UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Yesterday, I watched some of the Multi Tag Survivor Series Tag Match from the 2nd Annual Survivor Series, up til I think where the Young Stallions got eliminated and then fell asleep and was strange seeing the PoP as daces, but also getting a huge Face pop into the bargain.

So, why and when did they turn them heel and subsequently not turn them face again before or, indeed after they split.

Was this because Legion of Doom, were in negotiations/ or had signed come around split time, too many power and paint wrestlers, Backstage politics. Demolitions change to faces or what?

How long were they faces too?

Yesterday, I watched some of the Multi Tag Survivor Series Tag Match from the 2nd Annual Survivor Series, up til I think where the Young Stallions got eliminated and then fell asleep and was strange seeing the PoP as daces, but also getting a huge Face pop into the bargain.

So, why and when did they turn them heel and subsequently not turn them face again before or, indeed after they split.

Was this because Legion of Doom, were in negotiations/ or had signed come around split time, too many power and paint wrestlers, Backstage politics. Demolitions change to faces or what?

How long were they faces too?

They turned at the end of that match, although it was a bit confusing. It came down to Powers of Pain vs Demolition & Conquistadors. Mr Fuji (managing Demolition) intentionally opened the ropes with his cane and Smash fell through them and got counted out. Ax and Smash game Fuji a bit of a pasting and left.

Powers of Pain then leave the ring themselves and help Fuji up. Meanwhile, the Conquistadors are jumping for joy in the ring thinking they've won. With Fuji now in the corner of the PoP, they re-etner the ring and win the match. Afterwards, they parade Fuji around on their shoulders.

Demolition then return and have a brawl with the PoP.

End result: Powers of Pain turn heel, Demolition turn face and Fuji stays heel. Although the way it appeared on the PPV, it did look a bit like Fuji had turned face to manage the PoP.

Edited by RoryFice

They turned at the end of that match, although it was a bit confusing. It came down to Powers of Pain vs Demolition & Conquistadors. Mr Fuji (managing Demolition) intentionally opened the ropes with his cane and Smash fell through them and got counted out. Ax and Smash game Fuji a bit of a pasting and left.

Powers of Pain then leave the ring themselves and help Fuji up. Meanwhile, the Conquistadors are jumping for joy in the ring thinking they've won. With Fuji now in the corner of the PoP, they re-etner the ring and win the match. Afterwards, they parade Fuji around on their shoulders.

Demolition then return and have a brawl with the PoP.

End result: Powers of Pain turn heel, Demolition turn face and Fuji stays heel. Although the way it appeared on the PPV, it did look a bit like Fuji had turned face to manage the PoP.

Yeah watched the rest of it last night.. it did look like a Fuji Face Turn, When Demolition came out again at the end they were getting booed whilst PoP were getting cheers.

Iam still bemused that PoP were faces, until that match, id always know them as Heels.

Also who were the conquistadors in that match?

There was a few moves in there thatd id not seen that early in the WWF, Dynamite Kid Tombstone, Romas Frankly amazing standing, jumping to top turnbuckle cross body, Jannettys Hip Toss reversal. and Conquistadors 360 dive from the top turnbuckle

Estrada Jr was the Hairy one that Edge nearly crippled, wasn't he?

I don't remember anything with Edge, but the hairy Boriqua was Miguel Perez Jr., he of the "shave your back" chant. :D

At which event did Jesse Ventura say the following about dusty rhodes:

"Dusty Rhodes wouldn't win a bodybuilding contest for best abs ... he'd win for most abs."

I'm making a song about Dusty titled: Dusty is a fat Bastard and that line would fit in well.