The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

On Kerbdog's Facebook page.

Kerbdog UK and Irish live news coming very soon. Just crossing the T's and dotting the I's at the moment. Watch this space over the next week for announcements. We cannot wait to play live, rockin!

Happy Days! :love::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Hells yes...All over this when Kerbdog tour.

Anyone going to the Hundred Reasons/Hell Is for Heroes album shows? I'm on the fence at the moment, I should find out about my job next week so if it's not sold out by then I'll deffo get tickets. Not so much for HIFH but I fucking love that Hundred Reasons record.

• Paid Members

Lamb of God vocalist has been arrested on the charge of manslaughter resulting of a fan dying from injuries sustained during a show, mental!

oh and yeah, great news about Kerbdog i thought the Bristol show was going to be the last one but i guess the general reaction has led them to do more, i recommened you go see them this time if you missed them, fantastic.

Hoping to get to a Hundred Reasons show too. Be cool to see em again before they properly send off. They are a pretty instrumental band in the way my musical tastes changed, i remember picking up their debut ep (called 1) when it was released and it was like a window into the post-hardcore and underground way of thinking. The band originally were very much part of that underground scene, by the time their debut album came out (which is a classic) they moved away from it fanbase-wise and became a more mainstream act, they always kept 1 foot in the underground though and it's clear that's where their influences came from. I'm pretty sure they were the band that led a lot of fans into a new direction music-wise.

Hell Is For Heroes trod a similar path, never really a massive fan though. I always preferred the second album to the debut but it'd be cool to see them again though.

Both bands are like a the pre-cursor to more straight forward rock acts getting big now like Young Guns, Deaf Havana and Lower Than Atlantis...i like to think that their young bases go back check out bands like Hundred Reasons. Rock Sounds did a pretty good piece on Ideas Above Our Station in last month's issue.

Thinking about it, i have to goto one of them shows!

Edited by Ebb

Lamb of God vocalist has been arrested on the charge of manslaughter resulting of a fan dying from injuries sustained during a show, mental!

A bit more detail on that;

Lamb Of God frontman Randy Blythe has been arrested and charged for manslaughter, according to reports today.

According to reports in the Czech Republic (via NME), police arrested the singer before a show in Prague and charged him with the offence.

The Prague police said: "We have arrested the singer and charged him with the crime of bodily harm of 4th degree and resulting in the death of the fan."

It is believed that the arrest stems back to a Prague gig in 2010 after a fan jumped on the stage and allegedly got into a fight with Blythe. Reports say the fan later died from injuries sustained in that fight, and the authorities appear to believe Blythe contributed to the fan's death.

The only word from the rest of the band so far was a Twitter message which simply said "#Freerandyblyth".

I personally don't see the charge sticking.

• Paid Members

anyone seen this?

amazing achievment for Ginger! i feel quite sad to say that that i aint actually bought it yet to help it all move along but im skint, i'll be getting it next week. Whilst it's great news it's also quite shit to say that it takes something like this for the majority to recognise one of the best rock song writers this country.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

went to see Ministry last night in Bristol, never been a big fan but they've always intrigued me. They were quality. Al Jourgensen is one of the most enigmatic men in metal, he's got a unique stage presence. Looking forward to the Fix movie that's meant to be coming out, it tracks a time in Ministry's history when Al's legendary drug use was at it's height. Gotta see it.

New Green Day song

Not feeling this at all. This is the first single from their upcoming trilogy of albums.

Yeah, but the punk kids are going to love it. Green Day are one of those bands that can put out pretty much anything and it will sell by the truck-load, they have a very loyal/gullible fanbase.

On the flipside, you'll have the usual "Green Day havent put out anything good since 'Dookie'" brigade aswell

• Paid Members

Is that punk? I get that Green Day have got a massive dedicated fan-base & this will shift units but that's no indication of quality.. Personally, I don't think they've released anything of worth since 'Nimrod'.