THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Paid Members

How do you multi quote someones post. For instance if someone has several points in a post how do you break it up and quote underneath each point? Everytime I try it just puts my points in their quote and it looks a mess.

• Paid Members
How do you multi quote someones post. For instance if someone has several points in a post how do you break it up and quote underneath each point? Everytime I try it just puts my points in their quote and it looks a mess.

Delete all the bits you dont want. Copy. Paste once, and delete all the bits you aren't referencing. Post your reply underneath. Paste again underneath.

Lather, rinse, repeat as needed.

• Paid Members

Just do it so its coded like this (replacing the word lesson with quote)

[lesson]bla bla bla[/lesson]

Response

[lesson]bla bla bla[/lesson]

Response

And you'll have something looking like this;

How do you multi quote someones post.

What do you mean?

For instance if someone has several points

Ah, now I get ya.

how do you break it up and quote underneath each point?

Like I just showed you.

Everytime I try it just puts my points in their quote and it looks a mess.

Not anymore. Go practice and make me proud.

Edited by Legend Killer

Delete all the bits you dont want. Copy. Paste once, and delete all the bits you aren't referencing. Post your reply underneath. Paste again underneath.

Lather, rinse, repeat as needed.

Alternatively, you could just click the quote button at the bottom right of each reply you wish to quote. scroll to the bottom of the page and then click "add reply" and edit that way, as all the selected quotes from anywhere on the board will be pulled through for your post. Its a lot easier.

Hope that helps

• Paid Members

Cheers legend killer and patdfb.

It was not so much the whole quote things it is if you want to break down a long quote to post on each point I understand now and shall put it into practice. Not just yet though.

• Paid Members
Cheers legend killer and patdfb.

It was not so much the whole quote things it is if you want to break down a long quote to post on each point I understand now and shall put it into practice. Not just yet though.

I'm on the edge of my seat!