Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Considering we've reduced our operating expenses by millions at a time and that we've still been in profit most years, that makes no difference. Our debt is probably one of, if not, the lowest in British football.

I was agreeing with youn until this. Nonsense.

Considering we've reduced our operating expenses by millions at a time and that we've still been in profit most years, that makes no difference. Our debt is probably one of, if not, the lowest in British football.

Ignoring lower league teams I thought Stoke and Scunthorpe were the only debt free Championship and Premiership clubs?

Fair enough British football is a bit far but between the Premiership and the SPL, Celtic and Stoke have the lowest debt of all clubs.

I think DoctorWho is Darrell King or Mark Guidi!

Looking forward to tomorrow's games. I thought we played really well against Utrecht the other night - the most impressive thing for me was our play when not in possession. If someone lost the ball, we maintained a very organised shape and our pressing/closing down was excellent, which is something I haven't seen in a Celtic team for a while.

Really like the look of a lot of the new signings. Juarez looks a class apart, and the boy Kayal had some game. Hopefully Majstorovic will be the destroyer we are all hoping for, he certainly looked the part on Thursday. Fingers crossed for a good season.

I'm hoping to catch a bit of the Rangers game before I leave for Celtic Park tomorrow. Hopefully Hibs can give them a game and get something from it.

I think DoctorWho is Darrell King or Mark Guidi!

Looking forward to tomorrow's games. I thought we played really well against Utrecht the other night - the most impressive thing for me was our play when not in possession. If someone lost the ball, we maintained a very organised shape and our pressing/closing down was excellent, which is something I haven't seen in a Celtic team for a while.

Really like the look of a lot of the new signings. Juarez looks a class apart, and the boy Kayal had some game. Hopefully Majstorovic will be the destroyer we are all hoping for, he certainly looked the part on Thursday. Fingers crossed for a good season.

I'm hoping to catch a bit of the Rangers game before I leave for Celtic Park tomorrow. Hopefully Hibs can give them a game and get something from it.

more likely to be keevans :p

and i wouldnt get too carried away, Utrecht are a relatively poor Dutch team. You should have rolled over Braga and didnt, I dont think beating Utrecht, who coulda been 2-0 in first ten mins with an unmarked volley and 8 yard header, is exactly steadying the ship

and i wouldnt get too carried away, Utrecht are a relatively poor Dutch team.

Regardless, a result is a result and qualification is what matters.

Speaking of which, whats the deal with the Champions League this season? Will Rangers manage to qualify for the Europa if they scrape third in their group?

Speaking of which, whats the deal with the Champions League this season? Will Rangers manage to qualify for the Europa if they scrape third in their group?

im not saying a result isnt a result, you can only beat whats put infront of you. But when they are shite against Braga and then ok against Utrecht, its a bit much for people to come out and say, oh he looked good and this one played really well. They didnt do it against a slightly better team so one average performance is no platform to judge players on

and yea, we would go into europa, to be honest, im all for playing youth in champions league as we arent going to get anywhere, give some young guys some invaluable experience against some top teams.

im not saying a result isnt a result, you can only beat whats put infront of you. But when they are shite against Braga and then ok against Utrecht, its a bit much for people to come out and say, oh he looked good and this one played really well. They didnt do it against a slightly better team so one average performance is no platform to judge players on

Don't forget Rangers haven't won a game against anyone in Europe for 28 months. A win is a win. Braga beat Sevilla the other night and they destroyed Rangers last year.

That's the first of the point scoring out the way for me for the season.

Don't forget Rangers haven't won a game against anyone in Europe for 28 months. A win is a win. Braga beat Sevilla the other night and they destroyed Rangers last year.

That's the first of the point scoring out the way for me for the season.

ok, so to take apart your arguement...

1)i already said i would be happy to play youth in champions league this year as given size and quality of our squad we have no chance..

2)i already said you can only beat whats put infront of you regards to Utrecht victory, what i said was dont get carried away

3)braga beat sevilla and sevilla beat rangers? ok..so on that, st mirren beat celtic 4-0 and celtic beat ac milan, barcelona, ajax etc..so st mirren should be beating them i take it...not how football works

so..point scoring ???

Morton 2-0 Partick Thistle

Stewart Kean is honestly one of the worst footballers I have ever seen in the Morton hoops. He scored our first today, but it was a deflected shot from three yards that the keeper would have saved. We were decent in the first half with Holmes and Monti in particular looking good.

We were chronic in the second half and Partick were probably worth a draw. We scored a second from a deflected free kick which didn't cross the line, but hey, a win's a win and we'll take what we can get to get our first win on the board but we need to improve against better sides.

Archived