Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those of you who don't speak Spanish - Rangers fans pissed off the tier onto the Valencia supporters below, and four of them got papped out for fighting EACH OTHER with beer bottles. What a lovely bunch.

Drunks fighting each other after a couple of days of non stop boozing. And some pished wank having a piss over the tier. Oooooooooooooh.

Next you'll be reporting that somebody got caught smoking in the planes toilets

BAN US FROM EUROPE.

Do you fancy me or something mate? You've got quite the preoccupation with commenting on pretty much anything I post.

Just trying to provide an evenly balanced view of things to counter your propaganda. I figure I'm better positioned to reply to your sad little accusations since I'm just a football fan and not a sectarian cunt.

Not a Celtic hater at all, but "because we are one of the biggest teams in the world" did raise a chuckle. What utter tripe.

Aye, nonsense. Maybe twenty years ago but neither of the Old Firm are 'one of the biggest teams in the world' any more. Rangers are in the Champions League and I still wouldn't say it about us. We're barely one of the biggest teams in Britain.

• Paid Members

What happened to fining players and staff who criticise Officials? McDonald and Dallas were in the wrong but the SFA really need to get control over the situation or they won't have any Refs left.

Whatever McDonald's reason was for lying, if the SFA aren't going to fire him then they need to make it clear that they back him and that they won't tolerate players like Hooper questioning Referees' integrity like that.

They won't though. The SFA have absolutely no balls and they'll be quite content to ignore the situation and hope it all blows over. Christ, it wasn't that long ago that Roman Romanov flat out said that Rangers and Celtic were bribing Referees and no action was taken against him at all. Meanwhile Craig Levein got fined for simply saying Refs "bottle" decisions involving Rangers and Celtic.

Absolute joke of an organisation.

What happened to fining players and staff who criticise Officials? McDonald and Dallas were in the wrong but the SFA really need to get control over the situation or they won't have any Refs left.

Whatever McDonald's reason was for lying, if the SFA aren't going to fire him then they need to make it clear that they back him and that they won't tolerate players like Hooper questioning Referees' integrity like that.

The problem is that players and managers shouldn't be fined for being critical of referees performances.

Why should they be exempt from criticism?

The SFA should concentrate more on reprimanding (and in this case, sacking) officials who lie, not on what players and managers have to say about it.

• Paid Members

The problem is that players and managers shouldn't be fined for being critical of referees performances.

Why should they be exempt from criticism?

Because Referees have an impossible job at the moment and, if the SFA doesn't offer them SOME protection then standards are going to continue to fall as good Referees decide it just isn't worth the hassle anymore. If the likes of McDonald and Collum quit then who exactly is going to take their place? If they had anybody better then they'd already be in charge of SPL games.

Personally, I'd have no issue if the criticism was just "I think he made the wrong decision" but when it's stuff like Hooper saying "Refs deliberately make bad decisions against us to get their names in the paper" or Romanov's rubbish then it's beyond criticism and into slander. You don't hear anyone suggesting that Managers and Players deliberately performed badly do you? Well, except Peru in the 1978 World Cup I suppose.

At the very least the SFA should let the Referees clarify their decisions after the game. It certainly won't appease everybody but it might help a little.

Personally, I'd have no issue if the criticism was just "I think he made the wrong decision" but when it's stuff like Hooper saying "Refs deliberately make bad decisions against us to get their names in the paper" or Romanov's rubbish then it's beyond criticism and into slander.

It's this sort of thing I have a problem with as well. Lennon's implication that Collum shouldn't be refereeing an Old Firm was pretty poor as well.

I don't care if managers and players say if a decision is shit. Referees are almost untouchable at the moment. It doesn't help when governing bodies are trying to cover for their mistakes.

At the very least the SFA should let the Referees clarify their decisions after the game.

I don't know how much that'll help. Might turn out to be a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" deal.

i wish these pricks would shut the f*ck up over this so called penalty call at utd a few weeks ago, the keeper got the ball first there for no penalty.

they just can't accept a defeat

We won the game :thumbsup:, and outed the lies of the corrupt referee Dougie Dougie. I think it was worth the palava.

In other news, Celtic confirm the signing of free agent Olivier Kapo:

olivier kapo signs for celtic

Newsroom Staff

CELTIC are delighted to announce that they have completed the signing of Olivier Kapo. The French internationalist has joined the club on a short-term contract, subject to international clearance.

The 30-year-old is a free agent after being released by Wigan Athletic, and he is delighted to have joined the Hoops.

Archived