WrestleMania XX Thoughts/Discussion Thread

EJHai

I thought the show was pretty good however lacked heat due to the fact that my digital didn't have any sound. Match of the night was the 3-way which was superb and had some really big blade jobs in it, also was very suprising in the fact that Triple H tapped. Maybe that will silence some of his critics.. Really felt sorry for Ultimo slipping on his entrance. The whole Undertaker thing for me was a disaster, it was like a cross between american bad-ass and the deadman gimmick. I thought one of the druids would get caught alight. I really loved the way the Trish angle turned out... damn she was hotAlso what was the crowd like , I would like to know for the cruiserweight match as my volume was screwed?Thanks

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just me loving the music then yeah? :sneaky: Fair enoughNight everyone.

• Paid Members

Main event saved the second half of the show. It was rolling along smoothly till the crowd burnt themselves out in order to annoy Lesnar. Between Lesnar's match and Eddie Vs Angle the crowd looked Toronto after Hogan-esque. Thank god Eddie woke them up, Taker kept them going and Benoit gave them a reason to celebrate.Kudos to Vince, he's took a bit of a risk with Chris, hopefully it'll pay off.If I was to mark it, during Victoria Vs Molly it looked to be heading towards a 5 out of ten, but with Benoit winning, , I'd now give it an 8 out of ten.

Best Triple Threat ever.

Your really going OTT.What made the match the best Triple Threat Ever? Nothing in the match made me go "wow now that really impressed me" bar the table bump. The match was an average match. Seen a lot better. No impressive moves. Same old Benoit reverses, back drops, pedigree

Rock & Foley vs Evolution ***Cruiserweight Open **1/2Smackdown Fatal Fourway **1/2

So, the cruiser open and the SD fourway are only half a star worse than the Evolution match?My snowflakes, FWIW (hint: a lot).Big Show vs Cena *1/2Raw Fatal Fourway *Jericho vs Christian ***Rock & Foley vs Evolution ***3/4Playboy Gown Match DUDCruiserweight Open **Goldberg vs Lesnar **Smackdown Fatal Fourway DUDWomens Title Match 1/2*Guerrero vs Angle ****Undertaker vs Kane *HHH vs Michaels vs Benoit *****There.
Yeah I'd agree with that.As I said 4 *** plus matches is pretty good. The other 8 were below par to atrocious though.I think Thumbs Up has to be the verdict though. There were so many memorable moments:Flair, Rock and Foley's charisma in their match.Heenan's Monsoon tribute.The crowd reaction to Goldberg v Lesnar.The Guerrero Angle match to an extent.The awesome triple threat.And of course the wonderfully touching visual at the end, coupled with JR's "bah gawd" commentary. Beautiful.

Best Triple Threat ever.

Your really going OTT.What made the match the best Triple Threat Ever? Nothing in the match made me go "wow now that really impressed me" bar the table bump. The match was an average match. Seen a lot better. No impressive moves. Same old Benoit reverses, back drops, pedigree
Edited by Alan

You might want to check out AJ Vs JJ Vs Raven (PPV before Anniversary show) :D

I saw that. It was a great match, but a few notches below the match I just saw, in my opinion.As for the belt meaning nothing, well.... that crowd seemed to think it meant something. Edited by ClassicsGuy

Guest greenman

I'd have to agree about the crowd almost ruining things, anyone else get the feeling Lesnar and Goldberg went for the finish 5 mins early because of them? I was actually quite enjoying things up until that point, hardly a classic but a decent well worked battle of the monsters.

Just read this on wwe.comBrock Lesnar has made a personal decision to put his WWE career on hold to prepare to tryout for the National Football League this season. Brock has wrestled his entire professional career in the WWE and we are proud of his accomplishments and wish him the best in his new endeavor.Guess its not a work after all then.

Overall a great show that didn't live up to the hype(it was never going to), but almost did. Got to be one of the top 5 manias thanks to the last half of the show.Niggly points4 and a half hours, and a 10 man elimination gets NINE MINUTES!NYC in flames - VERY VERY bad move....great visual, but dumb.Victoria winning with a backslide..I WANT THE WIDOWS PEAK!!!!!Cena's Rap....Mania, hoping to draw in new fans, and the first thing you do is have a guy say p***s in front of little kids(my mum was pretty angry over that)The World's Greatest Tag Team didn't go overPlus PointsTRISH!!!! I honestly didn't think they'd pull the trigger on the turn. Match was great too.Fantastic main event, and a fantastic final shot of Eddy and ChrisGreat,original finish to a slow burn WWE Title matchBrock/Goldberg...I loved itTaker's entrance..I like the look, and it will get better the longer the hair gets.Rock's promo(won't get tired of Hamburglar and Grimace reference)Hall of Fame stuff(marked out for Heenan's speech)...Heenan/Okerlund skit was funny too.Tag matches kept short, and Jindrak and Cade DIDN'T go overThe Flair Elbow....was in hysterics watching Rock and Flair.The 2 count routines in the gown match...oh come on, don't deny you enjoyed that!!!!Overall - 8/10. Worthy of my video collection, probably not a place of honor, but i'll be proud to say I've got Mania 20 on my tape rack. Now to start saving...never been to a Mania(or any other PPV for that matter) L.A., MIKEY'S COMING, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!!!!

I'd have to agree about the crowd almost ruining things, anyone else get the feeling Lesnar and Goldberg went for the finish 5 mins early because of them? I was actually quite enjoying things up until that point, hardly a classic but a decent well worked battle of the monsters.

I'd just like to mark for your Dogtanian avatar.Best. Cartoon. Ever.