Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Just finished watching KC's Most Despised countdown. These things are never their strongest releases and this is no exception but they're entertaining enough to kill an hour. Definitely a better selection of talking heads than on previous releases (Nash, Waltman, Russo, DDP plus a few of the regulars) but the concept kinda dies when, almost without exception, each name on the list is met with "I don't hate him" from the talking heads, followed by stories about how they're actually not despised at all. Bill Apter steals the show by making an absolute fucking tit of himself saying "nobody knows" what really happened with Chris Benoit and that it could have been a professional hit made to look like murder/suicide. Idiot.

Yeah i caught this. Worth an hour just to hear new jack bitch.

Edited by quote the raven

I think Matt Striker said the same thing on his shoot interview. And RVD thinks demons were involved. Not figurative demons, actual ones.

Striker seemed really nice but decidedly odd in his shoot interview. He struck me as some Holland & Barrett's Max Cady who would invariably become extra super weird once the cameras were off and he started having a few beers.

With RVD you would expect it because he has a fairly straightforward YouTube induced pothead conspiracy complex about him but Matt Striker is one dark dude, I reckon.

• 2 weeks later...

Diva Diaries with Mia Yim. Didn't know much about her. The interview is moderately interesting, but the bonus matches are very enjoyable; a trilogy from CZW with her facing (the previously unknown to me) Greg Excellent. I thought they worked those matches very well, probably as well as any male vs. female stuff I've seen, perhaps with the exceptions of; Yuko Miyamoto v Kyoko Kimura & Ayumi Kurihara / Yoshihiro Takayama v Meiko Satomura / Minoru Suzuki.

Just watched the Cornette Breaking Kayfabe, though I'm not entirely sure how much kayfabe breaking was going on it was good value as always. It was pretty new stuff as well, with about one third his TNA run and then a couple of hours on Ring of Honor. The thing that I took away from the ROH bit was that he genuinely did seem to like the talent and see something in them - a lot of people, Steen for instance, criticise Cornette for an old school mentality but it was the old school mentality of working stiff and putting the matches first that Cornette like about ROH. Though his idea of having Adam Pearce as ROH's Joe Rogan is hilarious.

Good watch all round.

• Paid Members
Just watched the Cornette Breaking Kayfabe, though I'm not entirely sure how much kayfabe breaking was going on it was good value as always. It was pretty new stuff as well, with about one third his TNA run and then a couple of hours on Ring of Honor. The thing that I took away from the ROH bit was that he genuinely did seem to like the talent and see something in them - a lot of people, Steen for instance, criticise Cornette for an old school mentality but it was the old school mentality of working stiff and putting the matches first that Cornette like about ROH. Though his idea of having Adam Pearce as ROH's Joe Rogan is hilarious.

Good watch all round.

Yeah its not really " Breaking Kayfabe" is it. But then what would jim talk about, his cheese burger addiction? To be fair i could listen to him rant for hours anyway.

Corny needs to do another time line. The last one was probably my fave shoot ever, he gave a shit and did his homework and knew what he was talking about

• Paid Members

Cornette's concerns were all valid with ROH. Its a Mikey Mouse organization, where the people just want to keep their jobs and the owners dont want to spend any money and the fanbase wont accept any changes to their tried and tested formula. I have sympathy with him on that front. ROH's production needed a massive upgrade, the buildings they run are awful and some of the wrestlers just dont put the effort into their appearance. But at the same time, Cornette is fucking mental if he thought in the current climate ROH was going to find a niche and become this modern day version of the UWFI. His constant "UFC is wrestling" stuff gets fucking tiresome. Kevin Kelly and Adam Pearce as Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan sums up his ideas from the promotion on a onscreen end. If they'd have done what Cornette had asked in terms of improving production, getting a training school, running TVs from a set location and doing their house shows in markets that they could attract an audience in, they'd have been in a far better position now. But some of the stuff he was saying about booking the TVs was quite backwards. He's obviously a bloke who knows what he's doing in terms of a backstage role.

• Paid Members

I'm looking forward to watching this one, bit hope it isn't too much ROH. I've honestly never taken any interest in the promotion as it seems to be wrestling with all the fun stripped out of it, i.e the larger than life characters.

I recommend you buy/download the new Jimmy Hart shoot documentary looking back at his career in music. Worth it just to hear a 70 year old bloke perform an acoustic version of Sexy Boy and Rap is Crap.