Any Smallville Fans?

Steveo2007

• Paid Members
Yesterdays episode was probably one of my favourites ever. The Legion were awesome

Anyone else see it?

I'm right upto date with the American Broadcasts except this weeks (Episode 11), so far I've really enjoyed season 8, in fact I've found it to be very addictive viewing, I watched the last 7 episodes of season 7 and the first 10 of season 8 in less than a week.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yesterdays episode was probably one of my favourites ever. The Legion were awesome

Anyone else see it?

I'm right upto date with the American Broadcasts except this weeks (Episode 11), so far I've really enjoyed season 8, in fact I've found it to be very addictive viewing, I watched the last 7 episodes of season 7 and the first 10 of season 8 in less than a week.

Season 8 is supposed to be the last, that's why Doomsday is in it. I've been scouring google to try find any info on this as i want there to be a season 9. No luck so far although it's not been confirmed either way

I'll put the rest in spoiler tags because this happens in the comics(not that I've read them i just came across this in my google searches) and people might not want to know

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Doomsday apparently kills Superman. So looks like they are aiming S8 as the final unless something happens at the network

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Season 8 has been good, but ep11 was amazing imo

• Paid Members

From Kryptonsite.com:

- The producers have planned two different potential arcs to end Season 8, depending on if there is another season. Regardless of when it happens, the final episode will be "either a heroic send-off or a heartbreaking decision for Clark to move on to the next phase." Souders is confident that the show could work for a ninth season. "People have been telling Superman stories for decades, so we have no doubt we can tell stories for another year," she says.

I'm assuming they do intend to have him become Superman before the show ends. I'm still very keep to see at least one season with him as Superman. As the show's gone on it's thrown up so many questions as to how certain aspects of that would work. Mostly how no one will recognise him as Superman, particularly Lois and Lex.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

This is a show I've been watching since the beginning and have always enjoyed. These days

I'll watch a bunch of episodes together and then none for a long time. I'm up to date on Season 8 though.

I was loving this season, the best in ages until 3 episodes ago.....

(Not sure about the UK pace of the show so just in case)

One word describes the downfall of the show, or rather one name...."Lana". They were finally building to

Lois (who I had finally started to like) and Clark as a couple. There were some really great scenes between

the two. For the first time Lois wasn't doing my head in being with all the girl power shite. Doomsday was

about to be unleashed. Everything was going so well. Then Shane McMahon decided to get involved. Okay

not quite but funny how both shows derailed at the same time. They bring Lana back, make her more

powerful than Clark and put them back together! Lois hasn't even been seen for 3 episodes!!

Then they use some bullshit reason for why Lana and Clark can't be together but she keeps

her new powers and we are to assume she's out there somewhere being...Superwoman??

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Such a disappointment.

This is a show I've been watching since the beginning and have always enjoyed. These days

I'll watch a bunch of episodes together and then none for a long time. I'm up to date on Season 8 though.

I was loving this season, the best in ages until 3 episodes ago.....

(Not sure about the UK pace of the show so just in case)

One word describes the downfall of the show, or rather one name...."Lana". They were finally building to

Lois (who I had finally started to like) and Clark as a couple. There were some really great scenes between

the two. For the first time Lois wasn't doing my head in being with all the girl power shite. Doomsday was

about to be unleashed. Everything was going so well. Then Shane McMahon decided to get involved. Okay

not quite but funny how both shows derailed at the same time. They bring Lana back, make her more

powerful than Clark and put them back together! Lois hasn't even been seen for 3 episodes!!

Then they use some bullshit reason for why Lana and Clark can't be together but she keeps

her new powers and we are to assume she's out there somewhere being...Superwoman??

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Such a disappointment.

I've hated Lana since the very first episode.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I'm happy there's a ninth season. The way it's working, it seems to be edging towards him becoming Superman before the end of season 8 which is great quite frankly.

Also if he were to become Superman, then I'm sure WB would be more willing to cast Tom Welling as Superman in the new movies.

• Paid Members

I really like him as SM, and Erica Durance is just spot on for me. Lana was shit, but given we knew that its Clark and Lois not Clark and Lana is was hard to get emotionally invested in the character.

But anything with Green Arrow in it gets a thumbs up from me, I am a huge fan of the character.

• 4 weeks later...

The scenes in the last episode with Apocalyptica playing were immense. Brilliantly acted.

Anyone got a link to that version of the song?

Really good last few episodes. Building the whole Doomsday thing and Clark becoming superman.. well, the red blue blur

• 1 month later...

Anyone watch the season finale?

Never thought Jimmy would die but they set up his brother being the real Jimmy we all know when Supermans older.

The whole doomsday fight was a let down. A whole season build up for that.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
Anyone watch the season finale?

Never thought Jimmy would die but they set up his brother being the real Jimmy we all know when Supermans older.

The whole doomsday fight was a let down. A whole season build up for that.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I actually fell asleep during the Doomsday fight. I'll have to watch it again.

The Jimmy thing was weird. I get that they made "James" his middle name but does that mean his brother's first name is Jimmy? Or is it something he's going to take in tribute to his dead brother? It just seemed a bit ham fisted to me. Same with Chloe going "Oh, you must be Jimmy's brother" like she wouldn't have introduced herself to her husband's family before the funeral. Or learned his brother's name, for that matter.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• 3 months later...

Archived