UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

He's the 123 Kid at the request of Chikara, because the promoters favourite wrestler as a teen was the 123 Kid. There's even a video of the Chikara promoter giving his locker room a big fuck off speech to his wrestlers about how class he is. He uses X-Pac because thats who he is. I think the way it goes is, you cant promote the name, but when your in the leisure centre or empire you can be whoever you want. The New Age Outlaws are called the Former New Age Outlaws on the poster, but at the show they are in full gimmick, using the music and doing the "ROAD DOGG JESSE JAMES, THE BADD ASS BILLY GUNN ..." lines. As long as you dont shove it on a poster or flog a DVD of it, its not a problem. Gangrel's done it for years. We went to see him at an All Star show with "Vampire Warrior" on the poster. When we got their the WWF Music Vol 3 song was playing and he had his gear on.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
Vince doesn't own Gangrel through, it was trademarked by a Comic company and Vince licensed it from them when Gangrel worked in the WWF.

The company still wont want him using it without permission (otherwise, TNA and WWA would have used "Gangrel" as opposed to Vampire Warrior I'd imagine) and the comic company doesnt own Gangrel's music.

Vince doesn't own Gangrel through, it was trademarked by a Comic company and Vince licensed it from them when Gangrel worked in the WWF.

The company still wont want him using it without permission (otherwise, TNA and WWA would have used "Gangrel" as opposed to Vampire Warrior I'd imagine) and the comic company doesnt own Gangrel's music.

Oh yeah, fair enough. I just was pointing out that it's a different situation to the one that guys like The Dudleys were in.

Was Gangrel's music a WWE creation or a stock track they paid for?

According to wikipedia, it was done by Jim Johnstone.

I probably could have looked that up. Sorry, being lazy.

I imagine the reason other (larger) companies didn't bother paying out for the "Gangrel" name (to White Wolf, or whoever owns it) is because really, Gangrel/Vampire Warrior isn't much worth forking out for!

More to the point why did WWF ever pay up for it? To my knowledge he wasn't a recognised worker (Was he?) when he debuted and the name itself is hardly amazing. They could have quite easily have had the same vampire gimmick and called him Thangs or Nibble Neck and had the same outcome.

Way back when doink was feuding with crush, randy savage was on a epiosde of wrestling challenge (i think) and stated that he'd had enough of doinks tricks with the extra clowns hidden under the ring etc and had a suprise that he would reveal the following week that would put a stop to doinks shenanigans..any idea what it was that he revealed?