Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alan Thompson has revealed that Neil Lennon may consider his future as Celtic boss at the end of the season. Following on from a cataclysmic Old Firm Derby on Wednesday and the bomb hoax fiasco on Friday, Lennon has been put on 24-hour surveillance, and Hoops favourite Thommo believes that it could all prove too much for the Celtic manager.

Lennon has received bullets in the post earlier this season, and has been the victim of verbal and physical assault during his playing days.

Thompson is of the opinion that Lennon won

If he does go, I hope its with a smile on his face, a treble and a middle finger to the bigoted people in this country. Hounded out for being passionate. Hounded out for daring to be catholic. Hounded out for daring to be successful. Only in Scotland.

celtic pr spin in full force again

I think it's good PR for Lenny as well that his team has been belting Rangers about right, left and centre.

I will understand if he leaves at the end of the season for the sake of his family and safety. But by God, I fucking hope he does it with three trophies in the bag.

I am Neil Lennon.

What? You think a bomb threat and all the other abuse he's had to deal with is Celtic PR? Not, maybe, psychotic bigoted thugs who can't bear to see a proud Irish Catholic get it right up them and enjoy every minute?

What? You think a bomb threat and all the other abuse he's had to deal with is Celtic PR? Not, maybe, psychotic bigoted thugs who can't bear to see a proud Irish Catholic get it right up them and enjoy every minute?

so how come nobody seems to be able to catch these people? surely the royal mail will know where parcel came from, surely now the police can find these people.

so how come nobody seems to be able to catch these people? surely the royal mail will know where parcel came from, surely now the police can find these people. :rolleyes:

You're right Bubba, the Celtic PR department are making this shit up.

They've even went to the extent of having police officers wake Lennon & his family up in the early hours of the morning to inform him that he and his family will be placed under 24 hour surveillance.

Anything for a good story in the daily papers though, eh?

• Paid Members

Ugh.

I really hate the Scottish Media sometimes.

For what it's worth Lennon was always going to make a decision about his future at the end of the season, as he confirmed last week. The Press are simply twisting it so they can get another shocking front page off the bomb hoax story without actually doing any work.

In fact the STV story is just THIS Press Associated piece slightly rewritten to make it look like Thompson is saying Lennon is likely to leave when, in fact, he's saying the opposite.

Aside from that, I will say that I've got nothing but sympathy for Lennon. Some things are far more important than football and the people behind this hoax deserve nothing but contempt.

Buba, how would the Royal Mail know who the parcel came from? They are hardly likely to put a return address on the box are they?

well surely the post office, when you post a parcel they give you a reciept and they keep the copy, so if a parcel goes missing and you have to make a claim, they check the id number of said package.

well surely the post office, when you post a parcel they give you a reciept and they keep the copy, so if a parcel goes missing and you have to make a claim, they check the id number of said package.

Unless you come forward with the receipt they have no idea who sent it though.

Hold on...

Is Lennon not the recipient of these threats because of - at their base level - people in Northern Ireland? Yes, a package was sent from Motherwell, but any time I've ever read about Neil Lennon being threatened other than that it's because he's a Northern Irishman playing for and now managing 'them'.

The way Celtic fans go around with the attitude of 'this country' being the problem is baffling.

As someone who lives in the East of Scotland, I take offence to the notion that it's a 'national' problem. It really isn't. The problem starts in the West of Scotland and keeps going across the Irish Sea.

Oh and also, the Police Cheif who rightly wants the Old Firm games banned said even in York (where funnily enough, he was in an Irish pub) the atmosphere in there when he was watching the game on Wednesday was seriously hostile.

The only thing 'Scottish' about this problem is that the two teams play in Glasgow.

Oh and also, the Police Cheif who rightly wants the Old Firm games banned said even in York (where funnily enough, he was in an Irish pub) the atmosphere in there when he was watching the game on Wednesday was seriously hostile.

He wants the Old Firm games banned? As in evening kick-off times?

Morton: Denting Fife teams' title hopes in 2011.

Taking two points from Falkirk in midweek and then winning 3-1 today against Dunfermline. We also drew 2-2 up at Raith, but that was less of a dent, and more of an inconvenient scratch that can be easily sorted.

Sitting 4th in the table, which I'm very happy with. Would have KILLED for that at the start of the season.

Archived