The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Any of you bought/downlaoded any albums from HD Tracks.com if not you are missing out BIG TIME!!!!

Per album alone is 839 MB

Samplerate: 96000 Hz

Channels: 2

Bits per sample: 24

Bitrate: 3136 kbps

So find a torrent/downlaod a hd tracks album (theres many out there) you tell me what you think.

Devin Townsend Project has announced a gig in Aberdeen in May. Is he worth going to see?

In a word, yes.

Was one of the highlights of Download 2012 and saw him in December too. Great fun, and his band is tight as hell

He was at Download last year? FFS.

Yep, headlined the Pepsi-Max stage on day one. Saw him with Fear Factory and Tessarect in December too at Manchester Ritz. He seems to come over here quite often so you'll have plenty of chances to see him I'm sure, but if the Aberdeen gig is local to you then definately go

• Paid Members
Devin Townsend Project has announced a gig in Aberdeen in May. Is he worth going to see?

In a word, yes.

Was one of the highlights of Download 2012 and saw him in December too. Great fun, and his band is tight as hell

He was at Download last year? FFS.

Yep, headlined the Pepsi-Max stage on day one. Saw him with Fear Factory and Tessarect in December too at Manchester Ritz. He seems to come over here quite often so you'll have plenty of chances to see him I'm sure, but if the Aberdeen gig is local to you then definately go

That'll be why I never saw him, was watching Slash & Myles. Gigs only

No, Devin has said that the Strapping Yound Lad chapter of his life is dead. It was fun while it was around, although he does admit that 'Alien' and 'The New Black' were very much phoned in.

He does still bust out Far Beyond Metal every now and again though ("this next song...is an homage...to metal, and the cheesy voices that come with announcing it. FAR! BEYOND! METALLLLLLLLLL!")

* Black Sabbath have released a short behind the scenes segment of the new album, tentatively titled '13',

. Sadly there is no actual new material featured in the three minue clip. On the flip-side, Tony Iommi looks suprising well considering his lymphoma

Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk has done for the drums for the album, while Tommy Clufetos is still the touring drummer

* Alice In Chains release their new album later this year. regarding its title, they have released this anagram:

H V L E N T P S U S D A H I E E O E D T I U R R

who wants to have a bash?

Edited by KingOfMetal

* the local support acts for next months Jagermeister Music tour have been announced.

Joining headliners Ghost, Gojira and The Defiled on the bill will be the following acts:

Sheffield O2 Academy March 18th - Heights

Glasgow O2 Academy March 19th - Dead Til Friday

Bristol O2 Academy March 20th - Revoker

Bournemouth O2 Academy March 22nd - Devil Sold His Soul

Birmingham O2 Academy - March 23rd - Hawk Eyes

Brixton O2 Academy March 24th - Feed The Rhino

* Devildriver are running a special Bloodstock Treasure Hunt at each of their upcoming shows in March. They’ll be hiding a prize package somewhere near the venue in each town. The parcel will include a voucher for a pair of BOA weekend tickets (with camping), a DevilDriver T-shirt, guitar picks, drumsticks, signed items. Each day, frontman Dez will Tweet/Instagram some clues for you to find the prize. Be sure to follow him on Twitter (@evilriver) and Instagram (@dezfafara) so you don’t miss out. There'll be one prize pack per tour town.

Edited by KingOfMetal