Dragon Gate UK : Shingo v Yokosuka 2 DVD Released!

Mark Sloan

Just figured something out... Broxbourne is chav central. I am waiting to get stabbed !!

This made me laugh when I read it on my phone the other night. Too true! I actually listened open mouthed at a conversation between three people on the bus to the venue... BEYOND parody I tell you. St. Ives was a much more pleasant/less terrifying place... in fact, from the bus ride to Huntingdon (on a gloriously sunny Sunday morning) the whole area seems gorgeous!

Really enjoyed last night with the exceptions of some bells in the crowd although there were some class chants as well. I really liked the venue too. Didn't get too many great pictures from where I was sat but here are a few I liked

Bloody hell, you must have been sat incredibly near to where I was... the second row seats on that side were crazy close to the ring (the people in front must have been knee to ring apron!) but I too failed to get a single half decent picture really, despite my best efforts... half wish I'd gone for front row now.

Can't decide between the World 1/Warriors 5 six man on the first night or the Doi & BxB/Yamato & Shingo tag match (which gave the four men on next an impossible act to follow, unfortunately) on the second for match of the weekend. Both were superb, containing DG's trademark escalation of ever more crazy and complex near fall sequences... it actually boggles my mind how crisp and flawless everything looks when the core roster members put on these kind of matches. There's just a dizzying amount of complicated multiple person sequences, the type which I can only assume are quite specifically planned out beforehand, and seeing Dragon Gate live just emphasises how spot on their timing and execution HAS to be! And seeing Pac, a guy who I've seen wrestle at a small show ten minutes walk from my house, look increasingly at home amongst the likes of CIMA and Yoshino and Dragon Kid... is very, VERY cool!

As for the rest... the "bonus match" on Night 1 was really good! Hardly what I expected to see as merely a warm up to the main show, it was legitimately better than a few of the weekend's main card matches, and I hope it makes the DVD! Especially surprising, as someone else said, was that a title change took place here, in a dark match! But yeah, very impressed. Cyber Kong may be my pick for overall MVP of the two shows... if only for his omnipresence! Whether he was squashing Brits like Dragon Gate's very own version of Ultimate Warrior, or being gruffly hilarious as a ring second in what seemed like half of all the other matches, he was never less than entertaining.

And Shingo/Yokosuka 2... I seem to have enjoyed less than everyone who has posted so far. Not a bad match by any means, but I simply began to suffer from false finish fatigue a good five minutes (and approximately 175 clotheslines/exploders) before the end. Susumu's match with Mochizuki the following night was comfortably better I felt.

So I'll echo everyone elses comments in giving mad props to Mark Sloan for ANOTHER two impeccably organised nights of wrestling... as mentioned, simply the timekeeping of the NOAH show and the three Dragon Gate shows he's organised should be an example to everyone else out there. I still wish there had been more merchandise though... DG is the "coolest" wrestling company on the planet and I'm sure I'm not the only one dying to get his hands on a legit Japanese T-shirt or hoody or bag or something... next time?!

The fans were cool though... and impossible NOT to buy at a fiver.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I'll echo everyone elses comments in giving mad props to Mark Sloan for ANOTHER two impeccably organised nights of wrestling... as mentioned, simply the timekeeping of the NOAH show and the three Dragon Gate shows he's organised should be an example to everyone else out there. I still wish there had been more merchandise though... DG is the "coolest" wrestling company on the planet and I'm sure I'm not the only one dying to get his hands on a legit Japanese T-shirt or hoody or bag or something... next time?!

Agree with this. I took lots of spare cash both nights in the hope of an authentic DG tee of some type (possibly more than one). I got the event Tee (which was nice again) but would have loved there to be more wrestler specific stuff. A Mr Anderson T-shirt didn't cut the mustard. :D

The towels were cool, my mate bought one of the black and white ones.

Thoroughly enjoyed both nights, but night 1 was the better of the 2 without doubt.

Shingo Vs Yokosuka was match of the weekend, and the latter was my MVP of the weekend, closely followed by the improved beyeond all recognition PAC (admittedly I had not seen him in 3 years).

Had a handy upgrade on night 2 from row 3 to ringside.

I prefered the venue in Hoddesdon, but St Ives is a really picture esque little town.

The 6 man on night one and the tag co main event with Shingo & Yamato Vs Doi and BB Hulk were both outstanding.

Never seen Mark Haskins before this weekend and think he is one to watch.

Great curries in both towns as well, and Hoddesdon would get the (very slight) nod over St Ives :)

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed both shows. Incredible matches, on the whole I enjoyed night 2 more than night 1 but that was only just, both nights were brilliant.

Lion Kid has got a lot of stick and while I think some of it is justified I don't think it is entirely his fault. Mark Sloan has done such a brilliant job as promoter of all the shows he does I feel bad levelling any criticism at him but this is just a tiny observation. We all know that Wade is your boy and non of us in the same postion wouldn't do the same, but if you just turned down the pressure on him a little bit perhaps people would not get on his back so much. The Lion Kid banners, and posters is just a bit to much and while I am sure Wade has a lot of talent you do him no favours by pushing him quite as much as you do Mark. That is just my observation, and I am sure others will disagree but that is how I see it.

I loook forward to DGUK 3.

Results from Oberhausen tonight....

Tommy End beat Dragon Kid

Masato Yoshino defeated Emil Sitoci

Bad Bones pinned USA's Brodie Lee

Pac beat BxB Hulk

Cima defeated Mark Haskins

Big Van Walter and Susumu Yokosuka beat Shingo and Cyber Kong

Zack Sabre Jr defeated Masaaki Mochizuki

Yamato defeated Naruki Doi

...for those of you that may have missed them on the previous page, or failed to see them again when they were posted in a quote at the top of this page...

Yes, my bad.... :blush:

for those interested i have done a league style table for all 3 DGUK shows, purley on wins/loss over the 3 shows. Although there isa scoring system, (1 point for competing, 3 for a win and 2 for winning as part of a team,(although 0 points for loosing!)).

If anybody likes to know Pac has scored the most points over the 3 shows with a total of 4 points (1 for attending and 3 for winning each match), closley followed by mark haskins who ranks in at number 2. In joing 3rd place are Naruki Doi and bxb hulk, then followed by Yokosuka in 4th place. Cyber kong rocketed into joint 5th place (along with lion kid) due to his big wins over the past two shows.

In joint last place are the young bucks, jonny storm, joey hayes, zack sabre jnr and KAGETORA, with only the 1 point each for attending specific shows, and no wins.

Haskins leads the team uk standing, followed by lion kid in second. And xtreme dean went into 3rd place with his win over stixx. (it should be noted that the other team uk members are yet to win a match, other than the all stars.) Pac leads the DG standings, along with the other 3 world 1 members coming in and 2nd and joint 3rd respectivly!

Team world 1 has scored the most in the Six man rankings, where as Saito/horiguchi, pac/haskins, doi/hulk and the All stars are joint 1st in the tag team rankings.

So im a geek for doing all of that, but interestiong to see where people ended up. For anybody as geeky as me, drop me a pm and i'll email over the full rankings over to you!

Cheers!

• Paid Members

It is strange to consider that of those wrestlers that appeared on all three shows to date and won every match, Haskins is right there among the Dragon Gate regulars.

Someone has uploaded a fan cam of the last half of the Doi/Hulk vs. Shingo/Yamato match from Night II on Youtube if anyone wants to see it.

Yeah, that's not going to seem like a kick in the teeth to Mark and all.

Just wait for the DVD, you'll be able to hear all those glorious nasty strikes in full.

Cannot wait for the DVDs.

Had a very sobering thought afte the 2nd show. That was probably the last time I can travel to the UK to a wrestling show for a long long time. Getting married in 2 years and have to save like a bastard. So next time may have to be with my kids when they come along.

But it is great to go out on to so to speak, after a crazy crazy weekend.

• Paid Members

Just seen that on purolove they have the end of the tag match being a H-Thunder, I could have sworn it was a normal EVO, but then, I don't really know what the H-Thunder is? Enlighten me?

Also, having tried Amerchandise, ROH and DGUSA - where in blue hell can I buy a World 1 t shirt??

Archived