The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Megadeth final headliner announced for Bloodstock next year.

I'm not the biggest Megadeth fan but they're a solid choice for this gig I guess, people were saying it could be trivium which was a horrible thought.

So it's Down, Emperor and Megadeth which seems nice and varied

For a festival of Bloodstocks size I think that's an incredibly strong set of headliners. Its almost enough to tempt me along.

yeh get down there Jim, its a quality weekend.

The problem I have with Bloodstock is the fans, believe it or not. I find the modern metal fan either incredibly stupid or up their own arses and in both cases completely unwilling to acknowledge the quality of any other music form.

The problem I have with Bloodstock is the fans, believe it or not. I find the modern metal fan either incredibly stupid or up their own arses and in both cases completely unwilling to acknowledge the quality of any other music form.

I've said before that its the fans that have put me off going back to Bloodstock. I'm sure it isn't everyone that goes, but you do get 'the elitists' who only listen to "true" metal and want to shit on what might be deemed popular in metal circles just to go against the grain.

But you get it at all festivals. At Download this year, I had someone come up to me and tell me I'm "not a real fan" because I have a short haircut and had a pair of shorts on. I've been a metal fan since I was 12 years old, just because I don't look or smell like a tramp doesn't make me any less of a fan.

Its not so much the 'Us vs. Them' tribal mentality of years gone by, its narrow-mindedness and thinking that people are against them in some way. Case and point was this year with Randy Blythe's court case. A fan died from injuries he sustained at a Lamb Of God show and their was a possibility it happened from actions that Blythe had carried out. He had a case to answer. But the FANZ~! took to social media and whatever else claiming it was a conspiracy that he was being held in a Croatian jail rather than the US Goverment getting involved to bring him home (You even had a member of GWAR make himself look a right tit by claiming that US would do anything to bring Justin Bieber home, despite the fact that he is Canadian).

I've said before that its the fans that have put me off going back to Bloodstock. I'm sure it isn't everyone that goes, but you do get 'the elitists' who only listen to "true" metal and want to shit on what might be deemed popular in metal circles just to go against the grain.

But you get it at all festivals. At Download this year, I had someone come up to me and tell me I'm "not a real fan" because I have a short haircut and had a pair of shorts on. I've been a metal fan since I was 12 years old, just because I don't look or smell like a tramp doesn't make me any less of a fan.

Its not so much the 'Us vs. Them' tribal mentality of years gone by, its narrow-mindedness and thinking that people are against them in some way. Case and point was this year with Randy Blythe's court case. A fan died from injuries he sustained at a Lamb Of God show and their was a possibility it happened from actions that Blythe had carried out. He had a case to answer. But the FANZ~! took to social media and whatever else claiming it was a conspiracy that he was being held in a Croatian jail rather than the US Goverment getting involved to bring him home (You even had a member of GWAR make himself look a right tit by claiming that US would do anything to bring Justin Bieber home, despite the fact that he is Canadian).

I find at Download it tends to be more the Rocktards going, I can abide and ignore them even if they do still pump 'Freak On A Leash' out of their battery powered stereo's the whole weekend.

A Day To Remember have announced Every Time I Die as main support for their early '14 UK tour. This is a massive bitch for me as they are in Cardiff the same night as Limp Bizkit, who I already have tickets for. May be making my way up to Birmingham the following Friday for the show there.

* Every Time I Die have been added to the A Day To Remember tour. Dates are as follows:

Sat February 8th 2014 - CARDIFF Motorpoint Arena Cardiff

Mon February 10th 2014 - GLASGOW O2 Academy Glasgow

Wed February 12th 2014 - LONDON Alexandra Palace

Fri February 14th 2014 - BIRMINGHAM O2 Academy Birmingham

Sat February 15th 2014 - MANCHESTER O2 Apollo Manchester

you must have missed this when I mentioned it last week

This Rammstein winter jacket arrived for me today.

2013.08.13_10.07.22_parka_man_F750.jpg

Its fucking awesome. Cost a pretty penny (160 Euros) but worth it. Will defo be buying from the Rammstein shop again. Got a free lanyard included and the box even has sellotape with the R+ logo on it, which I thought was particularly ace

Edited by KingOfMetal

* Every Time I Die have been added to the A Day To Remember tour. Dates are as follows:

Sat February 8th 2014 - CARDIFF Motorpoint Arena Cardiff

Mon February 10th 2014 - GLASGOW O2 Academy Glasgow

Wed February 12th 2014 - LONDON Alexandra Palace

Fri February 14th 2014 - BIRMINGHAM O2 Academy Birmingham

Sat February 15th 2014 - MANCHESTER O2 Apollo Manchester

you must have missed this when I mentioned it last week

This Rammstein winter jacket arrived for me today.

2013.08.13_10.07.22_parka_man_F750.jpg

Its fucking awesome. Cost a pretty penny (160 Euros) but worth it. Will defo be buying from the Rammstein shop again. Got a free lanyard included and the box even has sellotape with the R+ logo on it, which I thought was particularly ace

I did miss that, yes. Also, I don't like Rammstein enough to buy their merch but that coat is cooler as a cucumber.

Fow what it's worth, kids, the us v them mentality has always existed in Metal. In my day, it was thrash v glam and all that bollocks. The shit I used to get in metal pubs for liking dance and REM was loads. But then I'd shag all the women because I looked like Nuno.

Ah, happy times.

• Paid Members

I'll touch on the 'us vs. them' again because id planned to anyway...or something similar.

But as for Bloodstock, this was my 5th year and the festival is uber friendly, ive never had one bad experience there and whilst i dare say there are many elitist metal fans there, none of them go out of their way to make it unpleasant for the rest of the crowd or the actual bands (except the infamous flying gobstopper incident).

Theres plenty of very weird people wandering around at Bloodstock but the vibe around around the place is very positive, its my favorite festival.