THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Paid Members
Does the 'posting pictures of old footballers' response to certain posts have any basis in anything, or is it just for fun? I'd find it funny regardless, I just wondered whether there was a reason behind it...

bumclasshero / His Airness invented it about a year ago for dealing with shit threads. There has been a cricket player variant used on the odd occasion, too.

• Paid Members

I was actually going to ask why we don't have at least an MMA sub-forum. Mind you, there does seem to have been more of an explosion of them recently so maybe we haven't needed one just yet.

Can neil create such a thing or does it have to be Moo?

• Paid Members
I was actually going to ask why we don't have at least an MMA sub-forum. Mind you, there does seem to have been more of an explosion of them recently so maybe we haven't needed one just yet.

Can neil create such a thing or does it have to be Moo?

I'm not sure. I was joking. Mo Chatra went on a campaign to get an MMA sub-forum years ago and it wasn't allowed. We agreed there'd be a monster MMA news thread and then one thread per UFC event. If there are loads of threads, it's probably events close together. I'll have a look.

• Paid Members

Oh, I remember Chatra going mental about MMA posting, but I didn't realise he was wanting a sub-forum. I think, really, we could do with one now.

• Paid Members
Oh, I remember Chatra going mental about MMA posting, but I didn't realise he was wanting a sub-forum. I think, really, we could do with one now.

I think it works well at the moment. If you had a sub-forum, it'd just be a free for all with hundreds of threads for every news item and show. Being part ofn the main forum, there are normally only 3 or 4 threads active.

It's similar to the football threads in off-topic. We manage 3 or 4 of those. If there was a sub-form, there'd be millions of threads for all different things. And essentially, this is still a wresting forum so that isn't what anyone is looking for.

I've checked out the MMA threads and it does just appear that there are a few things going on. The thread for last weeks show will disappear shortly.

Dare I say off-topic might be a more suitable home for MMA threads? Seeing as, y'know, it's not wrestling...

Yeah, I don't understand why it's in On Topic. Surely the boxing thread should be in on topic as well then? I'm thinking about starting a Karate thread (I'm not) that should go in on topic then surely?