WrestleMania XX Thoughts/Discussion Thread

EJHai

• Paid Members

UKFF back up~As for Mania. The card as a whole I would say was a bit of an anti-climax. But Jericho/Christian was good. And I think it goes without saying that the triple threat was fucking unbelieveable! Thrilling! And I haven't called a match thrilling for a couple of years.Overall I would give Mania a 8/10. It probably would have been 6 or 7/10 but that triple threat match...

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed it. The crowd during the Goldberg\Lesnar match were amazing. The match was pretty poor, but the heat they got made this one of the most memorable Wrestlemania moments for meThe Trish turn was pretty unexpectedI thought Foley was on top form throughout his match, he was moving a lot faster than I expected.The final match was amazing, with an even better finish and post-match celebration. Truelly awesome stuff when Eddie Guerrero appearedI was hoping Bret Hart was gonna appear, but you can't have everythingThe only really unfortunate things about this show were the tag team matches and the cruiserweight match.One thing I don't understand was all the hostility towards HBK. I know he got booed at MSG at Survivor Series 96, but why do the Garden fans still hate him?

I think if this Mania had left the two tag title matches and the evening gown match off the show, along with the filler like Ventura and Mcmahon coming out for no reason being scrapped, shortening it to just under 4 hours it would have been as good or maybe even better than Mania X7.

I totally agree with that, they could have used the extra time on the cruiser match too which was just given so little time its frightening.Overall though I think I'd give the show 8/10, mainly for Jericho Vs. Christian. eddie Vs. Angle and Benoit winning the amazing main event.

In my opinion a very good show. It did not live up to the hype, but who thought it would??? They were building it up to be the best ppv ever which it was never going to be. How would they show have been better? cut out the crap!! eg both tag title matches :devil: also we did not need the playboy match.A quick run down of the matches, giving my star rating based on how good the wrestling was AND how much i was entertained by itBig Show vs Cena not very good pure wrestling match, but an entertaining one. Good choice for opener. **Raw Tag titles, rubbish match did not get into it. 1/2*Jericho vs Christian, good little match, although i did not feel it had quite the right flow to it but i enjoyed it all the same. Love evil Trish :love::love::love: . ***1/4Rock and Foley vs evolution, most people's reviews ect i have seen rated this as "ok", i thought it was a notch up from that , i enjoyed it very much and with good wrestling and a great finish out of nowhere. ***1/2Evening Gown match, time filler, no ratingBrock vs Goldberg, I loved the crowd :D it was so bad that it was good kind of thing. I got the impression they were trying to put on a bad match ;) dud for the match, *** for entertainmentCruiser Open, way too rushed very pissed off :( although the match was good while it lasted. **Tag titles Smackdown, SHIT SHIT SHIT. DUDMolly vs Victoria, did not watch this as went to loo ;) no ratingEddie vs Angle, very good match, did not quite get into it but words cannot describe how much i loved the fuck out of the finish :love: ****1/4Taker vs Kane, rubbish. I hate Taker. DUDBenoit vs HBK vs HHH, best triple threat ever, why? because unlike these indy matches people go on and on about this had me on the edge of my bed i cared who won and i felt the emotion of it. LOVED THE FINISH. I dont know if anyone has picked up on this yet but i LOVED how benoit threw HBK over the top robe (RR style just before he locked the cross face on HHH meaning he truley beat them both :D:D ***** :D

The main event was the most emotional match I have ever seen. The in ring action was as close to perfect as I've ever seen and the aftermath was absolutely the greatest thing I've ever seen on a wrestling show.

US Title Match: Big Show vs. John Cena A slow match which the crowd was behind, but on the whole it was quite poor! * Raw Tag Team Title Match: Rob Van Dam & Booker T vs. La Resistance vs. Dudley Boyz vs. Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade An average match, with only Booker and RVD looking any good(hitting some nice moves on their own and as a tag team)! *1/2 Chris Jericho vs. Christian A good match, with both men hitting some nice moves at various times throughout. The aftermath with Trish was also good! *** Rock & Mick Foley vs. Randy Orton, Batista & Ric Flair An enjoyable, above average match on the whole, with the Rock and Ric Flair exchanges and the ending being the most entertaining and best parts of the match! **1/2 Playboy Evening Gown Match: Sable & Torrie vs. Stacy & Miss Jackie All four women put their all into the match, but it was never going to anything but a T&A showing! DUD Cruiserweight Open A rushed match, with some good action at times(especially from Jamie Noble) but not enough time given to it to really make it a good match! ** Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar A slow and average match, with the crowd reaction making up for the sub-standard in-ring action! *1/2 Smackdown Tag Team Title Match: Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Worlds Greatest Tag Team vs. APA vs. Bashams A very average, unimpressive match, with none of the four teams looking too good at any time! * Women's Title Match: Victoria vs. Molly A short but quite good match, with both women hitting some nice moves. ** Smackdown Heavyweight Title Match: Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle A great match, with some great wrestling by both men throughout. ****1/4 Undertaker vs. Kane A good entrance from Undertaker. The match itself wasn't anything too good, but all the big moves were there, and the crowd was enjoying every minute it! *1/2 Raw Heavyweight Title Match: HHH vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit A great match, with the crowd behind Benoit throughout wanting him to win the title. All three men did everything possible to put on a quality match, and the end product was one of the best triple-threat matches I have ever seen! ****1/4A good show, with two possible MOTY candidates and many enjoyable moments throughout.But to me, for some reason, it just did not feel like a WrestleMania!

Guest Penis Suplex

My mates ruined Mania for me (I don't have Sky) and I still cried like a girl at the main event. The main event is my favourite match ever because it is the only match ever where I have cried at the end, and disbelief was suspended for the entire 25 minutes. Easily a cast iron ***** match for me.A totally kick ass show that I loved.If you didn't think this was ***** and wasn't at least touched by Benoit's title win then just stop watching wrestling immedeately and take up suicide.

Hey I'm back from NYC baby, after the greatest time of my life. My flight arrived 2 hours to late in NYC, but thankfully we caught the WWE people as they were leaving and got our stuff. Good thing they gave us those fleece's, it was cold as fuck!On Saturday I went to the Midday Madness, and got a photo with BENOIT AND MYSTERIO :D~~~~~~~ Got autographs from The King, Molly Holly, Hurricane, Kidman, Lita, Torrie. Torrie was the coolest, whilst Kidman was being a complete ass. My pal asked him how he was doin, and the bastard went, "Jolly Good". Let me assure you, my friend has a 100% Glaswegian accent, so how this prick thought we were English I'll never know. We then wondered about Time's Square, taking in the atmosphere of the big apple. We went to Toys R Us, and then nipped off to "Madame Tussauds" and then went back to the hotel. On Sunday, We first went off to the Bacon Bagels and Biceps Brunch. We got there about 9ish, and allready the queue was huge. When we finnaly got in, we were all seated (I was quite near the back, unfortunately) and Mick Foley proceded to come out along with Al Snow and Hugh Morris. They introduced some Make A Wish Foundation-ers, who got there photo's taken with Mick. It was really cool, seeing these people who had been dealt a bum deal in life getting something back. The Superstar's then came out, from both Raw and Smackdown. The superstars came out and talked about there favourite Wrestlemania's and Al Snow and Morris then went around the crowd asking questions. It was time to leave, but not before we all got a bunch of WWE soouveneirs, like Bobble Heads, Mouse Mats etc etc. We then walked around Time's Square somemore and then headed back to The Westin (A VERY Classy hotel BTW) to get ready for...WRESTLEMANIA baby!US Title Match: Big Show vs. John Cena A great opener, got the crowd really into the whole swing of things. ***Raw Tag Team Title Match: Rob Van Dam & Booker T vs. La Resistance vs. Dudley Boyz vs. Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade Didn't see much of this, as I was fidgiting around with my camera at the time.Chris Jericho vs. Christian A good match through and through, with Christian getting the pin. Nice mat work, and an unexpected finish.***Rock & Mick Foley vs. Randy Orton, Batista & Ric Flair A great bout, with Ric Flair and The Rock playing a game of "one-upsmanship" on each other. Loved the way Rock 'N' Sock were finnaly getting some momentum, and where about to win when WHAM! RKO! Great****Playboy Evening Gown Match: Sable & Torrie vs. Stacy & Miss Jackie Piss BreakDUDCruiserweight Open Rushed quite a bit, with a few cruiserweights hardly getting any in-ring time. Saw a few good spots though. BILLY KIDMAN messed up the SSP, when he critized Brock last year for it. HA!**1/2 Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar What a sad,sad turn of events. So much build had gone into this match, but in the end it was just a big pile of mush. Both guys really didn't care, with Austin owning all throughout.*Smackdown Tag Team Title Match: Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Worlds Greatest Tag Team vs. APA vs. Bashams Not much action, very standard, with Kish and Scotty retaining.**Women's Title Match: Victoria vs. Molly A good women's bout, with Molly loosing the hair. ***Smackdown Heavyweight Title Match: Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle A very good match, with great mat work, and some good action. Very innovative finish. My only annoyance was that Eddie didn't sell the ribs after the Frog Splash.****1/2Undertaker vs. Kane A very fucking cool enterance. Undertaker's attire, in my eyes, was A-O-K. He was buried in that stuff, so isn't it logical that he came back wearing the stuff he died in? Anyway, Taker looked better than he has in years, and he was as fast as fuck out there last night. An OK match, with all the vintage trademark Undertaker stuff.**Raw Heavyweight Title Match: HHH vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit The best bout of the night. Loved the finish, how HHH was mid pedigree and then Benoit quikly countered it and made the bitch tap. Uusally when HHH has someone in the air it's all over, but oh no, not Benoit! Easily the best Triple Threat ever and Possibly the Greatest match ever. Loved it.*****The whole event had me jumping up and down like a 2 year old, and when Benoit won that title the roof just blew off that place. My throat hurt the next morning and I could hardly talk. Where was everyone sitting BTW? I was in Section 18, closest I've ever been to a WWE ring, so I was quite happy with the seats.~~Wresltemania

I enjoyed WM XX. The promo at the beginning was fantastic, very powerful I thought.I liked the Cena/Big Show opener. Great to see Cena with some gold :)Both tag title matches were really just there to fill the card and get as many guys on it as possible. Playboy Evening Gown "match" was laughable.Y2J vs Christian was a great match that I really enjoyed. I didn't expect Christian to win but when Trish came down I had a feeling she'd screw Y2J. Damn her LOL! Nice twist in the storyline and freshens up Trish's character too.I thought the 3-on-2 match was pretty exciting. I thought Rock & Sock would win but Evolution surprised me. Good back and forth action in the match and the crowd totally behind Rock & Foley.Cruiserweight Open was pretty much blink and you'll miss it stuff. I felt so sorry for Ultimo Dragon slipping during his entrance. I knew Chavo would retain. I guess I'd have preferred a one on one match.I was LMAO @ Brock vs Goldberg. I love you NYC! :p I was singing along with them "Hey hey hey Goodbye!" You could tell both guys really couldn't be bothered here and Austin rightly Stunned them both!Womens Title match pissed me off. It was a great match but if Molly's losing her hair I'd rather it be due to the Widows Peak not a roll up. Ach I guess I'm just annoyed she had to lose her hair.Loved Kurt vs Eddie. There was a lot of great action as was to be expected with the two guys in the ring. I thought the finish was great stuff. Cheat 2 Win!Triple Threat match was awesome. One of HHH's best matches. HBK's moonsault was a sweet move! Loved when HBK & HHH worked together for that split second when they put Benoit throught he announcers desk! I was so happy for Benoit when he won. It was a great way to end the PPV having both champions in the ring embracing. They've worked so hard to get to the top :thumbsup: Good Stuff!

Awesome show, Ok there was some boring moments, No Bret Or Hogan but we got two great world title matches, some great new stars and some great mania moments.First off WWE really are great in doing there video packages, the one at the beginning sent chills up my spine and i must of watched the final one about 10 times.Cena/Show. Thought this was enjoyable and put in the right postition, if this would of been on later on it could of suffered. Cenas charisma pulled this one off and it was nice to see him pick up the strap. **Raw Tag. Man RVD & Booker were wasted, some decent solid action but nothing great. **Christian/Jericho. Very good match, I love Christian at the moment, most underated guy on the roster IMO, im really liking Y2J again, Really liked this match, that DDT that Christian planted was great. Good ending and really liked the Trish heel turn.Evolution/Rock & Sock. Loved this, Rock and Flair were gold, it was great to see Foley back and Orton looked like a star, the RKO was awesome, real entertaining stuff, Rocks promo was great aswell. Great stuff. ***1/2Hall of fame was good, The Heenan/Monsoon bit choked me up a bit.Thought the Ventura and Vince promos were gonna lead to something, really was hoping for Bret but ah well.Playboy match was what it was, didnt enjoy it. DudCruisers was entertaining but was a bit of a letdown. Should of been giving way longer, If people think the WWE are ever gonna take the crusier division seriously there having a laugh, Ultimos entrance was funny, they should of at least gone 5 more mins with Rey and Chavo. **3/4Goldberg/Lesnar- Well i wont forget this one, Crowd made this one, I thought the MSG crowd would be hot for Lesnar but not this bad. Some great chants, Lesnar looked pissed, bad match, they shouldnt of done all that stalling with the crowd so negative. Marked out for Austin stunning Goldberg could see it happening but was one of those things ive always wanted to see. 3/4*Smackdown Tag. Wasnt really interested in this as 3 of the teams suck. WGTT should of won. Average stuff. *Victoria/Molly- Not a keen womens wrestler follower, average stuff again but at least WWE kept to there stip. *Guerrero/Angle was excellent, great match and if Angle retires a great match to go out on, some great suplexes here and angles reverse ddt was great, awesome finish aswell. ***3/4Taker/Kane- Same old Taker, not only in his dress sense but his ways, Squash, Man i hate Undertaker so much, I wish he would retire. Bad match aswell. 3/4*Triple Threat- Fucking amazing, one of the best wwe main events of all time, Marked out for Benoit winning, he was awesome here, HHH was at his best and Michaels was the same old great Michaels, Thats definatley the best Triple threat of all time. Amazing stuff , the finish was great. Was really happy for Eddy and Benoit in the end.If you didnt enjoy Mania all i can say is stop watching WWE you will never be satisfied, I have a go at them alot but this was a great show. So many great moments, Cena, Orton, Rock, Flair, Foley, Trish Turn, Eddy, Angle, Triple Threat.Big thumbs up from me, already looking forward to next years Mania.

I HATED the majority of this show live, I thought Jericho/Christian and the main event were good, and Angle/Guerrero was decent, but apart from that the crowd REALLY ruined EVERYTHING else for me.Having watched bits of it again since the live airing it wasn't quite as bad as it first seemed, in fact, it warrants a thumbs up.A very odd show methinx, the first time at a WWE show that 'Smarks' outnumbered casual fans, that's not a good thing.

• Paid Members

A very odd show methinx, the first time at a WWE show that 'Smarks' outnumbered casual fans, that's not a good thing.

Not really. Summerslam 2002 saw the same thing in the main event. Fans boo'ed the Rock who was the babyface and cheered Lesnar.

i havent posted what i thought of this show, so here it is:What a disappointment!I am so glad i didn't stay up for this show. The most interesting part to me what the Hall of Fame segment, and the triple threat which was Fantastic. the Undertaker was cool - except the match and the crowd seemed to agree. Paul Bearer was the most interesting thing of that situation. Y2J vs Christian was good, shame about the blown spot but I already predicted teh Trish heel turn in a prediction contest with WWE Mania, so i should get some points for that!The two tag title matches were worthless. The Evening Gown match was surprisingly better than Molly/Victoria and WHY did they have to shave Molly bald?The Cruiserweight Bowl was very disappointing but that wasn't the talents fault. I loved Rock/Foley vs. Ric Flair and the two other guys - who were crap especially Batista but the ending with Orton was good. Eddie vs. Angle was OK but not as good as I hoped.If i ranked all the Manias this was definitely not in the top 10 - but it was much better than last years. It seems liek this show will be sitting on the shelf for a long time.