The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Temples Festival has announced a good portion of the lineup for next May, check this:

Converge, Pig Destroyer, Goatsnake, Nails, Between The Buried And Me, Will Haven, Torche, Bongzilla, Magrudergrind, Today Is The Day, Portal, Trap Them, Bolzer, Impetuous Ritual, Celeste and Len T'Che.

that's an insane lineup, i might have to be going to my first Temples Festival.

I just feel like somebody has put that line up together with me in mind. Absolutely stacked to the hilt. There's no way in hell that I won't be attending that.

Had the pleasure of seeing Converge last week for the 6th time, absolutely devastating. One of the most consistent bands ever in extreme music. It'll be nice to see them at a festival for the first time, let alone headlining

Yeah we were camped in Midgard too towards the back right corner (Hull KR flag).

I'm sure whoever they do get for next year will be fine. With them announcing Emperor at the end of the festival last time people just anticipated the same this year.

We did get a chuckle as they asked "do you want us to come back next year?" We a "well I'm afraid I've got some BAAAAAAD NEEEEEWS!"

Lol.. We were right in top right corner a tent in from the fire lane around the edge. We were some what disappointed by the lack of quality bin jousting following last year's efforts. Yeah, we figured after they've made announcements the last 2 years that we would get one this year.

i saw the Deadpool dude walking about, loads of people were grabbing him for photo's.

Yeah, that Deadpool was a world apart from Shit Deadpool. Great effort!

So i had a good weekend when it came to meeting bands and getting stuff signed, who did you lot meet over the weekend that was? Any setlists, picks etc?

i didnt go get anything signed, a mate of mine went and met Carcass though.

did any of you watch the karaoke thing on the friday night with the live band?

Didn't make it to karaoke sadly, as i had planned to go watch. But this is down to me being in poor health. I went to the GPs on Wednesday with bad chest pains, something that has been getting investigated for a few years now. But this was a lot worse than a regular bad attack of it. Docs sent me to the hospital for chest x-rays and bloods. Late Wednesday i decided i was going to head to Bloodstock regardless and set off on the Thursday morning. But i ended up taking it easy most of the weekend as ifigured it would help lol.

Anybody at reading in two weeks? First time in ages I've properly gone out my way to check out a ton of new stuff from bands I've not listened to before, hoping to catch PUP, Cage The Elephant, DRENGE, Neck Deep, Emily's Army, Royal Blood just to name a few. What's everyone else going to see?