Any Smallville Fans?

Steveo2007

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
has series 10 started over here yet?

No not yet. I would imagine its a long way off too. In the past Smallville here started way after the latest series finished in the US. Shite really.

i did notice that when series 9 was on over here, series 10 was about to start in the states! I cant wait though, as i loved the last series! I was a avid watcher back in seasons 1 and 2, although i just dropped out of it altogether. Jumped in at series 9 (with a bit of help from the internet to put together whats been going on), and loved it.

shame lex has not been in it for a while though, did he not want to do another series?

• Paid Members
has series 10 started over here yet?

No not yet. I would imagine its a long way off too. In the past Smallville here started way after the latest series finished in the US. Shite really.

i did notice that when series 9 was on over here, series 10 was about to start in the states! I cant wait though, as i loved the last series! I was a avid watcher back in seasons 1 and 2, although i just dropped out of it altogether. Jumped in at series 9 (with a bit of help from the internet to put together whats been going on), and loved it.

shame lex has not been in it for a while though, did he not want to do another series?

Michael Rosenbaum just got to the point where he felt like he needed a change. On top of that, he was fed up of shaving his head all the time.

IMO, Lex leaving was what was needed to add a bit of freshness to the show. Don't get me wrong, Lex is a great character and played brilliantly by MR, but there was only so many ways to tell a story involving Clark and Lex.

The season since he has left have been hit and miss, but mostly hit.

• Paid Members
I've been watching series 10 and it is great.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Alexander the Lex clone is going to turn out to be Conner Kent who is a hybrid clone of both Lex and Clark/Superman plus he becomes Superboy.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

But that makes no sense at all, Superboy is/was Clark Kent, the whole point of Smallville was effectively a spin on Superboy anyway. Why would they introduce Superboy now (when we're still waiting for Clark to become Superman) at such a late stage? Unless they're planning on a Smallville spin off, but frankly the only way I'd like to see that is to see Tom Welling as Superman for a series or 2.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

EDIT: A quick google shows I became mistake around 1993. Still not sure what I think of the idea though.

Currently watching S9 and its annoying when they bring DC characters in and then do nothing of note with them, I mean honestly just what was the point of bringing in Mia/Speedy in only for her to only be in two episodes?

Other then that usual annoyance though solid season so far.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

I'm amazed the series finale has now past without someone resurrecting this thread!

So I made a big thing of watching the final episode last night, had a mate round with beer and I have to say it was EPIC! They covered more or less everything I wanted them too and I do believe it was a good way to end the show. However, it did leave us feeling slightly cheated. There was no clear view of him in the suit and he was never referred to as Superman. It just fell slightly short of what I feel we should have been given.

Now the big one. Is this really the end? There's 7 missing years, could we be seeing a spin off series? Metropolis?

• Paid Members
He was referred to as Superman right near the end. Bloody brilliant episode though, it all came together perfectly for me.

Really? I must have missed that. Even so, I absolutely loved the epsiode I just wish they'd given us a bit more of him in the suit because there really isn't 1 clear shot of him. I don't get why they didn't.

• Paid Members
Maybe he looked like an utter twat in it, so they kept it for angles and half shots. Yeah, he was called Superman when Chloe was finishing the story to her (I assume) kid.

Sorry, I meant he didn't get referred to as Superman is real time (I think that's the right way of putting it) Chloe telling the story isn't quite the same as Daily Planet naming him Superman or or others within the story itself. It kind of left me wondering if they'd got restrictions on what they could do with the Superman character. I know there was rumours sometime ago that they weren't allowed to have him fly or wear the suit while ever a movie was in the works. Don't know how true that was.

the reason we only seen tiny parts of him in the suit was due to keeping the budget down (don't know if they could afford it), only one time could he be referred as superman, john williams superman theme always brings a shiver down my spine, the only other time we had john williams music was when clark meets the professor (christopher reeve).

lex becoming president, he always wanted power and now he has it. (loved it)

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
the reason we only seen tiny parts of him in the suit was due to keeping the budget down (don't know if they could afford it), only one time could he be referred as superman

I don't understand any of that though. How can they not afford the suit and why would he only be allowed to be referred to as Superman once? It just doesn't make sense to me.

the reason we only seen tiny parts of him in the suit was due to keeping the budget down (don't know if they could afford it), only one time could he be referred as superman

I don't understand any of that though. How can they not afford the suit and why would he only be allowed to be referred to as Superman once? It just doesn't make sense to me.

The suit didn't cost them anything it was the same one used in Superman Returns

• Paid Members

Holy mother of mercy.

I just got done with watching the series finale. As someone already rightly stated it was fucking EPIC.

The whole thing was done brilliantly with the obvious gripe being you didnt see a clear shot of Clark in the suit. It is correct that the reason that the suit wasn't fully shown was simply budget reasons. The suit literally costs thousands upon thousands of dollars to make. The one we saw was the suit from Superman Returns and was made for Brandon Routh and didnt fit Tom.

I am a little gutted not seeing Tom Welling clearly in the suit, but for a TV episode it was far better than Superman Returns (which I like).

So there it is, 10 years of following this show and its been a great ride! Some bumpy moments of course, but overall an excellent show!

I sincerely hope there is a spin off. I cant see any reason not to. Ratings were strong again this season so there is clearly a fan base out there who want it.

Archived