Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

I can see them going down before they come up, just look at Thistle.

Yeah, just noticed that the Jags were bottom of the First Division. They had spent reasonably well the last few years and they have a seemingly competent manager. How did the Jags get into that mess? Bizarre.

Ex-Ranger, Craig Moore is in a Dubai jail for arguing about an

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I can see them going down before they come up, just look at Thistle.

Yeah, just noticed that the Jags were bottom of the First Division. They had spent reasonably well the last few years and they have a seemingly competent manager. How did the Jags get into that mess? Bizarre.

Ex-Ranger, Craig Moore is in a Dubai jail for arguing about an

Well, we all know now that Mark McGhee was sitting in front of his telly last Tuesday watching the Rangers vs Man Utd game with his pen & notepad at the ready.

I know that Walter Smith can justify using those kind of tactics against a powerhouse like Man Utd, but can Aberdeen really justify using them when they visit Fir Park?

• Paid Members
Well, we all know now that Mark McGhee was sitting in front of his telly last Tuesday watching the Rangers vs Man Utd game with his pen & notepad at the ready.

I know that Walter Smith can justify using those kind of tactics against a powerhouse like Man Utd, but can Aberdeen really justify using them when they visit Fir Park?

Not quoting the article i see? Probably because you know EXACTLY the reason why.

When our 3 best (and perhaps only ones that are any good) creative attacking players are out injured then desperate measures are sadly called for.

• Paid Members
Not quoting the article i see?

What article?

This article.....

BBC Clicky

Aberdeen's Mark McGhee said he took a tip from Rangers' defensive formation in the Champions League to earn a 1-1 draw away to Motherwell.

The Dons manager was denied four forward-looking players for the visit to Fir Park.

"I joked in midweek before the Rangers-Man United game, 'let's watch to see if we can get any inspiration'," McGhee told BBC Scotland.

"I saw Walter Smith's back three and I thought 'that will do for me'."

Rangers manager Smith had used three central defenders in claiming a backs-to-the-wall draw away to Manchester United.

"I felt that we had our strongest 11 out there that we've got available to us," said McGhee.

"In the shuffle, we ended up with five centre-halves. The way to get them out there, rather than play one up front, was to play with a back three."

McGhee was unable to call on Peter Pawlett, Sone Aluko, Fraser Fyvie and Andrius Velicka, their loan signing from Rangers.

"We'd hope that Velicka will start to get fitter," said McGhee. "He's training with us. It's post-international break before you see him come in to the team.

"Pawlett, Flyvie and Aluko are three flair players that we are missing badly."

McGhee had been determined not to suffer another defeat.

"We had lost two games in a row and it was important that we didn't lose a third," he said. "Eventually, we ground out a result.

"The goal we lost was the sort you don't expect to lose with five at the back, but generally I thought we were fairly comfortable defensively.

"We've got to find a way to play but still offer a threat going forward.

"We looked hard to beat, but we have to be able to create more chances, particularly early in the game.

"Although it's the first time we have played that way, I'd expect us to have a bit more careful possession.

"We gave the ball away unnecessarily. Perhaps it was the new system."

I'm sure it's all just a huge coincidence...... :rolleyes:

• Paid Members
I was at the Rangers game last night... was good 2nd half, but still poor performance from rangers. I expect celtic to win comfortably tonight against caley, lennon seems to have installed a bit of belief in them. shocker hearts going out to falkirk...

Were you sitting near your old friend DoctorWho? You probably need to change your posting style....unless...you don't want banned.....again....for being a previously banned poster.....

I was at the Rangers game last night... was good 2nd half, but still poor performance from rangers. I expect celtic to win comfortably tonight against caley, lennon seems to have installed a bit of belief in them. shocker hearts going out to falkirk...

Were you sitting near your old friend DoctorWho? You probably need to change your posting style....unless...you don't want banned.....again....for being a previously banned poster.....

sorry? what u mean doctor who?

It's funny. You completely changed your posting style there from semi-literate to totally illiterate. And you even quoted your first post to highlight the difference after the accusation from Si.

3329956530_c4b7a82d56_o.gif

Archived