Breakout Star of 2009

tiger_rick

Breakout Star of 2009?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ziggler. He's so natural in that character that he's unrecognisable from the various guises we've seen him in before. Plus he wrestles with real passion and intensity. Can he fail to be a WWE champ? Of course he can - this is the WWE.

I'm all up in the Pope's bidnezz. TNA desperately wanted Morgan and SuperMex to be Team Billy Big Bollocks, and in one promo, the Pope just nipped in the middle of them and stole the show. Nobody in TNA's midcard (if you can dare to view the roster as organised), has been as cool since. Finally Elijah Burke has made me give a shit about him. Well done that man.

• Paid Members
I'm all up in the Pope's bidnezz. TNA desperately wanted Morgan and SuperMex to be Team Billy Big Bollocks, and in one promo, the Pope just nipped in the middle of them and stole the show. Nobody in TNA's midcard (if you can dare to view the roster as organised), has been as cool since. Finally Elijah Burke has made me give a shit about him. Well done that man.

I've always liked Elijah Burke, even as the MVP-lite in WWE. But here's the thing for me: I've never liked McGuinness (as I said in another thread, I've always thought of him as a Fapper's Delight), but now, as Desmond Wolfe, I'm getting massively into his work and enjoying it. He's really good to watch now, which is why I consider him the best Breakout Star - but only ever-so-slightly ahead of Pope, because that guy isn't gold, he's fucking platinum, and given time, he's got a chance of being the face of TNA, I reckon.

• 2 weeks later...

My vote went with Desmonde Wolfe on this one. Since debuting on TNA he's had some blinding matches, with his match against Kurt Angle at Final Resolution being one of the best wrestling matches I've ever seen.

But I think it's also been a great year for Kofi, Dolph, Miz (apart from his matches with the dire John Cena), and Pope D'Angelo

I went for Mr. Ziggles.

Haven't seen enough of The Pope but I liked him a lot as Elijah Burke and it was a shame when his push just disappeared. It's interesting the amount of praise he was getting online and the fact WWE seemed behind him, giving him Vince McMahon's endorsement as 'The New Face of ECW', and making him the leader of The New Breed. I don't know if it was Dusty Rhodes, who was supposedly a Burke supporter, leaving but he just sort of fell off the map after that. The comparison with MVP is interesting because I remember when MVP started a lot of people on here thought he sucked. Even up to around the time Burke was getting his big push (January 07) there was a lot of negativity towards him whereas Burke was starting to get praised as a future main eventer. I remember when MVP had that WrestleMania match with Benoit, a lot of people on here were stunned at how good it (and he) was, although there were still some who felt it was a carry-job. It wasn't really until after then when the Benoit feud carried on for the next few months that more and more people started to get on the MVP bandwagon. That period coincided with Burke turning into 'just another wrestler'.

• Paid Members

I'd have voted for Desmond Wolfe, but it doesnt look like he's ever going to come out on top in a feud with anyone. As strong as he looked against Angle, he was beaten two PPV's in a row. Now it looks like he's going to be lying down for the Pope for the second time in as many weeks at Genesis.

I'll go for the Pimptastic, Pope then.