The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

all the pop-punk these days seem to be from bands like A Day To Remember, All Time Low, Blitz Kids, You Me At 6 etc. I couldn't recommend any tunes because i dont really know what any of them sound like, but i read about them in magazines all the time. I'm the kind of person who stays upto date in print, but not in actual listening :confused:

Whenever i goto rock clubs (which is rare these days) they still play the same tired shit from the 90's...decent tunes granted, but System of a Down did have tunes other than Chop Suey.

Cheers will go seek

Whenever i goto rock clubs (which is rare these days) they still play the same tired shit from the 90's...decent tunes granted, but System of a Down did have tunes other than Chop Suey.

Thats a major gripe of mine. DJ's selections at most rock clubs/nights are incredibly lazy.

Chop Suey

Down With The Sickness

Freak On A Leash

Party Hard

Break Stuff

Killing In The Name

Welcome To The Jungle

Voodoo People

Are all always played in the last couple of hours at every club night in Aberdeen. :sleeping:

Wouldnt mind if any of these were actually played, they weren't.. Definitely a Senior Moment.. Its not about getting down with the kids, its more a case of WTF is that?

The misedumacation of Patdfb continues :p

Thats a major gripe of mine. DJ's selections at most rock clubs/nights are incredibly lazy.

Chop Suey

Down With The Sickness

Freak On A Leash

Party Hard

Break Stuff

Killing In The Name

Welcome To The Jungle

Voodoo People

Are all always played in the last couple of hours at every club night in Aberdeen. :sleeping:

This is why i've stopped going to club nights in Cov, same DJ playing the same music for the past 8 or so years. The only thing that has changed is the clientele which seems to be a load of trendy kids dancing to this music as it's apparently "ironic" to do so.

Onto the topic on Black Metal, i've totally fallen out with the genre these past couple of years to the point i can't even listen to the classic albums. The whole idea of the ideology of the bands along with god awful production is a total turn off whereas years ago it was a major factor of me liking it. Thank fuck for Post-BM and guys like Neige/Tursy and Garm etc either moving away from the genre or doing something better with it.

Just heard a rumour that KK Downing has retired from Judas Priest??!?!?!?!

Could be bullshit mind.

It's very true. KK will not be joining the band on the Epitaph World Tour, the full press release can be found on the official Judas Priest website.

Edited by Silver_Mask

What Post BM bands/acts would you recommend, Merzbow?

I'd very highly recomend Dopamine from China, they haven't released much but from what they have it's amazing, easily on par with the more famous bands like Alcest. A Forest of Stars are worth a look as well, they seem to be getting pushed like crazy by Prophecy Records for thier next album.

Lantl

Edited by Merzbow

Just heard a rumour that KK Downing has retired from Judas Priest??!?!?!?!

Could be bullshit mind.

It's very true. KK will not be joining the band on the Epitaph World Tour, the full press release can be found on the official Judas Priest website.

:cry:

Absolutely gutted, I wonder what made him want to quit when they are jacking it in after this tour anyway? It won't be same seeing them without KK.

"Dear friends,

"It is with much regret that I will not be with you this summer.

"Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your concerns about my health. Please rest assured that I am OK.

"There has been an ongoing breakdown in working relationship between myself, elements of the band, and the band's management for some time. Therefore I have decided to step down rather than to tour with negative sentiments as I feel that this would be a deception to you, our cherished fans. However, I would urge you to please support the Priest as I have no doubt that it will be a show not to be missed.

"All my love and respect."

statement from KK Downing, taken from totalrock.com

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought Converge - No Heroes and Stampin Ground - A new Darkness Upon Us for a pound each at a car boot sale. The guy had loads of metal cds but unfortunately most i already had. Both albums i really liked.

Also bought the new Skindred album (signed from Play), which i think is probably their best album and the closest they've got to there live sound.