Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
And being a Rangers fan, it's funny you should ask that after McGregor wasn't pulled in front of the commitee.

Why would he be? He feigned contact, got caught and was deservedly booked for simulation.

Me and my big brother, both neutrals as far as Rangers and Celtic go, both thought that it was a penalty today.

Didn't see the red card unfortunately so can't comment on that.

It was the same incident wasn't it?

And being a Rangers fan, it's funny you should ask that after McGregor wasn't pulled in front of the commitee.

Why would he be? He feigned contact, got caught and was deservedly booked for simulation.

Me and my big brother, both neutrals as far as Rangers and Celtic go, both thought that it was a penalty today.

Apparently it was. :laugh:

I only seen the foul. Had no idea it was the one that led to the red card. If it was that then yeah, probably a red card on top of it.

SFA have said before they're trying to find something that will stop the divers. A yellow card in that match hardly stops him from doing it in a match again. Anyway, that was an irrelevant point I made, as Maloney didn't dive anyway.

the player was already booked early on, so it was a second yellow or was it a straight red? he did looked to have gone down easy but it ws a penalty.

He had been booked but it was a straight red for fouling while there was a goalscoring opportunity.

Apparently it was. :laugh:

I only seen the foul. Had no idea it was the one that led to the red card. If it was that then yeah, probably a red card on top of it.

he didnt dive for penalty...just went done very easily...

maloney dived in 1st half for the free kick he put just over, even commentators said he left his leg in but the motherwell player pulled out just in time and maloney went down anyways...thats simulation and could easily have got well player booked. and mcgregor got booked for his moment of being an asehole. i personally dont like mcgregor anyways

An interesting article about the Old Firm and the Premiership;

Celtic's largest shareholder Dermot Desmond has re-ignited the Old Firm for England debate by suggesting media pressure will lead to the SPL giants joining the Premier League.

Last year, England's top flight clubs voted to reject a proposal to invite Rangers and Celtic into the Premiership.

However, Desmond believes the decision will one day be taken out of the Premier League's hands.

"What will dictate them joining is the fans and the media companies," the Irishman said in an interview to be broadcast on BBC Radio 5 live later tonight.

"The companies are directing Premier League policy and they'll decide it'll be a good thing if the pair joined."

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside's proposal last year suggested that the Glasgow giants would be part of a two-tier Premier League.

However, Premier League chief executive Peter Scudamore moved quickly to quash any hopes, saying at the time: "As regards to Celtic and Rangers it's a non-starter.

"So we've made a clear and unequivocal statement and we're going to move on from there. No means no."

Desmond proposed a cap on debts and wages at all clubs but believes it may be too late to prevent some going out of business.

"There should be regulations and rules throughout Europe," he said.

"There should be a cap on how much a club can borrow and a cap on wages in relation to its revenue.

"It's important that clubs are not being jeopardised. I'm sure in the next few years we will see some clubs will go out of business."

Ricky Foster strikes me as the generic Walter Smith squad signing. Scottish, will try hard and could do a job in a few games. Nothing spectacular.

I'll refer to him as Christian Daily Jr.

Good to have a wee bit of cover on the left though. Hopefully it pushes Broadfoot further out the picture.

What are Aberdeen fans thinking about Velicka?

• Paid Members
What are Aberdeen fans thinking about Velicka?

Not too sure.

Has he not been injured for ages?

We are pretty short of midfield cover now with Fyvie being injured so would have preferred another midfielder seeing as we have plenty of forwards.

Archived