UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
A question I can't believe I'm asking, but I've heard differing versions a few times.

During the original run of ECW, did Vince McMahon have anything to do with it. I know there was an ECW / WWF working relationship of sorts, but did Vince do anything else in relation to Extreme Championship Wrestling? Did he bank roll it at all?

As well as the payments to Heyman which ran for the last few years (nominally for talent scouting), WWE also loaned them just over half a million in 2000.

How do TNA find their talent? I've heard that they just show up at tv tapings and get a dark match.

Last time i checked, its much liks WWE. You send them a tape/some of your work, and if there interested they'll call you. Your right in saying that you have to turn up, but im guessing they'd know ebfore hand......unless your generally a really popular wrestler, and you "just happend" to have your gear with you!

Hope that helped!

How do TNA find their talent? I've heard that they just show up at tv tapings and get a dark match.

Last time i checked, its much liks WWE. You send them a tape/some of your work, and if there interested they'll call you. Your right in saying that you have to turn up, but im guessing they'd know ebfore hand......unless your generally a really popular wrestler, and you "just happend" to have your gear with you!

Hope that helped!

Much appriciated

What was the name of that weird comic that appeared in WWF Magazine in about 1996/97, and whatever became of it? Was it just in the magazine? It seemed like a teaser for a comic series but I don't think it ever came out. It's not the Warrior comic or any of the Chaos! comics released in the Attitude era. It had trippy artwork and I think it was about aliens. Undertaker was in it.

• Paid Members

They released a 4 part (I think) comic called Battlemania.

I think there were two stories in each focussing on particular wrestlers/feuds. One had Ultimate Warrior training some kid, another one was about The Bushwhackers vs The Nasty Boys. There was one about the Natural Disasters and I'm certain there was one for Warrior vs Undertaker.

I had them all until a few years ago when my housemate chucked them out.

Edit: Oh wait, there's no way that would have been 96/97. No idea in that case.

Edited by Au

Was the Ken Shamrock Push and Storylines in late 1997 Originally suppose to be for Kurt Angle if he had signed for the WWE? I know there was a lot of interest sigining around 18 months before he offically signed for them.

Unlikely that the WWF would have thought that far ahead with Kurt Angle. The original push that Angle would have received upon signing with the WWF in 1996 went to the Olympian who did end up taking the multi-million dollar deal - Mark Henry.