UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Does anyone know if the Hamburg catch tournament, as described in Chris Jericho's book, is still going? Further details would be massively appreciated.

Pretty certain it's not. As I remember it, Wanz stopped way back. Whoever was doing the tournaments in Bremen ran a few years longer but stopped around about the start of this decade and got into MMA.

Thanks for that. I was pretty sure it would've stopped but I wanted to make sure. On the off-chance it was still going, it would have made a hell of a bonus for a trip to see St Pauli play, and potentially bumping into Drew McDonald in the Reeperbahn sounds as brilliant as it does terrifying.

Bah, be honest - you're going there to sample the delights of St. Pauli, AKA Germany's Soho, aren't you? You reprobate.

A few Legion of Doom questions:

Why were they not offered a contract in 2003 on their Raw return, when they were clearly over as fuck?

Have RVD, Kane or anybody ever talked about Hawks no sell of the frog splash?

They were writing a book before Hawk died, Animal was supposed to finish it? Any word?

And some Bulldog Questions:

After he left the WWF in 1992, he did some indy shows in the UK. There were some photos floating about once - does anybody have any?

Are there any photos / videos from his wrestlng trip in Canada just before he died?

A few Legion of Doom questions:

Why were they not offered a contract in 2003 on their Raw return, when they were clearly over as fuck?

Because of what you asked in the below question:

Have RVD, Kane or anybody ever talked about Hawks no sell of the frog splash?

• Paid Members

Off the top of my head (there's a pun in there somewhere):

Edge,

Rhyno,

Lita,

Benoit,

Austin,

Angle,

Hurricane,

Hardcore Holly,

Test?,

Scotty Too Hotty?,

Taz,

Of course, not all of those happened while in WWE.

The Greatest Promos thread...start a new one or add to the one in Gold?

Could anyone provide me with a list of all the WWF/E wrestler's who have broken their necks over the years? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that L.O.D broke Henry O Godwinns neck with a stiff doomsday device. Could have been kayfabe though, I was only 11 when it happened so can't remember for sure.

Sabu has too hasn't he?

Yea against benoit in ecw in 95 i believe. Its on the benoit dvd.

Just searched youtube,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCGqwV3UVsI

I knew of the incident, just wasn't sure if it was properly broken, or if they talked up the injury.

Total work. What the fuck was Benoit doing if not planning that move? And anyway, Sabu took a perfect head-drop bump. The only thing that made it such a big deal was that no-one in the US was doing head-drops at the time and they played it up to the max.

I don't doubt that it hurt, but it was nothing like as big a deal as they suggested.

• Paid Members
I was watching WWE Insurrextion from 2002 the other day.

Why is the NWO music edited out when on other PPV's DVD's it is on unedited? I'm guessing copywrite but why just block it for one PPV.

It's also edited out from Rock vs Hogan on the "Most Electrifying Man..." set, so it's not just the one. They may have had temporary rights to it which expired at some point.