Any Smallville Fans?

Steveo2007

Now I have to be honest and say I've never really followed Smallville consistently and have only ever caught the odd episode here and there.I've enjoyed the episodes I've seen but after reading an article on it by IGN I have to put this across.Apparently, Smallville has featured almost every Superman villain over its 8 seasons and this is apparently before he's even Superman. The IGN article made one comment which I don't think was meant to be relevant, but I thought they made a good point. Do you think it's about time they made the Clark Kent character finally don the cape, become Superman and possibly change the show name Metropolis?I am going to try and watch all episodes in order over time, but just wanted to get your thoughts.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although the writers have pretty much confirmed that he will probably fly by this seasons end he will never don the tights as the whole intention of doing Smallville was to highlight how be became Superman & not to show him as Superman since that's been done in numerous formats before.

• Paid Members

They are spending mos of the time in Metropolis, so your probrably right about renaming it. Tom Welling looks too old to be Superboy, in fact, he's older than Brandon Routh who played Superman in the shite film a couple of years ago.The show should have died a couple of years ago. I'm watching more out of habit than enjoyment now.

• Paid Members

I certainly don't agree that the show should have died a couple of years ago. I haven't quite finished season 7 yet, but I've enjoyed everything so far and I'll certainly miss it when it does come to an end. I've always assumed that he will eventually don the suit and cape, at which point the series will be heading for it close (unless they do a continue it under another guise, at which point I'll no doubt watch and enjoy, but maybe lean more towards Thunderplex's view).If it is indeed true that there is no intention of him reaching that stage I'll be bitterly disappointed. Yes this is the younger years of Clark Kent, but it's all about how he became Superman and in my opinion, that is not complete until he actually reaches that point.

Although it was a show to portray clark before superman, the amount of superman villains he's fought would just make it ridiculous to then say "he's fought the entire superman arsenal without even being superman"If they did end the show this season, I think a great ending would be for the finale, after he's fought and beat Doomsday. He put on the cape and flew off into the sunset.

Although it was a show to portray clark before superman, the amount of superman villains he's fought would just make it ridiculous to then say "he's fought the entire superman arsenal without even being superman"If they did end the show this season, I think a great ending would be for the finale, after he's fought and beat Doomsday. He put on the cape and flew off into the sunset.

I'm not particularly bothered by this. In a show about an alien who can fly, the order he's faced enemies in is the thing that appears ridiculous? He's had so many origin stories.

I'm watching series 8 now although I won't say how and it's good the rumours are they maybe a series 9 but they don't know yet so they are making 2 series 8 endings a cliffhanger until series 9 or a forever ending as for the villains yeah he has fought many and in series 8 the main plot is

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Doomsday is coming

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I'm watching series 8 now although I won't say how and it's good the rumours are they maybe a series 9 but they don't know yet so they are making 2 series 8 endings a cliffhanger until series 9 or a forever ending as for the villains yeah he has fought many and in series 8 the main plot is

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Doomsday is coming [close spoiler]
");document.close();
I watch it from time to time but I dont like the way they have fucked around with the history the way I recall it.

It's the worst show I watch regularly and I do wish it had ended years ago, but I don't mind the fact that we've seen most of the villains. Smallville isn't a prequel, it's a reimagining of the Superman story, just like the Ultimate Spider-Man comics or the new Battlestar Galactica. Having said that, the only moment I've truly marked out for in recents seasons was when Clark got transported to an alternate reality and actually donned the old-school Clark Kent suit and glasses. I watched that and thought, "wow, now that's what we've been waiting for!!" (even though I know it shouldn't be).

• 1 month later...

Im a big comic book fan but I've hated Smallville the few times I've seen it. Just mainly because they've now branched out into other areas of the mythos to the point that it dosen't make sense. But maybe thats me being panickity. I don't mind them altering the origins so much, I can buy Smallville as a "altenate" universe of sorts; but the way they have FORCED DC characters in is just shocking e.g. Lois Lane. She is such a super slut!

However one way I would love it to end is if he finally decides that he "must" dedicate his life to the good fight and it ends with him standing on a tall building in a cape. However one thing I am aware of is that Smallville creators do not have the rights to "Superman" or his likeness. Oh they have the rights to all the two bit DC characters and Clark Kent, but as far as I am aware we will never "see" Superman (or Batman or Wonder Women for that matter).

• 1 month later...

Archived