CHIKARA: The Offical Thread

Boon Town Rat

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've really started getting into it in 2010, it's been pretty good from what I've seen so far. They're never going to sell out MSG, but don't let that put you off. You get more noise from 200+ Chikara fans sometimes than 500 ROH fans.

I think C-Rex did 750 and there New York City debut was sold out, with standing room only turn away crowd. Ive got these shows coming in the next week so ill be all caught up by time the new season starts...

CHIKARA Young Lions Cup VIII (Night One)

CHIKARA Young Lions Cup VIII (Night Two)

CHIKARA Young Lions Cup VIII (Night Three)

CHIKARA Eye To Eye

CHIKARA Through Savage Progress Cuts The Jungle Line

CHIKARA The Dark Ciberknetico

CHIKARA Terror In The Neighborhood

CHIKARA Scornucopia

CHIKARA The Germans

CHIKARA Reality is Relative

Cant wait to watch Cibernectico, especially after reading Sweeneys blog this week...

• 2 weeks later...

Credit: LordsOfPain.net

California-based Worldwide Media Development Corporation has announced that it has purchased the CHIKARA indy promotion. Here's the official announcement:

January 3, 2011 - Philadelphia, PA

Worldwide Media Development Corporation (WMDC) of Reseda, CA is proud to announce the acquisition of CHIKARA, Inc./Five Star Promotions of Philadelphia, PA, effective today. Robert Lippincott, Executive Director for WMDC finalized the agreement of sale through the assistance of Karen Wright, acting vice-president of acquisitions.

"Karen (Wright) and Anton (Frady) deserve all the credit for bringing this exciting property to Worldwide. After nine seasons of reinventing an entire genre from the bottom up, CHIKARA is the premiere brand in its field, and it's time for the rest of the world to find out why."

It is expected that some of the directors from CHIKARA/Five Star will remain on during the transitional period. "I understand that Dave Coulier has an office there," Lippincott remarked, "and I'd really look forward to doing lunch with him (laughs.)"

For more information on Chikara, visit ChikaraPro.com.ip.gif Logged

• Paid Members

California-based Worldwide Media Development Corporation has announced that it has purchased the CHIKARA indy promotion. Here's the official announcement:

Worldwide Media Development Corporation (WMDC) of Reseda, CA is proud to announce the acquisition of CHIKARA, Inc./Five Star Promotions of Philadelphia, PA, effective today. Robert Lippincott, Executive Director for WMDC finalized the agreement of sale through the assistance of Karen Wright, acting vice-president of acquisitions.

"Karen (Wright) and Anton (Frady) deserve all the credit for bringing this exciting property to Worldwide. After nine seasons of reinventing an entire genre from the bottom up, CHIKARA is the premiere brand in its field, and it's time for the rest of the world to find out why."

It is expected that some of the directors from CHIKARA/Five Star will remain on during the transitional period. "I understand that Dave Coulier has an office there," Lippincott remarked, "and I'd really look forward to doing lunch with him (laughs.)"

Hmmm, is this a good thing or a bad thing? Depends how much they try and tamper with the in-ring product I suppose.

Hmmm, is this a good thing or a bad thing? Depends how much they try and tamper with the in-ring product I suppose.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Better stick it in this, but its a work, the angle will involve PWG. Probably start this weekend with the El Generico and Kingston match.

I got the last 6 months of shows in today and couldn't resist sticking Cibernectico in and watching Sweeney's return. The pop the man got was awesome. The tiny little sports hall in Easton, PA exploded whenhe took the mask off.

• Paid Members

Just started watching King of Trios, awesome match between BDK and the F1rst Family, review up tomorrow hopefully.

• Paid Members

Chikara kicks off 2011 on Sunday with Choas In The Sea of Lost Souls. Here's what's on offer...

MainAtomico.jpg

Ed_El.jpg

backnecks.jpg

Ultrazarny.jpg

DaBDK.jpg

SpookyTag.jpg

LadiesMatch.jpg

ATriosBout.jpg

Archived