What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

What does everyone think of Mrs Brown's boys? Was a christmas special last week and another tonight. I think it's brilliant, the first series I got on DVD for christmas and watching them back to back is a bit much, but for a weekly thing its good. I love how they cock up but just keep going, or restart the scene making it obvious they messed up, it's probably partly meant to happen like that for a laugh, but yeah.

Oh and I was really looking forward to watching that Royal Bodyguard thing with David Jason as well, but it's fucking terrible.

I happened to catch- by chance- Turner Classic Movies 2 showing adult swim shows tonight. Robot chicken was alright but the randomly picked eps of metalocalypse and aqua teen hunger force were missing their prologues and were censored. Why can't the UK have a proper adult swim slot, on cartoon network, like in the states? Or has CN UK spent all it's budget on 5-year old episodes of TV Burp?

Did anyone else catch the documentary last night on BBC Four Frank Skinner on George Formby? As you may have guessed it was presented by Frank Skinner who himself is a massive fan and it was really good. I've mentioned elsewhere that i'm a big fan so i'm a little biased but i'd highly recommend you give it a watch while it's still on iPlayer.

• Paid Members
What does everyone think of Mrs Brown's boys? Was a christmas special last week and another tonight. I think it's brilliant, the first series I got on DVD for christmas and watching them back to back is a bit much, but for a weekly thing its good. I love how they cock up but just keep going, or restart the scene making it obvious they messed up, it's probably partly meant to happen like that for a laugh, but yeah.

Oh and I was really looking forward to watching that Royal Bodyguard thing with David Jason as well, but it's fucking terrible.

Watched the first couple of episodes, and bits were funny, but then it started with the mawkish, sentimental crap that completely spoilt it for me.

I like it. Just goes right for my sense of humour. I agree they force some sentimental crap in there (I think there was an episode where one son revealed he was illiterate and it was resolved in about 30 seconds) but still I find the humour makes up for it.

I like it. Just goes right for my sense of humour. I agree they force some sentimental crap in there (I think there was an episode where one son revealed he was illiterate and it was resolved in about 30 seconds) but still I find the humour makes up for it.

What, easy, painfully obvious, see it coming a mile off jokes with any of the morally dubious characters coincidentally English?

bit of news but according to this WEBSITE sky atlantic will be repeating seinfeld from the beginning starting from monday 23rd.

at a bloody decent time as well. (8.pm)

sky are also gonna be showing friday night lights soon. (which ive heard good things about) and Homeland will debut on the 18th of feb on channel 4

I thought The Cafe was actually quite good, if you're into that kind of humour. Very understated but it was surprisingly easy to watch. Sky have came up with a few poor efforts as of late, but I usually end up watching them thanks to the Sky Player on Xbox lying in my kip at 4am unable to sleep.

Sherlock, episode 2.

Superb stuff yet again, the quality of this show is unreal!!!!! Great performances by Russel Tovey, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman in particular. Mark Gattis has written two particular scary episodes now, one in the last series of Doctor Who and the other being this.