Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Any Celtic fans want to comment on Fraser Forster? Curious to see how he's getting on, was massive for us at Norwich last season (apologies for invading the thread!), by all accounts has an excellent future.

He has done well. Not really been tested much but has looked assured in everything he has done. Bit early to judge because our defence has been solid this season except for the first goal against Kilmarnock.

Pleased to hear it, sounds promising. I know it was only League One, but he was absolutely fantastic during his time here. Played with the maturity of a goalie way above the age of 21/22. Would love to have kept him on for another season, alas I believe Newcastle basically wanted all hands on deck for the Prem season at the time when we were trying to finalize the squad and agree how to cover the wages. One for the future.

Yeah, I noticed Lambert as touted him as a future England goalkeeper.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scottish Cup 1st round results:

Beith 2 - 0 Linlithgow Rose

Civil Service Strollers 1 - 2 Wigtown & Bladnoch

Coldstream 1 - 3 Forres Mechanics

Deveronvale 0 - 0 Inverurie Loco Works

Edinburgh City 1 - 0 Clachnacuddin

Edinburgh Univ 2 - 2 Brora

Fraserburgh 3 - 3 St Cuthbert Wndrs

Gala Fairydean 1 - 6 Sunnybank

Glasgow Univ 1 - 0 Burntisland Shipyard

Golspie Sutherland 2 - 2 Fort William

Hawick Royal Albert 0 - 3 Dalbeattie Star

Huntly 2 - 2 Girvan

Lossiemouth 0 - 2 Whitehill Welfare

Newton Stewart 1 - 1 Preston Ath

Rothes 2 - 2 Nairn County

Selkirk 1 - 6 Bo'ness

Vale Of Leithen 1 - 3 Keith

We're going to have a striker that was on trial at Hearts and a midfielder called Paddy Cregg as trialists today. Cregg has played in the SPL for Falkirk and Hibs so was wondering if anyone had an opinion on him.

The striker was a guy named Toto and we should have been better with the dog. Paddy Cregg was good today. Fitzharris was magnificent. Any time he gets the ball now the fans are on the edge.

Referee was shit. We should have had a man sent off.

Celtics performance at times today was dreadful but none the less glad we got the win. That's the type of game we would've lost last season under Mowbray. Haven't seen any replays so I'm going out on a whim here by saying the referees performance was absolutely shocking, we should've had a penalty in the first half from where I was sitting and there was a few other terrible decisions. Obviously though, I'll watch the replays then judge if I'm wrong or not.

• Paid Members

Gutted to have thrown away a two goal lead like that. Champions or not - losing a two goal lead at home to ANYONE is unacceptable.

In fairness to Rangers we were absolutely awful in the 2nd half and they deserved the win.

Although other than the penalty (which was spot on) the referee had a complete shocker.

On the plus side - our entire first choice midfield was missing (Aluko,Fyvie, Hartley and Pawlett) so the guys who came in did themselves proud. Also it looks like we have found a pretty good replacement for Lee Miller in Scott Vernon.

I went to this game with occasional poster lawlerm as part of our 'every round of the cup' adventure. Was a decent enough game. Though I think you'd be hard pushed to find a pitch with more of a slope to it. Also the pies were honking.

Rose were shooting down the hill in the first half and looked much the better team with 2 shots cleared off the line. However it was Beith who took the lead with one of their few attacks scoring from a header when the Rose keeper commited himself without getting there.

We thought Rose would continue their dominance and fight back in the second half but I don't know if it's because they were now shooting up the hill but they had an abysmal second half, doing very little indeed. Also their no.14 was the fattest footballer I'ver ever seen apart from Mark Yardley. Beith looked much better and scored a nicely taken second for the ultimately deserved victory.

I went to this game with occasional poster lawlerm as part of our 'every round of the cup' adventure. Was a decent enough game. Though I think you'd be hard pushed to find a pitch with more of a slope to it. Also the pies were honking.

Rose were shooting down the hill in the first half and looked much the better team with 2 shots cleared off the line. However it was Beith who took the lead with one of their few attacks scoring from a header when the Rose keeper commited himself without getting there.

We thought Rose would continue their dominance and fight back in the second half but I don't know if it's because they were now shooting up the hill but they had an abysmal second half, doing very little indeed. Also their no.14 was the fattest footballer I'ver ever seen apart from Mark Yardley. Beith looked much better and scored a nicely taken second for the ultimately deserved victory.

I was going to take that game in but I ended up going a cycle for longer than planned and ran out of time. Never been to Bellsdale Park, but I was at Ardeer 0 Beith 10 a couple of seasons ago.

It's good to see another North Ayrshire team in the cup after Irvine Meadow last season. Hopefully they can get a game against a league team.

Sky Sports News were reporting earlier ( don't know that they still are ) that Dundee could be going into administration and not long ago, Dundee said they are going to be announcing something in the next 48 hours.

Dundee director George Knight is adamant the club will still have a future if it goes into administration.

The First Division club must pay an Inland Revenue bill of

• Paid Members
Sky Sports News were reporting earlier ( don't know that they still are ) that Dundee could be going into administration and not long ago, Dundee said they are going to be announcing something in the next 48 hours.

Dundee director George Knight is adamant the club will still have a future if it goes into administration.

The First Division club must pay an Inland Revenue bill of

Archived