WrestleMania XX Thoughts/Discussion Thread

EJHai

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best. Mania. Finish. Ever.

Absolutely! Stop moaning about the bad stuff (of which there was a lot, I agree) and just concentrate on the good. Eddy AND Benoit are BOTH the frickin' champions and that was the greatest Wrestlemania ending of ALL TIME.So relax, reflect and mark the fuck out. I know I am....
I posted that I thought it was the greatest Wrestlemania moment ever and straight away I regretted it but now as I reflect I'm not so sure. What could beat it?It was touching to the nth degree.
Hogan slamming Andre?Warrior beating Hogan?Austin vs Rock WMX7?Anyway, I'm being a dick. :)I'm now forwarding through Wrestlemania watching the good bits (and ignroing the crowd i hate so much... have I mentioned that? :)) and it really was a good PPV.Where was the new WWE logo?I'm a little shocked at next years Mania venue. That can hold 20,000 tops? Come to the Millenium Stadium, I guarantee you'll fill it, Vince! PLEASE?Great Christian/Jericho, Angle/Eddie and Triple Threat matches.Where was Heyman? No Steph (shocker!)?Benoit and Guerrero as champs = Good Thing!No more Lesnar = bad thing!Trish is a great heel...I think I'm one of the few glad with Undertaker NOT being totally 'Dead Man'... I just can't see it working after the first month of nostalgia pops.Anyway, all in all, good show. Not quite the best show in 20 years of sports entertainment, but it'll do... :)

• Paid Members

I hoped and thought Trish would turn heel as she was getting stale as a face, and (quite sadly) I predicted Paul Bearer would appear. I know I'm blowing my own trumpet but I rarely get more than one thing right so I'm making the most of it :D .I thought the SD tag titles would change though, and the Taker was a tad disappointing. Also felt sorry for Ultimo, slipping a second into being on TV and again on a rope after only 3 seconds of being in the ring. Wrestlers should avoid capes and masks, they're a jinx!The whole Brock/Goldberg thing pissed me off and killed the atmos for the next few matches. How the hell did so many people hear about the Brock story so fast?The Benoit result however, fan-f***ing-tastic.Oh, and kudos to Wiggy getting his signs on the TV!

Edited by stug rivers

Best. Mania. Finish. Ever.

Absolutely! Stop moaning about the bad stuff (of which there was a lot, I agree) and just concentrate on the good. Eddy AND Benoit are BOTH the frickin' champions and that was the greatest Wrestlemania ending of ALL TIME.So relax, reflect and mark the fuck out. I know I am....
I posted that I thought it was the greatest Wrestlemania moment ever and straight away I regretted it but now as I reflect I'm not so sure. What could beat it?It was touching to the nth degree.
Hogan slamming Andre?Warrior beating Hogan?Austin vs Rock WMX7?Anyway, I'm being a dick. :)I'm now forwarding through Wrestlemania watching the good bits (and ignroing the crowd i hate so much... have I mentioned that? :)) and it really was a good PPV.Where was the new WWE logo?I'm a little shocked at next years Mania venue. That can hold 20,000 tops? Come to the Millenium Stadium, I guarantee you'll fill it, Vince! PLEASE?Great Christian/Jericho, Angle/Eddie and Triple Threat matches.Where was Heyman? No Steph (shocker!)?Benoit and Guerrero as champs = Good Thing!No more Lesnar = bad thing!Trish is a great heel...I think I'm one of the few glad with Undertaker NOT being totally 'Dead Man'... I just can't see it working after the first month of nostalgia pops.Anyway, all in all, good show. Not quite the best show in 20 years of sports entertainment, but it'll do... :)
That moment trumps all three for me, it really does. the Austin heel turn does come close, but not close enough.

There's a lot more to a match than how many new moves were used man.To me it's about how well disbelief is suspended, how well the on screen proceedings engrosses the fans and in this respect the build up and the match itself combined to do that perfectly.

Your opinion. Im basically on about MATCH WISE. Forget the hype for one moment and look at the facts. What made the match a ***** star match. There wasn

Guest greenman

Yep i'd certainly put that down as a contender for the best WM finish ever, first time someone I could really empathise with has won the title since Hart at WM10 though this time it actually had a good match before it aswell ;). To wake up the crowd to the level they were at in the last few mins was a pretty massive achievement aswell.

If they hardly defended the belts, they truly would become worthless (see John Cena's U.S. title - Big Show defended it about twice in four months and nobody gives a crap). I though the emotion, the blood and the psychology during the triple threat made it excellent.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Just read this on wwe.comBrock Lesnar has made a personal decision to put his WWE career on hold to prepare to tryout for the National Football League this season. Brock has wrestled his entire professional career in the WWE and we are proud of his accomplishments and wish him the best in his new endeavor.Guess its not a work after all then.

He'll be back for Summerslam ;)

There's a lot more to a match than how many new moves were used man.To me it's about how well disbelief is suspended, how well the on screen proceedings engrosses the fans and in this respect the build up and the match itself combined to do that perfectly.

Your opinion. Im basically on about MATCH WISE. Forget the hype for one moment and look at the facts. What made the match a ***** star match. There wasn

Best Triple Threat ever.

Your really going OTT.What made the match the best Triple Threat Ever? Nothing in the match made me go "wow now that really impressed me" bar the table bump. The match was an average match. Seen a lot better. No impressive moves. Same old Benoit reverses, back drops, pedigree

Just read this on wwe.comBrock Lesnar has made a personal decision to put his WWE career on hold to prepare to tryout for the National Football League this season. Brock has wrestled his entire professional career in the WWE and we are proud of his accomplishments and wish him the best in his new endeavor.Guess its not a work after all then.

He'll be back for Summerslam ;)
2005? ;) Seriously, he won't be back until next year at the least.Even if he doesn't make the football cut, he'll stay away out of pride until at least the next WM.

"WAIT. This isn't a new Undertaker! It's the exact same Taker you've been watching for months, only with a cheap hat!"

that is EXACTLY what I was saying to my mates!!!
Well it worked for Malibu Stacy...

If they hardly defended the belts, they truly will be worthless (see John Cena's U.S. title - Big Show defended it about twice in four months and nobody gives a crap). I though the emotion, the blood and the psychology during the triple threat made it excellent.

Because no major storyline was being evolved around it. I was also specifying hardly defending the WWE World Belt. Evolve a huge storyline around it. Fans will await to see the title shot come about. Hype it up. Give the match more meaning. That