Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

I think if we're getting anyone from Pittodrie, it's Foster. I was nailed on certain that he would return to the Dons at the end of the season until Bougherra said he's off and Weir basically confirmed his retirement, so I think Ally will go after him due to us losing three of our four first choice defenders in summer (Papac still hasn't signed his new contract) and I think Foster will want to stay, perhaps making him more worth the money to Aberdeen.

McCoist has told Foster he wants him there next year. Aberdeen are looking for over

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morton 0-2 Dunfermline

Negatives first. We seemed to completely take all momentum away from ourselves when we played well because of the defence. Our midfield, while good technically, didn't have anyone in the centre who can boss the game. Jenkins came in from the right a lot to help, but that only served to hamper the wide play that we always try to do.

Now onto the positive stuff. Fouid Bachirou is FAR too good for Morton. Once again everything he did looked effortless and he has dealt with the physical side of things much better these days. Michael Tidser also had his best game in a Morton shirt for a while. Dunfermline's second goal from their #7 was an absolute beauty. Their fans LOVED it and seemed to be having the time of their lives. Fair play to them and congrats to the team for winning the league today. They were the better team today.

Manager of The Years XI 3-2 Plastic Whistle

Large crowd of 8000 or so at Dens for the game, a fantastic atmosphere also. Opening half was a very even game, with each team clearly looking for the other to make a mistake which didn't come.

The second half opened with a horrific head knock to a Thistle player, 10 minutes of rest right away in the second half. Forsyth gave Dundee the lead after a well worked goal. Riley winning a 50/50 in the air, knocking to for Forsyth to slot away to send Dens in to Party mode. 7 mins or so later Forsyth make it 2 with a well worked goal. Douglas rolls it out to Lockwood, who plays it down the line for Harkins to slide in the middle for Forsyth to once more slot home.

The game turns in to a usual end of season affair with lots of tired legs on display, Thistle instantly pull one back with a deserved goal, however Dundee go right back up the other end and Forsyth is blatantly tripped in the box, and getting the Thistle man sent off in doing so. Forsyth grabs the ball, however MOTY tells Lockwood it is his role to take penalties, which he duly does, making him 5 for 5 this season from the spot.

Dundee at this point are ol

David, when is the Motherwell vs Celtic game on at Hampden? I live close by and want to avoid the fans as much as possible on that day.

• Paid Members

There's no Hearts fans to wind up on here but I'm sure Jambo and the Celtic fans will all like to be wished a Happy Albert Kidd Day!

Hearts = Scotlands botllers! :laugh:

2071774190_c39222c0ac.jpg

There's no Hearts fans to wind up on here but I'm sure Jambo and the Celtic fans will all like to be wished a Happy Albert Kidd Day!

Hearts = Scotlands botllers! :laugh:

2071774190_c39222c0ac.jpg

To be honest, I'm too young to have been there that day, but happy Albert Kidd day to all.

dundee_hearts_1986.jpg

• Paid Members
I normally know all about Marty's footballing Days but I have no idea what this one's about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985%E2%80%93...ottish_football

Celtic won the League and became champions in one of the closest finishes in League history. On the final day of the season Hearts were leading Celtic by two points - a draw against Dundee would have been sufficient to see them win their first League title since the 1959

• Paid Members

I remember reading that Hearts started that season very poorly, losing all of their first six games, but then ending up coming back to lead the league..for a while.

That run at the beginning really was the reason why they lost it.

Celtic fans leaving on the 84th minute. I think they've had enough now. But I haven't!

ICT 3-1 Cetic. When I see Celtic Losing, I Go Out Of My Head, I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

3-1 also the scoreline of penalties claims not given to given.

Although, we were totally shite and didn't deserve to draw or win anyway.

• Paid Members
Celtic fans leaving on the 84th minute. I think they've had enough now. But I haven't!

ICT 3-1 Cetic. When I see Celtic Losing, I Go Out Of My Head, I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

3-1 also the scoreline of penalties claims not given to given.

Although, we were totally shite and didn't deserve to draw or win anyway.

You lot have had more than your share of soft penalties this season.

You just can't get enough!! :laugh:

Archived