The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

Outstanding game for us. It's fair to say Broad hasn't made his most significant contribution to the series, so hopefully we won't miss him too much. Bring on the WACA!

I'd have to disagree with you there, I think he's bowled really well and just hasn't got the wickets. He's definatly bowled quick and accurate, helping to build pressure for the other bowlers to get wickets. He will be missed but as I said it presents a chance for someone else.

Outstanding game for us. It's fair to say Broad hasn't made his most significant contribution to the series, so hopefully we won't miss him too much. Bring on the WACA!

I'd have to disagree with you there, I think he's bowled really well and just hasn't got the wickets. He's definatly bowled quick and accurate, helping to build pressure for the other bowlers to get wickets. He will be missed but as I said it presents a chance for someone else.

I agree with you, Harvey. He's been consistent enough, but hasn't been among the wickets.

I've never seen Ricky Ponting look as downtrodden as he did in that interview with Athers...."shambolic"!

• Paid Members

I think England will go like for like and bring in Tremlett for Broad. I know Perth isn't as quick and bouncy as it was, but Tremlett will cause them problems with his bounce.

As for the Aussies, fuck knows what they could do. Bollinger may get binned for Hilfenhaus, Doherty and North will definitely go, and Hughes will come in for Katich.

Fantastic result - that was a total thrashing, I fucking love cricket.

Damn, just realised play on the next test will start at 2.30am each day. My stopping up for the first session every night will have to become getting up early for the final session in the morning.

Yeah it's annoying that, Perth is the worst one. Even the evening session will run 7.30-9.30 GMT so I'll have to go to work in the middle of it. I'll probably wake up just before tea so at least I can see the highlights during that break, then the rest of the day before going to work and listening on the radio.

Insanely, I think Hauritz will be back. I think it was the Guardian today where they say that Hauritz is the best they have but because they're used to much better than him, Ponting doesn't back him and set fields to help him. Given he's allegedly mentally frail, this means he has been less than productive.

I'd have picked White aswell, he's a quality cricketer. The Aussies have announced thier squad for Perth, with wholesale changes as expected. Steve Smith and Michael Beer come in, along with Phil Hughes for Katich and recalls for Hilfenhaus and Johnson. Doherty, North, Bolinger and obviously Katich drop out.

Warney has been talking up Michael Beer but I can't see him doing anything other than carry the drinks really. With North dropping out theyll have to play Smith for his batting and surely they won't play 2 spinners in Perth. I'd expect Haddin to move up, so something like:

Watson

Hughes

Ponting

Clarke

Hussey

Haddin

Smith

Johnson

Harris

Siddle

Hilfenhaus

4 seamers will help them on the Perth pitch but I can't see it giving us too much bother. For us it's got to be Tremlett coming in. Everyones been saying it, he's pretty like for like with Broady and his pace and bounce will be good. Shahzad and Bresnan have also been good, but I think if Tremlett should play any test, it's this one. Bres would add extre batting at 8, but with our main batters in form we shouldn't be worrying about that. Looking forward to next week, anyone see the team selections any other way?

• Paid Members

Going back to the posts about Cameron White, he doesn't really bowl these days so you can't consider him an all round option. In fact, North is a much better bowler nowadays, he does a good holding job a la Carl Hooper.