General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members
First look at the new design for Robocop

decided not to put the pics directly on here in case people didn't want to see them. if it was a bit more silver i think it would look fine, the black just looks odd. it just looks a bit plasticy

I wasn't expecting Robocop to look like that. Suit reminds me of The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises.

That's exactly what I was gonna say, just makes me think of Batman :/

EDIT: On reading the accompanying article it does that that's just one suit and that there are several in the film. Not sure how that's supposed to work, but I suppose it gives hope.

I bet you all want to watch this British film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQOT4xsqlUA...feature=g-all-u

The video has been removed by the user! What was it?

Edited by DJ Kris

• Paid Members
EDIT: On reading the accompanying article it does that that's just one suit and that there are several in the film. Not sure how that's supposed to work, but I suppose it gives hope.

Not read the article with it but the script got leaked and reviewed online and the jist of the multiple suits is that Robocop goes through a bunch of re-designs at the start of the film (with one of the designs being the original costume which is deemed 'too 80s' by the OCP execs) Apparently the film has a lot of very blunt nods to the original film in it

Edited by chokeout

I bet you all want to watch this British film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQOT4xsqlUA...feature=g-all-u

The video has been removed by the user! What was it?

The "trailer" for this - http://www.facebook.com/ATotalThugUp?ref=ts

Only know about it due to a friend of a friend who works at a factory with one of the lead actors/writer whom believes he's the next Stallone or something.

A trailer for a low budget zombie film, The Eschatrilogy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjdngBfICXg

Gina Carano the first name for an all female "expendables"

Rothrock, Hamilton and Weaver have to be in this surely. I'd probably put lucy lawless in their too

Geena Davis, what with the archery and the Long Kiss Good Night should be considered, Michelle Rodriguez for pretty much everything, and then any from Milla Jovovich, Uma Thurman, Angelina Jolie, Kate Beckinsdale, Ali Larter, Jennifer Garner, Michelle Yeoh, Zoe Saldana, Scarlett Johanson, Grace Jones, Bridget Nielsen and possibly Trish Stratus

Edited by patdfb

Rothrock, Hamilton and Weaver have to be in this surely. I'd probably put lucy lawless in their too

Geena Davis, what with the archery and the Long Kiss Good Night should be considered, Michelle Rodriguez for pretty much everything, and then any from Milla Jovovich, Uma Thurman, Angelina Jolie, Kate Beckinsdale, Ali Larter, Jennifer Garner, Michelle Yeoh, Zoe Saldana, Scarlett Johanson, Grace Jones, Bridget Nielsen and possibly Trish Stratus

That sounds bloody awful.

That sounds bloody awful.

And your list is? Oh right, yeah, pouring scorn is much better.

To be fair that does sound like a fucking terrible movie, pat. And your list doesn't even have Sigourney Weaver on it.

Seriously though, Grace fucking Jones?

Sigourney was mentioned above in a different post. I didnt want to double up, hence not including Weaver, Hamilton and Lawless. I was putting forward additional names to be considered for said Female Expendables.

Seriously thoug, Grace fucking Jones based on action credentials from Conan the Destroyer. So she isnt a good actress, Gary Daniels isnt a great actor, yet still made it to the original Expendables. So why not have Grace Jones in a female one.

I read somewhere that Helen Mirren was mooted by Simon West the quote was something like this "Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz, Milla Jovovich, Helen Mirren, Jamie Lee Curtis would be great."

So yeah why not Grace Jones?

• Paid Members

Because Grace Jones isn't an action film star. Neither are half the women on your list. Pretty much all the guys in The Expendables, aside from the pointless MMA guys, are seasoned and experienced action film stars. Scarlett Johansson isn't. Uma Thurman isn't. Ali Larter isn't.

If you're going to start casting the film, at least put women in it who have the credentials. What about Maggie Chung? Or Pam Grier? Or Lucy Liu? Or maybe even Rhona Mitra? Or Famke Janssen?

The mine of stars isn't as good, obviously, so there aren't as many to pick from. But still.

• Paid Members

This is a terrible idea for a movie. Who is it aimed at? Lots of people will pay to go see Arnie and Sly looking like odd headed waxworks of themselves. I cant imagine the same audience will pay to see a group of very old women, many of which were in films that didnt even get the little red 'rental of the week' triangle in the video shop, never mind a cinema release. Most casual MMA fans dont even know who Gina Carano is and unless she comes back for a high profile beating by Rhonda Roussey they probably never will.

Because Grace Jones isn't an action film star. Neither are half the women on your list. Pretty much all the guys in The Expendables, aside from the pointless MMA guys, are seasoned and experienced action film stars. Scarlett Johansson isn't. Uma Thurman isn't. Ali Larter isn't.

If you're going to start casting the film, at least put women in it who have the credentials. What about Maggie Chung? Or Pam Grier? Or Lucy Liu? Or maybe even Rhona Mitra? Or Famke Janssen?

The mine of stars isn't as good, obviously, so there aren't as many to pick from. But still.

Well they have action credentials, it's a lot harder to pick from as a list because female action films are few and far between. There has to be a mix between the good the bad and the awful as seen by the two Expendables films where the casting is all over the place, to include everyone

Uma Thurman, My Super Ex Girlfriend, Avengers, Batman and Robin, Kill Bill 1 and 2, Scarlett Johannson, Avengers Assemble, The Island, Iron Man 2. Ali Larter, Heroes, the Last two Resident Evil Films. So clearly not completely plucked out of thin air, hence a list of suggestions.

Another could be Charlize Theron, Aeon Flux, Hancock, The Italian Job, the New Mad Max Film. Heck chuck in Carrie Anne Moss, Matrix Trilogy, Daryl Hannah Kill Bill and low budget Chop socky films since, Katee Sackhoff, BSG, etc, Devon Aoki, Sin City, Dead or Alive, Summer Glau , Firefly/Serenity, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Buffy. Maggie Q, MI III, Die Hard 4.0, Kristiana Lokeren Terminator 3/ Bloodrayne or even going a bit off the beaten track Melanie Griffith, Cherry 2000. Nancy Allen, Robocop Trilogy and then there is a list to work from