Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

The Cornette one really is special but as mentioned before he kept a working diary / booking sheets, etc which he referred back to hence the level of detail he could go into. The rest are a bit hit and miss but it's understandable as i couldn't tell you what i had for dinner last week let alone go into details of stuff i did on a week to week basis over ten years ago off the top of my head.

Watched the Tammy Youshoot last night. Absolute filth, unsurprisingly, and her poor BF sitting in on the interview off camera as she rhymed off the lists of all the conquests. :confused:

Going back to the Round Table i noticed JR noting that Road Dogg made will into seven figures one year when things were really hot. Now i know they were coining it in all over the place from ticket sales, merchandise and whatever else and also that the N.A.O were one of their marquee acts back then but it makes you wonder what the very top level guys were making if someone like him was bringing in in excess of $1m

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

• Paid Members
Going back to the Round Table i noticed JR noting that Road Dogg made will into seven figures one year when things were really hot. Now i know they were coining it in all over the place from ticket sales, merchandise and whatever else and also that the N.A.O were one of their marquee acts back then but it makes you wonder what the very top level guys were making if someone like him was bringing in in excess of $1m

I remember reading in Powerslam years ago that Austin was on around 6 million dollars a year in 98/99, but how accurate that is I couldn't say. mad amounts of money if so!

According to various reports at the time, Dogg was a top merchandise seller, only second to the likes of Rock/Austin, IIRC.

On the subject of shoot interviews, whilst the first one is great fun, the second London/Kendrick shoot is diabolical. Don't watch it, ever.

That would put him third, not second. Its no wonder X-Pac and Road Dogg took on Billy Gunn and Triple H in 1999 with the DX royalties on the line.

I remember reading in Powerslam years ago that Austin was on around 6 million dollars a year in 98/99, but how accurate that is I couldn't say. mad amounts of money if so!

Via Meltzer a few years back:

"Steve Austin made $13 million in his best year in WWE. The Rock pulled in $10 million in his best WWE year (2000)."

Take it for what it's worth.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members

Not sure what to think after watching the KC with Leaping Lanny Poffo.

Intelligent guy, bit of an oddball but can suck his own dick. Make of that as you will.

Spent far too long discussing the Macho Man though and not much insight into Lanny's own career, and didn't even touch upon his 'WCW years'.

• 2 weeks later...