UKFF Award Prizes

neil

• Paid Members
Trying too hard to not look bothered by being nominated. Personally, I find you quite funny at times and in fairness you are probably just getting into the spirit but it does come across (to me at least) like you are forcing the point that you aren't bothered to the extent that it gives the impression that you are.

Well obviously i'm a bit disappointed for being up for Dolt (not so much the other two) as from now on I won't be taken seriously or anything, but i'm really just doing this all in spirit. It's more "spud in the shitarse" reaction than a "Mab up for dolt of the year and tries to pretend he's not bothered, ending in a massive breakdown" reaction. I'm just trying to get in on the jokes, seeing as they're about me it's the least I can do.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying too hard to not look bothered by being nominated. Personally, I find you quite funny at times and in fairness you are probably just getting into the spirit but it does come across (to me at least) like you are forcing the point that you aren't bothered to the extent that it gives the impression that you are.

Well obviously i'm a bit disappointed for being up for Dolt (not so much the other two) as from now on I won't be taken seriously or anything, but i'm really just doing this all in spirit. It's more "spud in the shitarse" reaction than a "Mab up for dolt of the year and tries to pretend he's not bothered, ending in a massive breakdown" reaction. I'm just trying to get in on the jokes, seeing as they're about me it's the least I can do.

Why keep on mentioning me when talking about yourself being up for Dolt? I haven't mentioned me being up, because I excpected it anyway and because the more you mention it you are arsed (see me last year).

• Paid Members
Nah... what Spud did was funny. You've never been funny.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I know we've had our differences, but i'm so glad you can also see what a twat he is.

And Mab, I'm mentioning you because you'll probably win.

I think it's easy to confuse being arsed and being involved.

Hopefully certain negative awards aren't meant to be malicious in any sort of way and just because AAA may mention it now and again, or I may foolishly become competitive and try to win myself more votes so I can beat AAA doesn't necessarily mean we're bothered in a negative way we're just getting in on the fun of it.

Only some people seem to take the boards a bit more seriously than others.

• Paid Members
I think it's easy to confuse being arsed and being involved.

Hopefully certain negative awards aren't meant to be malicious in any sort of way and just because AAA may mention it now and again, or I may foolishly become competitive and try to win myself more votes so I can beat AAA doesn't necessarily mean we're bothered in a negative way we're just getting in on the fun of it.

Only some people seem to take the boards a bit more seriously than others.

I don't see why other people aren't getting that. You know how fucking miserable half the posters here can be though.

• Paid Members

It's not about the awards being malicious, it's the fact that simply being up for nomination in them shouldn't make you want to get more votes (whether it would make you win or not), it should make you look at your posting habits and make an effort to not be such a dolt/waste of time/whatever.

Anyone doing the opposite is failing to see WHY they were nominated in the first place.

I'm up for the White Noise one, I actually expected to be up for it when it was announced as I often wind up posting way too damned much in a post for what is needed, along with posting needlessly at times (case in point, the Big Brother thread last year), hence I've been trying to cut down my pointless ramblings (unsucessfully at times I admit), and not reply to every thing if someone earlier has made the same point I'd make (along with not rising to prats who do nothing but try and rile someone up).

That's how people should take the nominations (for White Noise at least, but the idea goes for all negative awards). I feel, if you're going to care in any way, try putting some effort into improving the way you post, not give people a reason to call you out on idiotic behaviour.

It's not about the awards being malicious, it's the fact that simply being up for nomination in them shouldn't make you want to get more votes (whether it would make you win or not), it should make you look at your posting habits and make an effort to not be such a dolt/waste of time/whatever.

Anyone doing the opposite is failing to see WHY they were nominated in the first place.

I'm up for the White Noise one, I actually expected to be up for it when it was announced as I often wind up posting way too damned much in a post for what is needed, along with posting needlessly at times (case in point, the Big Brother thread last year), hence I've been trying to cut down my pointless ramblings (unsucessfully at times I admit), and not reply to every thing if someone earlier has made the same point I'd make (along with not rising to prats who do nothing but try and rile someone up).

That's how people should take the nominations (for White Noise at least, but the idea goes for all negative awards). I feel, if you're going to care in any way, try putting some effort into improving the way you post, not give people a reason to call you out on idiotic behaviour.

Thing is, it's not meant to be a serious thing.

A lot of the things are either based around my own opinions, ideas or pointless ramblings.

Just because a few people don't like that isn't going to make me change the way I post, some people have actually given quite positive comments towards some of my past ramblings about the economy and other things. Where's the recognition for that, I don't expect to win awards or whatever because I think to see this as an indication that I must "improve" my posting would indicate that it's some form of work or job and I'm posting to entertain or inform.

I can't remember who it was, but someone stated when making a form of insult towards me, that the ignore function was created for a reason. If you don't like what I post, then either say it in a coherent way or simply ignore it, it's that simple. I realise that to some people of a more serious nature may get easily annoyed by some of my posts because I know I can be a bit of an irritating or idiotic twat, but to say "change the way you post because you were nominated" is like saying, don't be yourself, be someone that other people prefer you to be.

I'm sorry I'm not going to do that and I don't think Mab or AAA or anyone nominated for the negative awards should either, because unless they're doing it intentionally there's no reason why people should change the way they post just because a few cranky members dislike it. I admit the Thatcher and Obama threads were a bit of a piss take, and I'd delete them if I could, but at the end of the day the way I post generally isn't hurting anyone so I'm not going to change it.

• Paid Members

I guess saying change "how" you post is really the wrong thing, I guess it's more along the lines of think about what you post. If what you're going to say is going to just reiterate something someone else has already said, is it worth posting? I don't think anoyone's saying don't be yourself, or don't have a laugh, but if your starting utterly pointless topics (especially if you know in advance that it's all they are), then don't do it.

And yeah, the ignore function is there, but surely if you have a point to make, it's better that people actually read it, rather than have it ignored, or just skim over it because they're expecting another pointless topic.

But changing how often you post, and how relevant said posts are, isn't going to stop you being yourself, it will just mean people actually appreciate the good posts you make, as opposed to thinking most of them are a waste of time right off the bat.

I guess saying change "how" you post is really the wrong thing, I guess it's more along the lines of think about what you post. If what you're going to say is going to just reiterate something someone else has already said, is it worth posting? I don't think anoyone's saying don't be yourself, or don't have a laugh, but if your starting utterly pointless topics (especially if you know in advance that it's all they are), then don't do it.

And yeah, the ignore function is there, but surely if you have a point to make, it's better that people actually read it, rather than have it ignored, or just skim over it because they're expecting another pointless topic.

But changing how often you post, and how relevant said posts are, isn't going to stop you being yourself, it will just mean people actually appreciate the good posts you make, as opposed to thinking most of them are a waste of time right off the bat.

From my experience with posters on here in the past, if they dislike you, you could say the most intelligent and thought out thing ever posted and they would still sit stubbornly and say "you're a twat" or "you're thick"

I accept the argument about frequency of post and reiteration, but no members should all of a suddenly expect me to give any more thought to my posts just because someone decided they thought I was a tit or boring.