Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

I've never seen that Jacare vs Roger Gracie match, will have to look it up later. Jacare is a beast, I hope he he wins UFC gold at some point. Has there been any news of who he's fighting next?

Royce vs Bravo would be interesting if they could come to some sort of agreement on rules.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I can't see Bravo vs Royce ever happening. For one, the fact it took eleven years to even get the Royler rematch on. Two, the size difference. And three, Royce wants a fight with Bravo under MMA rules rather than a grappling match. Which is as mental as it is unlikely. Bravo's a 43 year old bloke who's never fought MMA in his life, I'm not even sure he's trained any other discipline other than BJJ. And 47 year old Royce is calling him out for an MMA fight in 2014! It's almost comedy. And it's not happening.

Some Eddie Bravo quotes.

On the draw with Royler

"I thought I won. The headline on The Underground 20 minutes later was 'Bravo dominates Gracie at Metamoris.' He actually thought it was a legit draw at the press conference. I was sitting there at the press conference saying, maybe I'm delusional. Then I got back on The Underground, and it was 90 percent, Eddie Bravo won, and Eddie Bravo dominated."

On the backstage confrontation with Royce

"After that match, after I got onstage, I was giving it up to the Gracies like I always have. I've always been super respectful of the Gracies. As a matter of fact, in my first book which came out in 2005, in the beginning, I write about them and give them the ultimate respect. I wanted to squash all these misconceptions that I'm against jiu-jitsu, and I'm a jiu-jitsu traitor, and all this shit. It's incredible how things get twisted. 'Oh he disrespected me and I dropped the gi.' I dropped the gi for jiu-jitsu, to make jiu-jitsu look better in the UFC. The UFC got me into jiu-jitsu; jiu-jitsu didn't get me into the UFC.

I'm throwing up after the event, we went 20 hard minutes, I'm so emotional; my mom is there, I'm crying, it was just crazy. After it was all done, I felt like I had to throw up. I'm throwing up on the side of a tent... I hear this voice behind me, 'It's good that you said these things about my family.' I'm like who is this? I turn around, wipe throw up off my mouth and it's Royce Gracie, and he goes, 'It's good that you're saying what you say because you used to talk shit about my family.' And then I get up and I'm like 'Dude, I never talked shit on your family, who is telling you these lies?' And I go in my book, like I told him, my book in 2005, I thank you, and I'm pointing, I have my finger like, 'I thank you. I thank Royler. I thank your father,' and he thought that was disrespectful, because I was like pointing at him, he goes 'Don't point your finger at me! Don't disrespect me!' And he gets in my face like he wants to fight me, and Jean Jacques Machado, he separates us. Man, Royce Gracie wants to kick my ass? How cool is that?"

"He said I was throwing up because his brother dominated me, that's why I was throwing up. How hysterical is that?!"

On possibly facing Royce at a future Metamoris event

"No, you know what, I don't think Metamoris would ever want me back to tell the truth. That show got more praise than any other grappling event ever. I haven't heard from Ralek Gracie at all. He hasn't called me or texted me or thanked me. I haven't heard from Ralek at all. I think he might be mad at me. Isn't that kind of weird? He's mad at me for something. I blew his show up. I blew it out of the water....I don't think Metamoris will ever have me back."

On Royce challenging him to an MMA fight

"He wants to do an MMA match with me, he doesn't want to do jiu-jitsu, he only wants to do MMA. I'm like, 'I don't even do MMA! What are you talking about?' Either way, it's hilarious that Royce fucking Gracie wants to beat me up."

Excellent little countdown video with James Brum ahead of Cage Warriors 67 where he challenges Brett Johns for the CWFC Bantamweight Title.

Brum talks a lot about training in pro wrestling, FWA, Mark Sloan, Wrestling Alex Shane etc before turning to MMA where he is currently on an 8 fight winning streak.

• Paid Members

Europe's flagship Mixed Martial Arts promotion, BAMMA, is proud to announce a newly inked deal with ESPN3 in the USA and its territories.

BAMMA 15 will be carried live on ESPN3 from the UK's iconic Copper Box Arena on 5th April, as London's Olympic Park re-opens to the public.

http://bamma.com/news/2014/04/03/bamma-str...ead-of-bamma-15

And...

#BAMMA15 to stream LIVE on Facebook on Saturday night http://bamma.com/news/2014/04/03/bamma-15-...ide-on-facebook

• Paid Members

well Bellator 115 fell apart at the weigh-in, 2 shows dropped from the main card so it's a pretty depleted show, i'll still be tuning in though.

56a4b_Bellator-115-Fight-Poster-375x413-1396572436.jpg

Bellator 115 takes place tomorrow (Fri., April 4, 2014) at Reno Events Center in Reno, Nevada, continuing the mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion's Season 10 action. The official "Minakov vs. Kongo" weigh-in results are below minus a few faces.

Bellator 115 weigh-ins are complete from Silver Legacy Hotel in Reno, Nevada, in preparation for the mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion's Spike TV event tomorrow night (Fri., April 4, 2014), which will showcase a Heavyweight world title fight between division champion, Vitaly Minakov, against former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) standout, Cheick Kongo.

Unfortunately, even before the combat sports action got under way, the Bellator 115 main card that was is set to air took two major hits. Jeremy Kimball failed to make weight, forcing the cancelation of his Middleweight tournament semifinal match against Dan Cramer.

In addition, Andrey Koreshkov came down with the flu and was unable to weigh in, postponing his Welterweight tournament semifinal bout against Sam Oropeza until later this season.

With the changes, the reworked Bellator 115 main card, including official weigh in results, now looks a little something like this:

MAIN CARD

Bellator Heavyweight World Title Fight: Cheick Kongo (232.8) vs. Vitaly Minakov (253.4)

Welterweight Feature Fight: Herman Terrado (170) vs. Justin Baesman (170.9)

Light Heavyweight Feature Fight: Volkan Oezdemir (205.6) vs. Kelly Anundson (205.8)

Catchweight Feature Fight (195lbs): Johnny Cisneros (192.6) vs. Mikkel Parlo (193.5)

"PRELIMS" UNDER CARD:

Welterweight Feature Fight: James Terry (170.3) vs. Rick Reeves (170.1)

Heavyweight Feature Fight: Freddie Aquitania (238) vs. Josh Appelt (242.9)

Lightweight Feature Fight: Jason Powell (155.2) vs. Sinjen Smith (155.1)

Flyweight Feature Fight: Benito Lopez (125.9) vs. Oscar Ramirez (126)

• Paid Members

Read earlier that Karo Parisyan is on the prelims of an upcoming Bellator. What a fall that guys career has taken. In 2005/06 he was about the most exciting thing in the UFC. He was fucking awesome. Everyone predicted a bright future. And almost as fast as he rose up the ranks, everything went to shit. The hamstring injury had to be the biggest factor. Rogan always talks about the horrible state Karo's hamstring is in to this day. Then there's all the panic attack issues. On top of that he outed himself as a right knob on TUF 5 with the Nate Diaz confrontation and the "does he know who I am?" stuff. As great as 2004-2006 were for Karo, everything from about 2008 on kind of deleted all the good stuff from the memory and now it's kind of sad to watch him, knowing what he could've become. You watch him and Diego Sanchez go to war, or his cracking fights with Burkman and Fickett, dominating Serra, almost decapitating GSP with an armbar - then look how shot he looks these days.

When you consider Bellator saw enough value in 2013 Tito Ortiz to attempt to headline a PPV with him, the fact that Karo isn't even Spike main card worthy at this point is pretty sad. He'd have been one for Jim's underachievers thing in the Past Fights thread actually. The fact none of us even thought of him speaks volumes about how colossal his career nosedive has been.

He'd have been one for Jim's underachievers thing in the Past Fights thread actually.

Good suggestion. I may write a post on that when I have the time. Mind you, I wrote one on Melvin and it seems to have cursed him. Karo is a bit of a forgotten man, it was a shame we never saw Hughes vs Karo in November of 2005, both where in the peak of their careers then.

Karo has been around now for 15 years, he trained with Tito Ortiz in the late 90's. I actually went to college with a guy who trained with him (he was a Judo standout), said he was a decent enough bloke. Which surprised me due to the TUF 5 antics previously mentioned.

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

i caught bits of it, Oli Thompson got wasted in the main event. Not sure whether to get excited about that Albanian Psycho kid but he's associated with Golden Glory and clearly doesn't like the idea of being in the cage more than a minute so i'll be tuning for his next fight.

Was crazy to see him hit a flying knee that guy was huge. Thompson was standing next to us afterwards looking at the replay and claiming he didnt tap. As soon as that knee hit his chin he was out for the count.