DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Finally got round to watching 'Paranormal Activity' tonight, after hearing it was "wank and not scary" from a douchebag friend of mine, who thinks everything from Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez is the best thing ever and all other films not made by them are shit (I wish I was kidding), I bought the DVD and I really enjoyed it, for me it's easily one of the best horror/thriller i've seen in a long time. I've always like the concept of being scared of something you cannot see. But I felt no sympathy for the male character in it though as he was an idiot throughout the film I thought thinking it was all a game .

• Paid Members
Finally got round to watching 'Paranormal Activity' tonight, after hearing it was "wank and not scary" from a douchebag friend of mine, who thinks everything from Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez is the best thing ever and all other films not made by them are shit (I wish I was kidding), I bought the DVD and I really enjoyed it, for me it's easily one of the best horror/thriller i've seen in a long time. I've always like the concept of being scared of something you cannot see. But I felt no sympathy for the male character in it though as he was an idiot throughout the film I thought thinking it was all a game .

I thought it was "wank and not scary" myself and I'm a pretty big horror buff. It doesn't take too much to make an enjoyable horror for me. Paranormal Activity was all mouth, no bollocks as far as I'm concerned.

I thought it was "wank and not scary" myself and I'm a pretty big horror buff. It doesn't take too much to make an enjoyable horror for me. Paranormal Activity was all mouth, no bollocks as far as I'm concerned.

See i dont normally get scared by that sort of thing, but i thought paranomral activity was proper freaky! Even though its not realy or anything, but just came across alot more scary than many other films.

Dont get me wrong it'll never win an oscar any time soon, but a good shout.........although im not sure you can watch it again..........ever really, unless its rto see other people reactions or otherwise. But a good "Cinema" film.

Went to see I Love You Phillip Morris at the weekend. Very funny in parts and there are a few scenes in there which made a few people walk out quite abruptly with their kids in tow. It's a 15 certificate, but if you have a kid of that age and are thinking of taking them to see funny man Jim Carrey, think again. It is howl out loud funny in parts, but there are some scenes which will come out of the blue if you don't know the main detail about Carrey's character. I hadn't even seen a trailer for it but my mate told me she knew it'd my kind of humour.

Both Carrey and Ewan McGregor were great in their respective roles and some of the writing is very subtle and will have you laughing to yourself, but not as much as the blatant, lewd gags will have you shaking in your seat.

Although it's only a ten second scene, do NOT read this spoiler if you intend on seeing the film:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The moment I realised he was fucking a bloke up the arse and he just casually said 'Did I mention I was gay? Really gay?' had me crying with laughter for a good five minutes.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Anyway, I really enjoyed it and although towards the end I thought it had the potential to just simmer out, it had a fantastic climax. Highly recommended if you want 100 minutes of great chemistry between Carrey and McGregor and some serious belly laughs along the way. Already looking forward to catching it again.

saw it last night an couldn't agree more, it was excellent. In addition to the really funny parts, the drama was very good aswell, Ewan McGregor and particulaly Jim Carrey put in great performances. Highly recommended.

• Paid Members

Just been to see Shutter Island, good film, seems to divide people between amazing and crap, I liked it but sadly

Everyone had been doing the usual 'Oh I wont ruin it for you but I didn't see the twist coming at the end' so i was looking for it straight away so it was no big shock at the end

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); The only thing that annoyed me was the naff green screen and the intentionally jumpy continuity which pissed me off for the first 30min

• Paid Members

I Love You Phillip Morris tells an incredible true story, in a very dark and twisted way. I liked it, but like others have said, anyone going for the usual Jim Carrey schtick will be sorely disappointed/confused.

Kick Ass

Are you male?

Have you ever read a comic?

If you answered `Yes` to either of these questions then get your ass down to the local cinema and purchase a ticket to this movie. Then just sit back and enjoy what will probably be the best 2 hours of your life this month you will have while being seated in a cinema.

This movie seriously is excellent.

Watch the trailer, then imagine not only the 2 minute trailer being the best bits, but the other 118 of the movie just as much fun.

Laugh out loud fun, awsome action scenes and enough gore to keep an Eli Roth fan happy.

In all seriousness i`m sure theres a whole heap of plot holes, flaws and rips to give this movie, but I didnt look for nor care about anything other than the excellent fun I had watching this movie.

The Spy Next Door

I will appologise in advance for typing in caps lock mode but i feel that saying about this movie has to be shouted.

*ahem*

THIS FILM IS FUCKING SHITE!

WELL THE 35 MINUTES I SEEN BEFORE I LEFT THE THEATRE WAS TRUELY AWFUL. NOTHING HAS HAPPENED AND IT LOOKS LIKE NOTHING WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. IT STINKS. JACKIE CHAN LOOKS VERY OLD, THE STUNTS HE WAS PERFORMING WERE WIRE WORKED. IT HAS BILLY RAY CYRUS, YES THATS MILEY CIRUS`S DAD IN THE MOVIE AS HIS SIDEKICK AND THE EVIL OVERLORD BAD GUY IS,

SPORTICUS

YES, THAT GUY FROM LAZY TOWN IS THE MAIN BADDIE. THERES SOME PLOT ABOUT BACTERIA AND OIL BUT MAINLY I COULDN`T GIVE A RATS ASS. THE ACTING ISNT REALLY ACTING JUST DELIVERY LINES AS IF YOU HAVE JUST READ THEM FROM THE SCRIPT BEFORE SOME GUY SHOUTED ACTION.

HOW THIS IS PASSED AS ENTERTAINMENT I DO NOT KNOW BUT ITS TRUELY AWFUL. WHY SHOW A 1 MINUTE INTRO OF CHANS OLDER BETTER WORK AT THE START OF THE MOVIE THEN DROP THIS TURD I`LL NEVER KNOW.

sorry about that but this film has to somehow be destroyed. I`m so glad we didnt pay for this film (we sneaked in after watching Kick Ass) because if I had paid

Kick Ass

Are you male?

Have you ever read a comic?

If you answered `Yes` to either of these questions then get your ass down to the local cinema and purchase a ticket to this movie. Then just sit back and enjoy what will probably be the best 2 hours of your life this month you will have while being seated in a cinema.

This movie seriously is excellent.

Watch the trailer, then imagine not only the 2 minute trailer being the best bits, but the other 118 of the movie just as much fun.

Laugh out loud fun, awsome action scenes and enough gore to keep an Eli Roth fan happy.

In all seriousness i`m sure theres a whole heap of plot holes, flaws and rips to give this movie, but I didnt look for nor care about anything other than the excellent fun I had watching this movie.

I just went to see this and you're spot on, its great fun. I'm a huge fan of the comic itself and have all 8 issues and I always find it quite hard to watch a film version of what I already know so well, but I really enjoyed it. The casting was excellent, particularly Nicolas Cage and Chloe Moretz who are both absolutely brilliant. Cage's Adam West-esque talking when in the Big Daddy suit is hilarious.

Though like I said, I find it quite hard to see what I already know transferred, mainly when they change parts. And there were 2 major things changed....

(Comic and film spoilers)

Dave doesn't get the girl in the comic, she's disgusted with him and even sends him a photo of her sucking a guy off... which he then jerked off to. I just felt the way they put them together in the film kind of started to turn it a little into the kind of story they we're sending up in the first place. I don't think it really added anything to the story to have them together and I think the way it is in the comic would've got a big laugh.

Secondly not revealing Big Daddy as a huge fanboy selling off his old first comics to fund an adventure of his own made more sense in the scheme of the film, I was just expecting it to be revealed. The mention of "3 millions dollars in a suitcase" may suggest they'll involve that story in a possible sequel. It didn't make any difference to my enjoyment of the film, I just wasn't really expecting much to be different as the comic itself is pretty screen ready.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

But those things are just what I picked up on as a reader, things I wasn't necessarily expecting. The film itself is great though, go see it. The acting is good, the dialogue is hilarious and the action is top drawer.

Me and the missus rented Law abiding citezen last night. I absolutely loved it. Shes not one for blood so didnt really take to it but I bloody loved it. Kind of crazy how it developed into terrorising the justice system but awesome all the same

Bought all the Terminator films back last year and watched the first two! Just got around to the third:

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

I really enjoyed it, with enough action and a little bit of plot which generally looked fantastic compared to the other two movies plus a little twist at the end and all at under two hours! My kind of film!

What are other peoples thoughts on this movie and how it fits in quality wise with the others in the franchise?

Terminator Salvation is next and then me and the Terminator Franchise are done professionally!

Somebody told me what the crack is with that shitty looking romantic drama Remember Me:

Huge huge spoilers:

So, it's your standard heartfelt drama with blah blah and dawsons creek and love and loss and shit, but with a remarkable twist. Following mostly resolution for the characters, the male lead goes to his dad's office to wait for him so they can deal with something or another. Meanwhile, all the other characters are seen looking forward to a better future and all that shit, and it ends with a teacher writing on the blackboard of the little girl character's class "Tuesday 11th September", and then would you believe it, it's 9/11 and the office the male lead was in was the WTC, and he gets a plane in the face.

I would have never ever given a toss about this film, however I sort of want to watch it would somebody who doesn't know the ending now, just to see it happen, and to watch somebody else's reaction. It's a bit of a lazy hook too, but that's it now I suppose, no film can ever do something like it again.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();