Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Ally, why won't you just accept that your team are shite, and that the signing of Diouf was a timebomb waiting to go off? Everyone on the fucking planet knew this would happen.

Has Diouf trotted out the "I was racially abused" line yet? He usually does when things aren't going his way.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ally, why won't you just accept that your team are shite, and that the signing of Diouf was a timebomb waiting to go off? Everyone on the fucking planet knew this would happen.

Has Diouf trotted out the "I was racially abused" line yet? He usually does when things aren't going his way.

He was racially abused.

. 10 seconds in. ;)

I thionk you seem to be suffering from short term memory loss also. Check back a few pages to see my thoughts on the current Rangers team.

He was racially abused.
. 10 seconds in. ;)

I'm not talking about a random prick in the Celtic crowd, I'm talking about by the Celtic team/backroom staff?

If he hasn't, I'm sure he will.

There are theusual rumours flying about that Neil Lennon said something racist which caused the first scuffle, which I don't believe for a minute. As silly as The Lurgen Bigot is I don't think he's stupid enough to racially abuse a Rangers player.

But he did say something that's made McCoist react.

Considering the abuse Lennon has taken over the years for having the audacity to be a Northern Irish Catholic who played for Celtic, I seriously doubt he'd take racism lightly.

As for McCoist, didn't he react initially because Lennon had a pop at Diouf? Who supposedly had a pop at a member of the Celtic backroom team?

I've seen enough of Diouf over the years to know what kind of character he is. He's not the innocent party in all of that, and has probably been the guy who started the unfortunate chain of events that followed.

Needless to say though that Lennon brings it on himself.

We must all surely agree that he needs to learn not to rise to the bait like he does. When Diouf came over to the technical area, he didn't need to get up and confront him like that. If he'd just sat there and not reacted then Diouf would either have walked off feeling stupid or gone into the Celtic technical area and so would have been sent off.

With the McCoist thing, regardless of what McCoist may have said, it's Lennon who looks worst out of it, mainly because the camera is square on him pulling a hate-filled face and squaring up.

As I said above, Lennon needs to learn (as does McCoist, but we're talking mainly about Lennon) that he is not only the manager of a football club, but he's also the leader of a tribe. That's what this is. It goes beyond football.

As for the statements, both of them are pathetic. "They insulted us at Ibrox" from Rangers and "We only had 3 men booked" from Celtic. The Rangers one is irrelevant and the Celtic one ignores the fact that the public outrage towards Celtic in this instance is towards the scuffles involving the management team rather than the players.

Neil Lennon is a tool, I agree with that. I never wanted him as a player at Celtic Park, I didnt want him as our manager apart from the fact he would put a bit of fight back into a team that was badly needing it.

You must be happy with him as manager now though, yeah?

To be honest, no. I wasnt happy when Strachan was manager even though we were winning. I just cant take to Neil Lennon at all, there's just something about him to me. I realise I'll be in a minority of Celtic fans in having that opinion but there you go. I'm happy we're winning of course if thats why you were asking.

So, you weren't happy when Strachan was manager? Why not?

I wasnt happy with Strachan because he had us playing shite football. He went on about Team 2 being better than Team 1, Team 3 being better than Team 2 etc yet we went backwards. He obviously had a problem with Aiden Mc Geady and didnt play him at times which hurt the team overall. He treated our fans with contempt calling them "Kestrel drinking, devil dog owners". He won two leagues on the bounce against no competition and only won a third against a Rangers team who were out on their feet due to the UEFA Cup run. He threw away a seven point lead TWICE when we should have won four in a row. He treated the Rangers games as "just another game" when quite clearly they arent. He was afraid to say anything about some of the horrendous referring decisions that went against us while he was in charge.

For the record I was happy when Mowbray got the job....how fucking wrong was I?

Stylin and Profilin, how are you feeling about the game on Saturday with your lot and Morton?

We've not been bad recently and I reckon we can dent your title hopes like we did to Falkirk in midweek. We're not a great side but we're tough to beat. Our problem right now is scoring so I reckon that we're gonna have to hope to keep a clean sheet and I reckon there's goals in your side, so from that side of things, I'm a little worried. Guys like Graham and Lyle might be able to sneak a goal though and the boy Fitzharris from Celtic is a cracking wee player for us.

I'd probably say 1-1 for a prediction, but that's the heart. The head is saying 1-0 to the Pars.

It appears that sense has prevailed;

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has had a touchline ban reduced from six matches to four following an appeal at Hampden.

Lennon had been banned for "excessive misconduct" following an altercation with fourth official Steven McLean in an away defeat by Hearts last November.

His club said they were "surprised and extremely disappointed" in January when the six-match ban was imposed.

Now, having considered Celtic's case, the Scottish FA's Appeals Board has reduced the ban term to four matches.

A statement by the SFA issued on Thursday evening said: "The Appeals Board has tonight found that the Scottish FA's charge of excessive misconduct against the Celtic manager, Neil Lennon, was inevitable.

"However, they set aside the original sanction of a two-match automatic suspension plus a further four matches for excessive misconduct and have imposed a new sanction of an automatic two-match suspension and an additional two matches.

"The new sanction will be imposed with immediate effect."

The decision means Lennon will be forced to sit in the stand when Celtic play host to Hamilton in the Scottish Premier League on Saturday, at Inverness in the Scottish Cup quarter-final on 13 March, at Celtic Park when Hibs are the SPL visitors three days later, then at Hampden for the Co-operative Insurance Cup final against Rangers on 20 March.

Celtic were represented at the Hampden hearing by Paul McBride QC.

When announcing that they planned to appeal, the club had said they felt that Lennon's punishment was "excessive and unprecedented for a first offence".

Lennon could be set to receive another ban for his part in the altercation with Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist at Celtic Park on Wednesday night after his team's 1-0 Scottish Cup fifth-round replay win.

Source: BBC

A four match ban fits the crime more than a ridiculous six match ban.

Newspapers today reporting that the exchange between Super Ally and Lennon was:

Ally: Leave my players alone...or else.

Lennon: Well, you shouldn't sign cunts like Diouf then, should you?

Is anyone buying that?

For what it's worth, Lennon should have risen above everything that happened at the game. Winning is the best revenge etc. However, it seems bizarre to suggest that Celtic are equally culpable for everything that happened. Three bookings in a very big game is not a huge number. Three sendings off is. We know all our fine Scottish referees are absolutely honest, fair and unbiased too, so there's no question of an anti-Rangers conspiracy. And the flare-up at the end between Super Ally and Lennon looks for all the world like McCoist said something out of line. I mean, Lennon is smiling and shaking hands, then freaks out after Super Ally says something to him. OK, sticks and stones and all that, but given that they seem to have patched things up immediately afterwards, is it really that big a deal anyway?

My favourite bit of chat from the game though was from Alan Thomson. Asked about the Diouf confrontation at the Celtic dugout, he said "oh, I sold him a house in Bolton when he went there, so we were just chatting about the price of houses in Glasgow." I would LOVE that to be true. :)

He was racially abused.
. 10 seconds in. ;)

I'm not talking about a random prick in the Celtic crowd, I'm talking about by the Celtic team/backroom staff?

There are theusual rumours flying about that Neil Lennon said something racist which caused the first scuffle, which I don't believe for a minute. As silly as The Lurgen Bigot is I don't think he's stupid enough to racially abuse a Rangers player.

Just out of interest how many times are you going to spell Lurgan incorrectly?

How anyone who supports the most bigoted football club in the world can stand there and comment on anyone elses bigotry is utterly beyond me.

• Paid Members
He was racially abused.
. 10 seconds in. ;)

Just out of interest how many times are you going to spell Lurgan incorrectly?

How anyone who supports the most bigoted football club in the world can stand there and comment on anyone elses bigotry is utterly beyond me.

I'd be interested to know how we possibly even compete with the likes of Zenit St Petersburg (who don't sign black players) or Athletic Bilboa (who only sign players of Basque descent) or are you just wildly exaggerating the way your support is prone to do?

Anyway, Wednesday was undoubtedly the worst result we could've had. I wasn't that bothered about going out of the Cup, since the League has to be our priority this season, but the three red cards and losing Lafferty, Jelavic and Papac to injury is disasterious. We're down to the bare bones already and that's only going to make things worse. Are Whittaker, Bougherra and Diouf suspended for the League Cup Final or just the next Scottish Cup game?

No real complaints about the Referee. I thought Whittaker's first booking was harsh but, regardless, he knew he was on a yellow so going in for a challenge the way he did for the second was moronic. Scott Brown's booking was weird. Not sure what the Referee saw but, from replays it looked like he got booked just for getting kicked by Davie Weir.

I think for Scottish Cup bookings, it's only Scottish Cup games you get banned for. League Cup game cards carry over into League games.

Oh, and I just popped into a newsagent. One of the other papers is claiming Super Ally offered Lennon out for a fight. Aye, Lenny brings it all on himself right enough, what with his winning games against a busted flush of a Rangers team and all.

• Paid Members

I'm a big Coisty fan, but I'm thinking Ally did start it.

Look at the footage with no Rangers or Celtic blinkers on. Lennon leans over, all is forgiven, McCoist then whispers sweet nothings in Neilos ear, and the ginger one flys off the freaking handle.

Archived