What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I just caught my favourite episode of Mr Bean on one of the satellite channels, probably G.O.L.D. You can't not love his nativity scene. :xmas:

Never noticed it until now but he's humming the theme from Blackadder Goes Fourth at one point during his "recreation" of the nativity.

Edited by insert_name_here

• 4 weeks later...

My mate who's a fan of Angel got me to watch Leverage. Mate's a fan of Christian Kane. Found out what it was about and I decided to give it a bash.

I absolutely love it. I've managed to catch up on two and a half seasons in about a week which tells me something about how much I've enjoyed it !

• Paid Members
[
Really need to finish the rest of Curb Your Enthusiasm 7 and get started on Spiral 2 and Dexter 4

Dexter Season 4 is one of my favourite seasons of any American tv show ever. Just fantastic!! Am sure you'll love it.

Given the first three seasons i'm not suprised

I know this is gonig back some but this is criminally under stated. Season 4 is quite possibly the greatest televisual experience I have had from an American show since the mid-seasons of Sopranos!

I just watched the first episode of Him & Her. What total, total shit. It's like a grittier Two Pints of Lager without the charm or jokes (yes, let that sink in). A couple of wasters sit around watching each other on the toilet and the bloke keeps asking the girl for sex. It's terrible. The only slightly bright spot was the weird flatmate. I hope it picks up as it goes along, because I'm a loser and I'm going to watch it every week.

Edited by Pityinthecityofsin

I just watched the first episode of Him & Her. What total, total shit. It's like a grittier Two Pints of Lager without the charm or jokes (yes, let that sink in). A couple of wasters sit around watching each other on the toilet and the bloke keeps asking the girl for sex. It's terrible. The only slightly bright spot was the weird flatmate. I hope it picks up as it goes along, because I'm a loser and I'm going to watch it every week.

The worst thing about it for me is that the set-up is basically exactly the same as the last twelve months of my life, only with a weird housemate instead of a borderline psycopathic one who claimed we kept breaking vodka bottles on his (our own) doorstep. If I'd just written my life down as a TV script (badly) and sent it in to BBC3, apparently it would have been made.

To be fair, its a fair few steps up from Two Pints though. *Shudder*.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I was quite intrigued by that but with it being BBC3 I wasn't expecting a great deal.

But you stick with it, PITCOS, and I'll start watching at the point you think it might be good.

Mostly watching Some Mother's Do Ave 'Em on GOLD. Love it :D Remember watching it as a kid, it's still as pant-wetingly good :p

Oh yeah recently found Kill Armin on Extreme Sports, features a second rate Chris Crudelli, but it's fun if you like martial arts.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

Deadliest Warrior: They've made some stupid decisions, but its fucking awesome!

I enjoy watching that too. I laugh out how the yanks take themselves so seriously lol Imagine if there was a British version done by Channel 4 with people from Time Team ;)

What else I've been watching:

Hard Times of RJ Berger - MTV, good for a giggle.

New Jersey Shore - admit it you love this programme :p

Recorded that Jamie Oliver in America programme, might be good.

Oh yeah and Alex Reid: Fights Back, last night. Liked watching that to stop places from my old manor. Spotted North st, Guildford on there. Also learnt Alex was in Gladiator, I was too, an archer, not that I've ever spotted myself in the film lol

Edited by Dynamite Duane

• Moderators
I've just started watching It's Sunny In Philadelphia. Three episodes in, really enjoying it so far.

Good stuff. This show definitely got better as it went on for me. Danny DeVito joins in Season 2 and is brilliant, and all the main characters evolve in to completely reprehensible scumbags as time goes on. There's a really funny episode about wrestling in Season 5, too.

Man V Food

I like to think I could actually do some of those challenges. Given the right circumstances I have a predigious appetite. Some of the chilli based ones are just stupid though.

One of my favourite shows. I did consider doing a Man Vs Food UK... no camera, just me and a 'bring it on' attitude.

I enjoy watching that too. I laugh out how the yanks take themselves so seriously lol Imagine if there was a British version done by Channel 4 with people from Time Team

You end up with this :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Commanders

Edited by rubbafish