The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
Okay, we all know you're an absolute idiot, but that's a joke video with a badly-CGed PAPER PLANE. Jesus.

Oh God, on second viewing I can see that now :( Is there actually any REAL footage of a plane hitting the Pentagon? One the of the arguements I hear about that is that there's no footage to prove it even though there would have been loads of CCTV.

• Paid Members
Oh God, on second viewing I can see that now :( Is there actually any REAL footage of a plane hitting the Pentagon? One the of the arguements I hear about that is that there's no footage to prove it even though there would have been loads of CCTV.

There's supposedly about 80 CCTV cameras that would have caught the incident. Of these, only 2 (that I'm aware of) have been released to the public.

You might enjoy this one though.

God, watching truther videos is so hard. They are so woolly!

Here's a classic one:

Because one of the eye witnesses was also an actor, he's clearly part of the conspiracy. Clearly. CAN'T YOU SEE!???!?!!? Listen to my ominous music and repetition of his little clip - these things indicate THE TRUTH!

Also, gotta love the disclaimer at the start that "paid trolls are spamming 9/11 truth videos". Jesus.

It's all so sad.

• Paid Members
Or this one

That was a good little video. It astounds me that people claim there was no wreckage when there clearly was. I'm not sure how they think all those parts got there if a plane didn't crash.

Moving slightly back to JFK, last night I started watching Jessie Ventura's Conspiracy Theories on JFK. Did anyone watch the series? I'm interested to know how reliable it was or if it was just sensationalism.

That was a good little video. It astounds me that people claim there was no wreckage when there clearly was. I'm not sure how they think all those parts got there if a plane didn't crash.

They were probably planted AFTER the missle hit, or were photoshopped by THE MAN.

• Moderators

Why does that astound you? You just gave a perfect example of the "accept without thinking" Truther mindset when you rushed on here to link to a video of a paper airplane.

I think this video perfectly captures the mania of 9/11 theorists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiwBo7gz2C0...feature=related

What we have here is some fuzzy footage of the plane hitting the 2nd tower. Now, because it's poor footage of a fast-moving object, it's a bit blurry, and so the plane looks a bit like a metal ball in the 3 frames it's in picture, right?

Wrong. In fact the tower was hit by a flying metal ball. Obviously.

But here's the insane bit. He spends about 10 minutes showing how he creates a 3d computer program of the trajectory of this mysterious ball, and then analyses another famous piece of footage where the 2nd plane hits (as witnessed by hundreds of people, all of whom OBVIOUSLY are hired plants of the government). But he can't see his metal ball. Where can it have gone?

But look - if he maps the trajectory of the metal ball from his simulation over this footage... it exactly matches the trajectory of the plane.

THEY CGI'd IN THE PLANE OVER THE METAL BALL! IT'S SO OBVIOUS!

And that is the sort of thing regarded by truthers as proof of the conspiracy. The most extraordinary piece of circular argument. The plane is not a plane, it's a metal ball. Proof? The metal ball is hidden under this plane in another clip.

• Moderators

Haha, wow. There needs to be a website featuring the tales of ex-conspiracy types, because with the utterly pointless, circular nature of these arguments, where their viewpoint just gets stronger with each "they're in on it!" debunking, I'd love to know at what point people have actually gone "Oh hold on. I see. It's all bollocks, isn't it?"

Got 10 seconds in and saw it was that richplanet twerp who has a show on Controversial TV. I think he is the guy who hosts a chat show from his Spaceship, which is CGI so he knows all about CGI.

If I've got him confused with another twerp, I'm not sorry as they meld into one.

• Paid Members
Why does that astound you? You just gave a perfect example of the "accept without thinking" Truther mindset when you rushed on here to link to a video of a paper airplane.

While you are correct, there difference here is that when my stupidity was pointed out I had another look and realised my mistake, rather than try to agrue that the real plane/missile/man with stick was hidden under the paper airplane!

I clicked on the related videos on that "ball" video and saw this. Don't bother watching, but join me in mocking the hilariously shit chanting at the beginning of the video. They're trying to cram 9 syllables worth of statement into a chant with, at best, room for 6.

Or is that just what they want us to think...