Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

I've only read the first Sin City book, but from what I understand they are intertwining stories (I believe Frank Miller called them 'yarns') rather than being a linier narrative, so whilst something may happen in one story, they may appear elsewhere in the Sin City universe as this is another characters story (in the case of A Dame To Kill For, its one of Dwight's stories).

The first film incorporated three of the yarns: The Hard Goodbye (Marv), The Big Fat Kill (Dwight), That Yellow Bastard (Hartigan). So while SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Marv is executed

in The Hard Goodbye, he appears elsewhere as they are different stories at different points in the timeline, eg - Nancy (Jessica Alba in the first film) appears in both The Hard Goodbye in a minor role, but is a central character in That Yellow Bastard. Likewise with Gail (Rosario Dawson) appears briefly in The Hard Goodbye but is featured more in The Big Fat Kill. The same applies for Bruce Willis who was also on the cast list ( SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Bruce Willis' character, Hartigan, commits suicide in That Yellow Bastard, but will have minor roles in other stories

)

Hope that makes sense

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members

vidxLnb.jpg

So here's the costume from the new The Flash TV series, I'm surprised and pleased that they've gone for a relatively traditional costume, I don't think it's an especially flattering picture though, the lightning and lighting and lack of background looks really cheap and the fact that his bulbous head is so at the forefront of the picture is terrible posing, it looks a lot better from the side as shown in the first costume reveal.

The-Flash-TV-Show-Costume.jpg

• Moderators
JGL is in the new Sin City too. Fucker is determined to bring everything down a peg. Suprised he hasn't wound up in that Preacher pilot or that Gotham series FOX are doing

Eh, JGL is not the part of that announcement that's bad. He's awesome. Anyway, Goyer's off Sandman and they've got a new writer.

• Paid Members

The Goyer thing is jarring - and very much so - but I'm one of the few fans of Hellblazer that actually enjoyed the movie, so maybe I'll enjoy this too.

It was a different take on the character and I had a few gripes with it. My biggest being (I'm not sure if this constitutes a spoiler, but to be safe) SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

John Constantine from the comics wouldn't have whipped out a Hubba Bubba at the end. He would have smoked.

I like Neil Marshall and the fact they got a Welshman to play the lead, gives me a wee bit of hope that it might be decent. To be honest, I've been a fan of Hellblazer since my cousin gave me an immerciful stack of 2000AD, Swamp Thing, Hellblazer and Oink! comics when I was 13 or 14, so I'll take any form of Constantine on celluloid at this stage.

But yeah, the Goyer thing...