Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

First two matchups have been announced

Oli Thompson Vs. Gzim Salmani - http://www.bamma.com/news/2014/03/04/oli-t...adline-bamma-15

Wayne Murrie

Edited by Snake Plissken

• Paid Members

another solid Bellator lineup tonight, Dantas/Leone 135lb title fight plus the opening of the Heavyweight tournament which is pretty much guaranteed to provide action. Included is the Mighty Mo/Peter Graham fight i was calling for last year, two ex-K1 fighters punching fuck out of each other, its gonna be great!!

• Paid Members

oh, sorry for the bump, but another heads up...Glory 14 is live tomorrow night, main event is Crocop vs. Bonjasky, bit of an old school K-1 feel going on there. Should be a must watch show (as all Glory events seem to be these days). Not sure if this thing is airing on BT?

• Paid Members

Yeah, it doesn't seem like it's the time for Bellator to do PPV, but at this point, fuck it. It's not costing us anything. Just look at it like a standard Bellator show, and when you look at it that way it's already top notch. They won't want to blow their load on this card and leave nothing for the shows after but if they stick a third biggish name (by their standards) on there like a Curran or Lima, it's easily the most stacked card they've ever done.

It's probably bad timing doing the PPV in May though IMO. UFC have loaded May out. The week before Bellator's PPV there's the Fight Night with Matt Brown vs Erick Silva. The week after the PPV there's UFC 173 with Weidman vs Machida. Then the week after that there's the Sonnen vs Wanderlei Brazil card and the Germany show the same night.

• Paid Members

anyone see Eduardo Dantas finish of Anthony Leone Saturday night?

Eduardo_Dantas_vs._Anthony_Leone.gif

might be the submission of the year right there, that dance though :confused:

oh and the Mighty Mo comeback wagon rolled on!

• Paid Members

they must have some kind of deal with who can break out the stupidest post-fight dance.

Eduardo Dantas is great though, looks like a choir boy, but that muthafucker will ruin your day.

• Paid Members

i know i sound like a broken record saying it, but everyone who has an interest in combat sports needs to be watching Glory on a regular basis. Glory 14 was another excellent show.

Thought Crocop was robbed against Bonsjasky, i thought he took every round but for whatever reason the judges sided with Bonjasky, just felt Crocop was the bully in the ring and did the more effective work. Crocop is one thick muthafucker these days though, he's wider than he used to be.

If you haven't seen it though, track down the Lightweight title fight between Andy Ristie and Davit Kiria, brilliant.

Glory is legit.

• Paid Members

Yeah I watched GLORY last night on BT. Really exciting bunch of fights.

SPOILERS, so if you're avoiding them don't read on...

Kiria vs Ristie was indeed awesome. I thought Kiria was fucked after the knockdown in the second round. That looked like a KO punch. Landed clean and Kiria's head bounced off the canvas. How he got up from that alone is amazing, much less coming back to KO Ristie himself. Brilliant fight. Sums up how wild and unpredictable pro kickboxing can be. Ristie knocking out Petrosyan was mental enough, now Ristie gets stopped in a fight he was bossing early on.

I had Cro Cop winning as well. Was an odd decision. It was like an anti-hometown decision. You don't usually see guys get robbed in their hometown. Maybe the judges were biased towards Bonjasky because it was his farewell fight or something. Felt bad for Mirko though.

GLORY is fucking great though. Anyone on the fence about GLORY should give this show a look. It's repeated tonight on BT Sport, I think. With K-1 on its arse, GLORY is where it's at for quality kickboxing these days. And they put on a fantastic show. Not only do they have the best fighters and a perfect mix of old legends/veterans and new blood, the production values are top notch as well. It all looks very professional and bright and colourful. The commentary team is really good as well. I think Duke Roufus in particular does an excellent job on commentary. Luke Thomas was good in the backstage interviewer role on this show also, although I don't think that's going to be a permanent thing.

So yeah, GLORY is the shit.

Some good events coming up this weekend in addition to the UFC card;

bellatorstrauss(1).jpg

Daniel Straus vs. Pat Curran for featherweight title

Nah-Shon Burrell vs. Andrey Koreshkov-welterweight tournament opening round

Cristiano Souza vs. Sam Oropeza-welterweight tournament opening round

Jesse Juarez vs. Adam McDonough -welterweight tournament opening round

OFC14-KL-fbcover1-620x229.png

Brock Larson vs. Nobutatsu Suzuki for inaugural ONE FC welterweight title

Kevin Belingon vs. Dae Hwan Kim

Adriano Moraes vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani

Ariel Sexton vs. Kamal Shalorus

Shinichi Kojima vs. Andrew Leone

Kotetsu Boku vs. Arnaud Lepont

Bashir Ahmad vs. Peter Davis

Unfortunately the female bout between Ann Osman (Malaysia's first female MMA fighter) and Sherilyn Lim (Singapore's most famous athlete, apparently) is off due to Lim missing weight by 5lbs.