CeeLo Green - date rapist?

Surf Digby

• Paid Members

So, CeeLo drugged a woman, had sex with her unconscious body, and then claimed that it's not rape as unconscious people aren't really there, or something.

“If someone is passed out they’re not even WITH you consciously,” he said, adding, “People who have really been raped REMEMBER!!!”

Unless, of course, they've been drugged (which he's plead guilty to), then no, they won't REMEMBER!!!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/cee-lo-green-says-its-only-rape-if-the-person-is-conscious

• Paid Members

Definitely got my Gatsometer ringing.

First thing that immediately came to mind, had a right deja-vu moment reading that.

If she’s an X-Box CeeLo (whereas you are Atari), then you should know that you can’t play with an X-Box whilst it’s sleeping.

• Paid Members

Can't open the link at work but has he honestly confessed to drugging & then raping a woman? There's nothing on the BBC news site about it?

He's admitted drugging her, and having sex with her while she was unconscious, but denies it was rape because her simply being there implies consent.

It is on BBC News, but only as a minor article. There seems to be more outrage over his Tweets than for what he actually did.

I think the tweets don't mean what people think they mean, purely because I can't fathom him being that stupid, although I can't come up with an alternative for what they do mean. If he does mean what it looks like he means, it seems like the sort of twisted logic Marty Jannetty and that era of wrestlers would use.

This is supremely fucked-up. Even when I tried to rationalise it after my initial reaction I'm still coming up with nothing. He pleads no contest to drugging her but says they had consensual sex, so I thought, "maybe he gave her the ecstasy, they had what ostensibly felt like consensual sex* in the moment and then she forgot everything". I don't know how ecstasy affects people exactly, but I thought, "maybe that's possible". But then he tweets about having sex with someone while they're not conscious!? It really sounds tantamount to a confession either way. Best case scenario he seems to be saying, "yeah, I drugged her and we had sex, so what?". Worst case he seems to be saying, "yeah, I drugged her and had sex with her unconscious body, but it's only rape when they're screaming and crying and bruised and torn, so I'm cool guys". Mental.

*As in she might have appeared to be into it at the time in her altered state. I still don't believe that counts as consent.

Cee-Lo Green and his Perfect Imperfections indeed...

It's all more than a little fucked up.  Not only the fact that he did it, but that he is so blasé about the whole situation.  Will make listening to his songs in the future a bit uncomfortable for sure...

So, CeeLo drugged a woman, had sex with her unconscious body, and then claimed that it's not rape as unconscious people aren't really there, or something.

“If someone is passed out they’re not even WITH you consciously,” he said, adding, “People who have really been raped REMEMBER!!!”

Unless, of course, they've been drugged (which he's plead guilty to), then no, they won't REMEMBER!!!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/cee-lo-green-says-its-only-rape-if-the-person-is-conscious

Does that make him crazy?

• Paid Members

Does that make him crazy?

Probableee-eeee-eeee

Archived