The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

I just looked at the Reading Festival poster and Drenge are the only band on the main stage that i dont recognise over the whole weekend. They've completely slipped my radar.

Not listened to much of their new stuff but 'bloodsports' 'dogmeat' and 'I want to break you in half' all of there first release are great. Think you'll like em a lot.

Went to see The Offspring in the Manchester Apollo last Tuesday. Hell of a fun gig. Got drenched in beer and lost my voice. That's what it's all about. Good times.

Very professional act (Seen them in Brixton) and literally just went through the motions to me. But TBH didn't bother me I just wanted to hear the hit's and they played them great.

Setlist was perfect for me minus the lack of Original Prankster (Surprising) and Spare Me The Details (Not so surprising) I thought they where great fun it just seemed a little to rehearsed to me, they did that classic Simpsons thing of coming out going 'Hello London' and not really saying another word the rest of the show. Would go watch again for sure though.

Mezingers sounded great I have to admit to, actually was yards away from that Beez bloke from Scuzz during their set weirdly enough.

Ebb you of all people on here I expected to know who Drenge are ahah. Drenge originally a two now 3 piece rock band. Check out their first album... They just played the main stage of reading.

Did you see them with PINS supporting? PINS are one of my favourite newish bands, brilliant live.

• Paid Members

The Offspring are solid but unspectacular live, its no frills kind of stuff. I'd have loved to have seen the band touring clubs around the time of Smash though. That album was a life changer for me. I loved Ixnay on the Hombre after that but it started to fall off after that, they can still pen a cracking tune but they are a long way removed from the Smash days.

Ebb you of all people on here I expected to know who Drenge are ahah. Drenge originally a two now 3 piece rock band. Check out their first album... They just played the main stage of reading.

Did you see them with PINS supporting? PINS are one of my favourite newish bands, brilliant live.

I haven't heard of PINS myself, will check em out. Only seen Drenge last year @ Reading in the tent and where great. Looked better then than on the main stage sadly. They haven't toured anywhere near me either. They're doing the guildhall with Wolf Alice but as a support band I'm not that fussed about paying the £25 for a shortened set when I'm not into WA

They were spot on I thought and the setlist was perfect. It's very rare that I see a gig and I'm happy with the songs played and the positioning. I'd go see them again easily. I started watching Menzingers who sounded great but ended up at the bar instead.

Shit! Wish id've known The Menzingers were supporting. Wanted to see them for the last 2 years.

The Offspring are completely off the radar for me now. Like Ebb, I grew up on Smash and Ixnay although Conspiracy of One was pretty much the new album when I started listening to them. I saw them on their arena tour for that but I was mainly going just to see AFI if I'm honest