The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

That shot went many a mile

In the air........and safeOUT! (anyone else's do this? lol)

That's a big hit, it's six!

There's trouble here!......a suicidal run out.

Smashing shot, really really smashing.

Ahh Brian Lara. I used to love playing as Zimbabwe just to here Agnew say Matambanadzo

• Moderators

"Cork, Steaming in"

"Smashing, Just Smashing. You could pay good money just to watch that!"

"Right off the meat of the bat"

And it you leave it between overs for a while Aggers and Boycott have a chat, normally Boycs giving Aggers shit.

Edited by FrankSidebottom

• Paid Members

Joe Denly gets injured in warm-up....playing football.

How many fucking injuries is that now from playing football in a warm-up? How many times have you seen Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand pull out a set of stumps and have a net at Old Trafford prior to kick-off?

I think we're going to get twatted in these one-dayers. In that way, it will be a good warm-up for the Champions Trophy where we will also get twatted.

• Paid Members
Didn't McGrath do himself a mischief playing Touch Rugby as well by standing on a stray cricket ball?

Mind you, I don't rate Denly too highly anyroad.

He did do, if I remember correctly. At least there was at least a cricket ball involved.

Denly's alright but if there's any justice in the world, this kid Alex Hales will be playing in his place before soon. He twatted it all round Trent Bridge last Saturday. Amazing talent.

But he's no Mark Lathwell, mind.

Edited by Setting Sun

• Paid Members

Yeah, they dropped Gooch into the middle order to give it more experience. It worked for Gooch - he got a century and England weren't far off winning. But they picked Lathwell when he was out of form and he looked out of his depth as a result. Shame really, because he was a quality and unorthodox talent.

• Moderators

I'd argue the same for Jason Gallian, but he didn't seem to have the right Mindset for Test Cricket. Mind you though, Jack Russell had a terrible mindset for Test Cricket, and didn't do badly. But I suppose Russell was just an eccentric loner, whereas Gallian was just a fucking hotheaded fiery mental, just ask KP.

• Paid Members
I think we're going to get twatted in these one-dayers. In that way, it will be a good warm-up for the Champions Trophy where we will also get twatted.

We just don't seem to understand the one day format at all. Everyone else seems to have taken one dayers to a new level in the last 10 years and we still seem to be playing like we were 20 years ago. I would guess we will get a big twating in both of the upcoming competitions, our only hope is rain.

Yeah, that lineup doesn't look fantastic in terms of batting, but we should be able to make something happen with the ball which could help later on. I think Bopara could do with a big performance today to show that his blip during the Ashes was just that. I'm expecting something good from Prior though. I think he could be a big contributor with the bat during these ODIs.

Anyone know if Five showing highlights of it tonight?

Yes, there are highlights on Five tonight starting at midnight

Aah, cheers. :thumbsup: