The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

So, any chance of getting to 350 this morning? If Broad can get plenty of the strike and Harmison and Anderson can stick around, we might make it. And it might end up being a good total on what is looking like a potentially dodgy pitch. We should definitely have made a lot more though as Australia didn't really bowl that well at all aside from Siddle.

Meanwhile, in other news, Adil Rashid got 5 wickets again and Murray Goodwin got 344 not out yesterday.

A Duck! Tremendous!

Have to enforce the follow on when we clear the tail, and maybe get a couple of early wickets before the day is out. If we don't, I can see us finishing the day a couple of wickets down.

Is the follow on available? I thought it was 199 runs or less behind.

• Paid Members

I don't think we would have enforced the follow on for the simple fact that nobody would fancy chasing anything over 100 on this pitch and if Australia had gotten 300+ in their second innings, that would have been facing us.

In this position, even if we're skittled for 150-200, they will still be chasing over 300 on it. If England don't win this then I'm not fucking watching cricket any more. I'm sure they'll balls it up somehow.

Have to enforce the follow on when we clear the tail, and maybe get a couple of early wickets before the day is out. If we don't, I can see us finishing the day a couple of wickets down.

No way would we want to enforce the follow on, that'd be suicide to bat last on this pitch. Last thing we want after bowling them out twice is to then lose on a deteriorating pitch. If we can knock them off for 160/170, we can then go in and get another 250-300 and then have plenty of time to bowl them out again. Swann could be a good bet for a 5WI in the second innings if you can find any value with a bookie.

• Paid Members

FrankSidebottom should love this batting by England because a Boycott or Tavare-esque innings from someone would be just the tonic here to set them 350 to 400. Loads of time left as long as it doesn't piss down.

Awesome day in the field for England, and that was probably the finest session of cricket Stuart Broad will have during his entire career. Incredible bowling for what was it, 11 consecutive overs? After that session, the England team really put themselves in a good position to win the match and series. Yeah, maybe we lost one too many wickets this evening, but if Strauss and Trott can put on a decent partnership and get to lunch relatively unscathed with getting close to a lead of 300, we're in the box seats.

This match could, and probably should be over by the weekend now. Some solid, sensible batting tomorrow by England on a pitch that is really deteriorating should mean that if Swann bowls well, he could pick up some wickets with probably a lot of spin. Looks like we've found our all-rounder replacement for Freddie too in Broad. :)

I wonder how much Ponting is regretting his decision to not play a spinner.