The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

I had a look at recent KISS set lists (something I usually refrain from doing) and they are playing my favourite song, and it is very much a 'just the hits' set. I can't fucking wait for next week, even though I'm setting off at 6am to drive to Nottingham and get the Skylink bus to Donington Park so I can be there nice and early. I want a front spot and if I have to endure Billy bastard Idol to do so, I will

• Paid Members

Yeah, looks like there might be a couple of showers but for the most part it should be cool. After taking 2014 off I'm super psyched for this year. It's only taken 22 years but I'm finally gonna get to see Ice-T live.

Yeh Body Count is a must-see. I saw them live at the Leeds Festival, it was good but it was Body Count coming off the back of the awful Murder 4 Hire album, they are a different beast altogether now. Edited by Ebb

So, the debut single ''Praise Abort' from Lindemann, featuring Till Lindemann and Peter tagtgren (Pain/Hypocricy) is certainly...interesting

I really like the tune, but then i'm a big fan of Rammstein and Pain. Really looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

Finally home from Download.. Absolutely knackered, but loved every minute of it!

Iron Maiden have confirmed their new album, 'Book Of Souls', for global release on September 4th which will be a double album clocking in at 92 minutes:

Disc 1

01. If Eternity Should Fail (Dickinson) 8:28

02. Speed Of Light (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:01

03. The Great Unknown (Smith/ Harris) 6:37

04. The Red And The Black (Harris) 13:33

05. When The River Runs Deep (Smith/ Harris) 5:52

06. The Book Of Souls (Gers/ Harris) 10:27

Disc 2

07. Death Or Glory (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:13

08. Shadows Of The Valley (Gers/ Harris) 7:32

09. Tears Of A Clown (Smith/ Harris) 4:59

10. The Man Of Sorrows (Murray/ Harris) 6:28

11. Empire Of The Clouds (Dickinson) 18:01

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-to-release-the-book-of-souls-double-album-in-september/#BFs5tyeA7ZQTmf5W.99

• Paid Members

So, the debut single ''Praise Abort' from Lindemann, featuring Till Lindemann and Peter tagtgren (Pain/Hypocricy) is certainly...interesting

da fuck!!?

looking past the intentionally terrible lyrics and Lindemann's naff vocals i quite like that, reminds me of something Holy Wood-era Marilyn Manson would have put out.

Yeah, starting work on a new album in September. Don't expect it until about two years later though, they don't rush things

Judas Priest have announced a six date UK tour for the end of the year, with Michael Schenker's Temple of Rock as special guests

Nov 23: Bradford St George's Hall

Nov 24: Glasgow Barrowlands

Nov 26: Wolverhampton Civic Hall

Nov 28: Manchester Apollo

Nov 30: Portsmouth Guildhall

Dec 01: London O2 Brixton Academy

Carcass have also confirmed a UK tour October. Support comes from Obituary, Voivod and Herod:

Oct. 23 - Wolverhampton - Wulfrun Hall

Oct. 24 - Glasgow - Barrowlands

Oct. 25 - Belfast - Limelight 1

Oct. 26 - Dublin - Olympia

Oct. 27 - Bristol - Motion

Oct. 28 - Newcastle - O2 Academy

Oct. 29 - London - The Forum

Oct. 30 - Manchester - Ritz

Edited by WyattSheepMask