Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

I remember the 1999 "Hugh Dallas meets a 50p" match and I remember them after it saying that now, under NO circumstances, would an Old Firm match be played on the Sunday of a Bank Holiday weekend. Why has that went out of the window? Going to be chaos.

The police advised the SPL that the lesser of two evils was playing the post split match at the earliest possible fixture date which happened to be bank holiday weekend rather than have to police another league decider at Ibrox/Celtic Park.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember the 1999 "Hugh Dallas meets a 50p" match and I remember them after it saying that now, under NO circumstances, would an Old Firm match be played on the Sunday of a Bank Holiday weekend. Why has that went out of the window? Going to be chaos.

Shh, we don't talk about that any more. It's only Rangers fans that ever did anything wrong.

• Paid Members

I had to laugh at the penalty save. Poor Celtic LOL.

I hope someone quizzes Lennon about that disgraceful dive by Stokes at the end too.

David - I honestly hope you lot turn them over in the Cup Final.

I'd like them to lose the league too just to stop all the fawning "look what Saint Neil has overcome" that will be all over the media.

Just in from the OF game.

Atmosphere was electric, seemed noisier than usual, but, from where I was standing, the crowd were well behaved for the most part.

The game was great to watch, and Allan McGregor is without a doubt one of the best keepers around. Deffo the best in Scotland. Kept Rangers in it.

Felt the game could have went either direction, and a draw is probably fair, though, there were decisions that favoured both sides which one could argue were incorrect. How Samaras stayed on for a blatant off the ball incident is beyond me. However, didn't see what merited Weir's yellow, if someone could clarify that for me I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, game was good, and could have had no controversy at all, but Lenny spoiled it at the end. Typical.

Atmosphere was electric, seemed noisier than usual, but, from where I was standing, the crowd were well behaved for the most part.

The game was great to watch, and Allan McGregor is without a doubt one of the best keepers around. Deffo the best in Scotland. Kept Rangers in it.

Felt the game could have went either direction, and a draw is probably fair, though, there were decisions that favoured both sides which one could argue were incorrect. How Samaras stayed on for a blatant off the ball incident is beyond me. However, didn't see what merited Weir's yellow, if someone could clarify that for me I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, game was good, and could have had no controversy at all, but Lenny spoiled it at the end. Typical.

Weir pushed Sammy and Sammy reacted. The only real difference was Weir hit the floor. I thought a booking was the right decision for both.

Rangers should be very thankful for Alan McGregor tonight. Without him Celtic would have won that game comfortably. Rangers were the better team in the first half, Celtic the second and without meaning to sound bias (I think a draw was a good result) if Celtic had of won it I dont think anyone could really have complained because I dont remember Forster having a save to make while McGregor made 3 good saves, one from Big Dan was outstanding, and saved the pen. Deservedly man of the match.

Out of the three penalty "shouts" I thought Ledley's was the strongest but if you dont give that you certainly cant give the one that was. Stokes' booking for diving was a joke. There was contact, probably not enough to warrant a penalty but that doesnt mean its a dive. I hate the rule that seems to be in place that contact in the book has to be either a penalty or a dive.

Samaras is a fucking tube. He should have played in Stokes when we had the 3 on 2 in the second half and he should never have been near the penalty.

Weir pushed Sammy and Sammy reacted. The only real difference was Weir hit the floor. I thought a booking was the right decision for both.

Rangers should be very thankful for Alan McGregor tonight. Without him Celtic would have won that game comfortably. Rangers were the better team in the first half, Celtic the second and without meaning to sound bias (I think a draw was a good result) if Celtic had of won it I dont think anyone could really have complained because I dont remember Forster having a save to make while McGregor made 3 good saves, one from Big Dan was outstanding, and saved the pen. Deservedly man of the match.

Out of the three penalty "shouts" I thought Ledley's was the strongest but if you dont give that you certainly cant give the one that was. Stokes' booking for diving was a joke. There was contact, probably not enough to warrant a penalty but that doesnt mean its a dive. I hate the rule that seems to be in place that contact in the book has to be either a penalty or a dive.

Samaras is a fucking tube. He should have played in Stokes when we had the 3 on 2 in the second half and he should never have been near the penalty.

I never saw Weir's little go at Samaras, but sounds like ref made the right decision. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

It was a good game, but, McGregor saved our bacon twice, while, Forster didn't have a lot to do.

Either way, a draw is fair I think.

Nice to see Lennon doing his bit to ensure that the Old Firm game finished without controversy. Just another instance of why he's a fucking idiot really;

c2VBK.jpg

Aye, Lennon puts up with 90 minutes of abuse from 50,000 Rangers fans and responds at the final whistle, after a fine result, as if to say, "I can't hear you now" and he's the idiot.

I don't see the controversy in that, to be honest. Particularly when the chant from the Rangers support at the time was "What's it like to live in fear?"

Weren't you the poster complaining a couple of days ago that nobody discusses the football in here anymore....?

Aye, Lennon puts up with 90 minutes of abuse from 50,000 Rangers fans and responds at the final whistle, after a fine result, as if to say, "I can't hear you now" and he's the idiot.

I don't see the controversy in that, to be honest. Particularly when the chant from the Rangers support at the time was "What's it like to live in fear?"

Weren't you the poster complaining a couple of days ago that nobody discusses the football in here anymore....?

The simple answer to any sane human being on this planet is to leave the morons in the Rangers crowd to enjoy their title hopes being dented.

I watched him applaud the Celtic fans and thought "Lennon has done himself proud today, and his team has got a good result" only for him to act like a tosser afterwards.

Sad.

• Paid Members

The simple answer to any sane human being on this planet is to leave the morons in the Rangers crowd to enjoy their title hopes being dented.

I watched him applaud the Celtic fans and thought "Lennon has done himself proud today, and his team has got a good result" only for him to act like a tosser afterwards.

Sad.

100% agree with this. He is like that kid at school who the bullies always end up picking on because he will always react. The best way Lennon could react had already happened with the 0-0 result and having the league in there pocket. It's funny when he gives players like Diouf abuse when he is just as bad allot of the time.

Archived