UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Just been watching Godwinns interview. Had no idea one of them broke their neck so severely after a botched DDD from Legion Of Doom. Memory is a bit hazy but i was thinking something as severe as that would have been stuck in my mind and regularly brought up in discussions but i don't remember a thing about it.

With RAW being taped back then did the full match get scratched from the TV broadcast >?

EDI: 21st April 1997 if that helps

Can't remember seeing it at the time, but the neck break was the focus of their feud once Godwinn got back in the ring, they often showed the clip of it happening, sao i guess the match did air. It was pretty ugly. They definitely showed it on the One Night Only tape as i watched it just a few months back. The pretty cool/mad/admirable thing about it was that i'm sure Henry Godwinn took the doomsday Device again on a few occasions. Phineus/Mideon to his credit also took it for real too, which surprised me as he was always one of the least agile big guys around and not well known for his bumping.

• Paid Members

I remember after the botch, guys took the Doomsday Device differently.

They just took a flat, back bump rather than spinning about 200 times and hitting the floor. The move didn't look as good then, but you can respect why they changed it.

Just been watching Godwinns interview. Had no idea one of them broke their neck so severely after a botched DDD from Legion Of Doom. Memory is a bit hazy but i was thinking something as severe as that would have been stuck in my mind and regularly brought up in discussions but i don't remember a thing about it.

With RAW being taped back then did the full match get scratched from the TV broadcast >?

EDI: 21st April 1997 if that helps

The Godwins get a cheap win the week before that date over LOD, but no match between them airs on the date you listed. By the week after, the LOD are wrestling Furnas and LaFon.

I remember after the botch, guys took the Doomsday Device differently.

They just took a flat, back bump rather than spinning about 200 times and hitting the floor. The move didn't look as good then, but you can respect why they changed it.

Yeah, but they sometimes still done it the old, dangerous way. I'm sure it was the original version that both Godwinns subsequently took at times after the injury

That safer version with the electric chair drop looked like shit when you were used to the real thing.

I remember as a kid at my first event being surprised that Jerry Saggs took the Doomsday Device at a Glasgow house show.

Even at such a young age the idea of these guys taking this sort of move on a regular basis astounded me, particularly considering how the ring had 'less give' back then.

Laterally I was also surprised that The Big Show took Brock's F5 on a small house show in Aberdeen - suppose the pay makes it worth it!

• Paid Members

Its incredible the amount of people from that era who have neck, hip and knee problems. Hogan, Savage, Piper, Bret and Shawn Michaels all have bits of metal and plastic replacing bodyparts. And Michaels' knee's are a wreck as we speak. The ring supposedly had very, very little give, because when WWF signed a deal with NBC, the president wanted the ring not to look like a bouncy castle. So WWF tightened it to the point where it didn't move much.

Has anyone ever sneezed during a match? Genuine question - I can't ever remember seeing it.

I remember asking that on here a few years ago, and we all drew a blank back then.

I thought El Matador did a little one as he and HBK circled eachother in the opening seconds of their match at WrestleMania 8, but it was a cough. :(

A quick question guys. Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty won the Power Slam magazine Match of the Year award for 1993. Which match was this though? Was it their Raw match in May where Jannetty returned and won the Intercontinental title, or was it their one in July where Michaels won and regained it via the help of Diesel?

Cheers

A quick question guys. Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty won the Power Slam magazine Match of the Year award for 1993. Which match was this though? Was it their Raw match in May where Jannetty returned and won the Intercontinental title, or was it their one in July where Michaels won and regained it via the help of Diesel?

Cheers

It's the one from the 19th of July with Diesel involved.

Cheers

Cheers mate. Next question, do you know if it is available on any WWE video releases?

Cheers

Cheers mate. Next question, do you know if it is available on any WWE video releases?

It is part of "The Best Of The Intercontinental Championship"single disc DVD.

Silvervision has it for