The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

Prior got his century, and it's been thoroughly deserved. Excellent to see him celebrate it. I wonder how long England will continue to bat and whether they'll go until all 10 wickets fall or if Strauss will declare. If I were a bit evil, I'd declare pretty soon since Australia have just taken the new ball and really piss them off. The lead is over 300, and if Australia bat/England bowl the way the first innings went, I can't see the Aussies making England bat again.

By the way, that picture of the guys doing the Sprinkler looks awesome combined with the snow effect.

I would've batted out like we did, plenty of time left and you wouldn't want to even give the Aussies a sniff. It's all but over now and I don't think we'll need more than an hour or so to knock off the last 3. It's been beautiful. Annoying that 6 of the 7 one dayers are D/N games meaning they won't start until about 4am and the one that isn't is in Perth so it'll start at 2, I've really loved staying up late watching, even if the ODI series after the Ashes always seems a little flat.

• Paid Members

I don't think they will be this time, I think the Aussies will be really up for them because it's a chance to start again and prepare for the World Cup. England's form in ODIs has been great for over a year now too, so I'm looking forward to it.

Also, Collingwood has made the right decision - I think that he could go on for 2 or 3 years in ODIs and 20/20 for England.

Well, the Aussies have proven themselves to be bad losers this series, haven't they? From empty arenas on the last day of tests, to booing Bell as he left the crease. The latter was particularly galling as their team had earlier tried to claim a catch which they must have known didn't carry.

Really?!

Fair play I guess. Not the biggest Cricket fan myself, but 3-1 IN Oz is a big triumph.

Yeah, this is the ultimate for me. My late grandfather Mike got me obsessed with this wonderful game from a very early age and this victory is the greatest for me. I can't put into words how happy I am right now, the first away Ashes win in my lifetime, I'll treasure this forever.

To go to Australia and win is just a phenomenal effort. As I said earlier, everyone's made a big contribution and I'm so proud to wear the three lions on my shirt. Obviously I'm drunk as fuck by now, but I'll celebrate this long into the night.

Edited by Harvey Dent

Wouldn't go so far as to say that it's the proudest moment, but it's definitely at the top of sporting moments in my life, just behind my own hat-trick when I was bowling last summer and in front of my epic go-kart crash.

I wasn't even born the last time England won a Test series in Australia and now England have won three of the last four series and pretty much completely demolished Australia in their own back yard for this series. Australians need to have a complete re-working of their squad and I imagine there'll be serious changes for their next Test series.

The celebration scenes are something to behold, absolutely amazing stuff...there's a slight shiver down my spine.

• Paid Members

Just awesome. Three massive victories, records broken all over the places, players proving just how good they really are, humiliated Aussies - just perfect.

I reckon the groundsmen deserve a lot of credit for this series though. Aside from the first test, they produced some cracking surfaces that gave some help to the bowlers and batsmen alike and really helped this series thrive.