UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

A bit of a logistical question to follow on from the debate about how they re going to fit HIAC into the Wrestlemania set... I remember a few of the mutants on Wrestling Forum talking about how they would book No Way Out to have HIAC on one brand and EC on the other.

Obviously, both are normally hung from the roof above the ring, but is there anyone who can think of a way to have both? Could they perhaps build the HIAC before the match or would it be too big to not hit the EC?

its rather odd he only had one match, it wasn't terrible or anything. I don't see why he was a face though, surely an evil magician would have worked better. Ah well. The gimmick wouldn't have been out of place in WWE-ECW you know.

Anyway, does anyone know if Sky Sports are showing any of the Hall of Fame this year?

• Paid Members

I dont think he ever did, to the best of my knowledge. And if he did I must have missed it, but I'm almost certain it was a one night thing. Because the very night after, he changed to King of Hart tights, as opposed to his the pink Rocket tights. King of the Ring was the last night he was called "The Rocket". I always thought that pink singlet looked great.

I can only assume they told him they wanted him to wear black. Bret very rarely wore pink when he turned either.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

I thought that, just thought it worth a go on here. I have a vague recollection of a Vic Venom column in a 94 WWF Magazine where Owen's holding the World Title and Vic's calling him the uncrowned champion or some shite, but I knew that was either a house show or a photoshop.

Good gear though, he should have mixed it up a bit with his colours, Owen. I liked his orange additions as the Black Hart and his OH gear with Double J. His DANGER one was obviously fucking crap though.

EDIT: Nice work Edgar, good find. I'm almost of the belief they walked from KOTR to that arena there without getting changed, Anvil's in identical clobber there too.

Edited by NEWM

• Paid Members

Well I'll be buggered. Why was he still using the Rocket tights and sunglasses thing? Did they tape that before the PPV (like they had a habit of doing) or something? I remember he wore a crown and new tights for a few weeks before dumping that altogether. I had more faith in WWF's continuity than that. Also Anvil's wearing the shame shit he had on at King of the Ring as well.

I was watching a lot of Owen Hart a few months back. I think Owen's went from being overrated (due to the whole 'he was going to win all the belts and become CEO of Nitro as well' hyperbole rumours) and has slipped into being really underrated. He was absolutely brilliant from 94-97 and had some belters in 98 as well. Owen was great.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

I thought that, just thought it worth a go on here. I have a vague recollection of a Vic Venom column in a 94 WWF Magazine where Owen's holding the World Title and Vic's calling him the uncrowned champion or some shite, but I knew that was either a house show or a photoshop.

Good gear though, he should have mixed it up a bit with his colours, Owen. I liked his orange additions as the Black Hart and his OH gear with Double J. His DANGER one was obviously fucking crap though.

Totally agree 94/early 95 was Owens best years fullstop! Lets not mention the High Energy era

Well I'll be buggered. Why was he still using the Rocket tights and sunglasses thing? Did they tape that before the PPV (like they had a habit of doing) or something? I remember he wore a crown and new tights for a few weeks before dumping that altogether. I had more faith in WWF's continuity than that.

Also Anvil's wearing the shame shit he had on at King of the Ring as well.

Is it bad that my wrestling ego has just taken a little boost?LOL