Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

yeh that was quality :thumbsup: Davis won me over that night, not just in his performances but in his likability post-fights, he showed some of the personality that had people jumping on his bandwagon back in the day.

Related...Linton Vassell is making claims that he offered to take the final fight (which was the right protocol if the semi-winner couldn't make it into the final) but was told that he was medically suspended. The medical suspensions have since come out and Vassell isn't one of them.

I don't think much will come of it, it's probably best it didn't happen either because Vassell got rocked a few times during the Mo fight, he likely would have got smashed against a fresh Davis.

• Paid Members

yeh that was quality :thumbsup: Davis won me over that night, not just in his performances but in his likability post-fights, he showed some of the personality that had people jumping on his bandwagon back in the day.

Related...Linton Vassell is making claims that he offered to take the final fight (which was the right protocol if the semi-winner couldn't make it into the final) but was told that he was medically suspended. The medical suspensions have since come out and Vassell isn't one of them.

I don't think much will come of it, it's probably best it didn't happen either because Vassell got rocked a few times during the Mo fight, he likely would have got smashed against a fresh Davis.

Could that be too different rounds of suspensions though? One immediate one on the night because he got knocked out and then a follow up one after the dust has settled? Strikes me that it would be very irresponsible to clear someone to fight after they just got knocked out.

• Paid Members

He didn't get knocked out, the fight went the distance. He did get rocked a few times during the fight though, it was probably the right thing to do in not allowing him to fight though. Vassell is the one asking the question.

Bellator sneak another show in on us tomorrow night...

lQr725L.jpg

L.C. Davis vs. Joe Warren

Joey Beltran vs. Kendall Grove

Henry Corrales vs. Emmanuel Sanchez

Vinicius Queiroz vs. Ewerton Teixeira

That's how the main card stacks up, liking it.

Davis/Warren will probably be a case of who can grind it out, i fancy Davis to win he's on abit of a roll and is coming off a classic fight with Hideo Tokoro. If it's the usual case of two wrestlers ending up standing though i'll have Davis vio KO.

Ewerton Teixeira is the latest big name kickboxer to transition over to MMA, they ain't given him a scrub in Spartan either. He's 3-0 in MMA but his last fight was over 2 years ago.

• Paid Members

He didn't get knocked out, the fight went the distance. He did get rocked a few times during the fight though, it was probably the right thing to do in not allowing him to fight though. Vassell is the one asking the question.

Bellator sneak another show in on us tomorrow night...

lQr725L.jpg

L.C. Davis vs. Joe Warren

Joey Beltran vs. Kendall Grove

Henry Corrales vs. Emmanuel Sanchez

Vinicius Queiroz vs. Ewerton Teixeira

That's how the main card stacks up, liking it.

Davis/Warren will probably be a case of who can grind it out, i fancy Davis to win he's on abit of a roll and is coming off a classic fight with Hideo Tokoro. If it's the usual case of two wrestlers ending up standing though i'll have Davis vio KO.

Ewerton Teixeira is the latest big name kickboxer to transition over to MMA, they ain't given him a scrub in Spartan either. He's 3-0 in MMA but his last fight was over 2 years ago.

My bad. Remembered it as him getting knocked out for some reason. I agree though, definitely the right thing to do.

Would love to see Warren get beat by Davis. Is there a more annoying man in MMA than Joe "I hope nobody realizes I robbed my nickname from Mike Tyson" Warren?

• Paid Members

That's terrible. No excuse to be missing weight by that much. The only weight miss I recall being worse than that was Lew Polley in WSOF a couple of years ago. Polley was the wrestling coach for Team JDS on TUF 13, and a proper twat to the point even loveable JDS had to tell him to piss off in the end. Anyway, Polley's WSOF fight was supposed to be at 205. He came in at 237. 32lbs over!!. Madness. Why even show up and embarrass yourself? WSOF never had him back after that, funnily enough.

• Paid Members

Well Joe Warren did it again. Never count the guy out! I thought LC Davis was gonna walk through him but Warren did his thing and grinded it out. Joe Warren always has a vunerability about him that always makes me root against him but given his particular skillset and willingness to push through shit he's always got a chance. He just won't go away.

Kendall Grove knocked out Joey Beltran!!! It was a strange fight, odd mesh of styles that led to frustration but Grove finally clipped Beltran and put him out, good stoppage i though. Joey Beltran must have left his chin at heavyweight.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/C5287DF6601259383064174743552_4a0c48af420.0.1.13106377120836282151.mp4?versionId=WKycQgz167ptGYgCzpmyuo_7AN_AdcUf

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Glory 24 tonight. Guess the only thing i can say is that if you were put off by what Glory presented at the Bellator show, don't be (though them fights wern't bad).

thumb_17215_ad_event_banner_default-630x

Spike Portion looks like this:

Joe Schilling vs. Jason Wilnis

TBA vs. TBA - Heavyweight Final

Justin Jacoby vs. Wayne Barrett

Mladen Brestovic vs. Benjamin Adegbuyi - Heavyweight Semi-Final

Ben Edwards vs. Jahfarr Wilnis - Heavyweight Semi-Final

here's the countdown show, get on it...

• Paid Members

Glory was a decent shout, nowhere near the high standard of some of their other shows though. The main event was cut short by injury which prevented us from seeing what would likely have been a great third round. The heavyweight tournament final was good but hardly a FOTY candidate like the commentary were trying to lay on us. It was basically two huge guys struggling with the altitude but leaving it all out there, A+ for effort but it wasn't that great an actual fight.

...props to Justin Jacoby too, journeyman MMA fighter who's making a name for himself in kickboxing, he keeps on winning.

Anyway's, i might be talking to myself but there's a WSOF show this sat. that features a fight that has 2009 UFC Fight Night headliner written all over...

wpst9tE.jpg

Fitch vs. Okami!

Okami is trying to re-invent himself at a 170lb'er late in his career, fuck knows how that's gonna go but it'll be interesting to see how it works out, he's gonna be massive at the weight.

Rest of the card is typical WSOF undercard stuff:

Jon Fitch vs. Yushin Okami

Blagoy Ivanov vs. Derrick Mehman - WSOF Heavyweight Title

Magomed Bibulatov vs. Donavan Frelow - Vacant WSOF Flyweight Title

Nick Newell vs. Tom Marcellino

Matt Hamill vs. Vinny Magalaes

The Ivanov thing always intrigues me, he seems to be one of the better heavyweights operating outside of the UFC, the WSOF division is so thin though. Mehman is getting a title shot coming off a loss?

Matt Hamill fights for the first time in 2 years, can't say im looking forward to that :cry:

Edited by Ebb

I'll watch the WSOF card this weekend. Don't think I've watched one since the one with Arlovski & Johnson. I don't really know too many of the WSOF lot but there's enough there for me to watch. That and there was nothing to watch last weekend. I'm lost without combat sports on a weekend. This and the Golovkin fight will do nicely.

Haven't got a clue about the main but I'm assuming Hamill will get twatted. He had nothing left last time I saw him fight.